[Q] Z2 Rooting

Search This thread

Lofty01

Jun 12, 2014
if after rooting my Z2 would i be able to run apps from the sd card i.e sat navs that store the maps on the sd card also would i need to flash an alternative image for this to work

Cheers
Lofty

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
I am also interested in knowing about this, before kitkat big games would store the additional downloaded game files on the microSD card saving space on the internal memory. I have seen posts saying that to bypass the kitkat SD card restrictions you have to edit platform.xml but other posts have said to edit the build.prop file. Which one is right?

in_finity

Nov 23, 2012
I am also interested in knowing about this, before kitkat big games would store the additional downloaded game files on the microSD card saving space on the internal memory. I have seen posts saying that to bypass the kitkat SD card restrictions you have to edit platform.xml but other posts have said to edit the build.prop file. Which one is right?

Indeed it seems as if editing platform.xml could solve this. Please refer to this thread for a tool that automates the process of editing platform.xml.