[Themes] X's Lab © INFUSE edition

Search This thread

threi_

Dec 18, 2011
Alliston
This is basically a black and white ics. But regular ics won't be hard to port.

Sent from a phone.

Sounds like my kind of theme :D

*edit*

Just a thought but seeing as how more and more android apps are adopting the HOLO "ICS" look (Best example is Quickpic updating to that look today) it is probably a better idea for themes to follow suit. Not necessarily to ape ICS directly, but rather to stop using gradients and round edges. As you can see it is starting to look more out of place when contrasted with Android apps now, now that google has (finally!) given developers a unified UI guideline to follow.

Last edited:

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 97

EXPERIMENT

Sep 27, 2011
NOOB Flashing Guide by X

Alright here's a little guide I put together for someone.
I figured others would appreciate it as well so I'm posting to share.
This is the method I use exactly the same every time.
Nothing official, just how I do it ;)

Here ya go :D

X's instructions for flashing a New Rom:

Pre-Install:
Start by creating a folder using the file manager of your choice (it should be located in /mnt/sdcard)
Name it with a "+" at the beginning, you pick the name. (The "+" will make it so that it's at the top of the list when you go into Red)
This folder will be where you put roms, themes, modems, ect. whatever you plan on flashing.

Once you've got everything in that folder:

Flashing the Rom:

1) Go into red recovery.
[You can use the extended power menu option, or at any point hold down the 3 buttons (power, volume up, volume down) until the samsung logo appears, then let go and wait...red will open. If it doesn't and the boot animation starts, hold the buttons down again, and wait for the 2nd time samsung pops up.]

2) The next steps can be done in any order;
a) -wipe data/factory reset
b) -wipe cache partition
c) -advanced> -wipe Dalvik Cache
then click +++Go Back+++

3) Now for the flashing;
a) -install zip from sdcard
b) -choose zip from sdcard
c) -navigate to the folder you made and flash rom
*if you created the folder in the correct place it will be at the top of the list ;)
then click +++Go Back+++

4) Reboot

5) Now be patient, when it boots up, you'll get the force close message, ignore it and it will go away. Continue waiting. There are 2 media scans that will run at the top, let them BOTH complete their scans before doing ANYTHING.

** Extra steps I recommend:

First go to market;

1) Download "BusyBox" and install.

2) Now search for "Superuser" and update.

3) If you own Titanium Backup Pro License, then uninstall Titanium and reinstall it, then install your license located below the free version in the market
(if you don't own the pro, then leave the one that came with the rom installed)

4) Restore your apps in Titanium Backup(TiBu) then once that finishes, REBOOT, and repeat step 5.

enjoy :D
*** Flashing Themes:

Steps 3-5 only. DON't wipe anything, just flash.

If this has helped you, please consider donating american dollar bills to me?
Or at least slappin me on my "thanks" button :D
X

Last edited:

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)
You are THE MAN X. Thanks so much for this post. I am sure it will help more than just me.

Questions:
Extra steps 1 & 2 ... done prior to flash? I assume yes.
Does it matter if you are in debugging mode or not?
If I am using Go Launcher now on Zeus now ... can I backup Go Launcher in the app and restore all my screens?
Hopefully this post will find itself attached to the supernoob thread as well.

Well done sir.

Sent from my High Tech Redneck Infuse Thingy powered by Zeus 5.2 King of ROMs

Last edited:
Reactions: EXPERIMENT

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
You are THE MAN X. Thanks so much for this post. I am sure it will help more than just me.

Questions:
Extra steps 1 & 2 ... done prior to flash? I assume yes.
Does it matter if you are in debugging mode or not?
If I am using Go Launcher now on Zeus now ... can I backup Go Launcher in the app and restore all my screens?
Hopefully this post will find itself attached to the supernoob thread as well.

Well done sir.

Sent from my High Tech Redneck Infuse Thingy powered by Zeus 5.2 King of ROMs

To answer your ?????? :
1) no after you are done flashing for the extra steps
2) debugging does not matter during this process
3) yes tibu will backup go launcher and return the screens. However Widgets may not reload properly on the screen and you may need to re-add those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

EXPERIMENT

Sep 27, 2011
All in that order. The busybox gets installed with rom, I just like to install a fresh version first thing after, because it makes it so that superuser apps can write info in places that would normally be "read only" ( 90% of the time it updates to a newer version after flashing a new rom so...yes do it after)
As for Go Launcher, if you go into the preferences of "Go" at bottom theres an option to backup desktop configuration. If you save it, then you can restore later. But as ppalbicke said the widgets will need to be re-added regardless.

X,
on R3VELATiON.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubba

Yuma75

Feb 8, 2012
+1 on the instructions for flashing a new rom and theme.

Thanks X!!! Very helpful.

Yuma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello XDA friends,
    I go by EXPERIMENT around here, or you can just call me X.
    I'm starting this thread as a one stop shop for themes and things that I've either made for or feel you should have.
    I am a real person with responsibilities in the real world so I will not be able to hold your hand through stuff that you can find out on your own with a little bit of reading. I do like to help people and will try if I can, just don't "expect" it.

I'm hoping that this can be a helpful and fun thread.

Enjoy!
    Hey! I did NOT ask an eta question... really? Can't even ask a simple question anymore without someone jumping down your throat.. it was a question for X.. as it was addressed to X.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app

Agreed. Members need to take a step back...relax...and enjoy this place rather than police it. Mods are here to do that. A helpful nudge in the right direction is needed sometimes, but it has gotten to the point where it seems like many users just enjoy pointing out errors or belittling others and increasing the size of their e peens, as opposed to actually contributing.

Want to help?...awesome! Not helping...

And my post is not meant to chastise any one individual. We are all guilty at one time or another, myself included. Just would love to see the tone of these forums take a turn for the better.
    The Collective "split" into two groups. It was basically two groups from the beginning. Both groups dedicated to bring quality work to phone users everywhere. Which was great. But as a team, communication is vital. One group worked via conference calls while the other coordinated via online chat (irc, g+ messenger, Palringo). Hence "same dreams, different beds". One group will retain the Collective name, the other will be known as "The Family". Those who have been actively working on the Infuse (Emancipation, AOKP project) will still be active as the Family. There is no ill will behind the split...more "growing pains" if anything.

I would like to think of the split not as a parting of ways, just more of a divide and conquer approach. The Collective will always have my support. "What's mine is yours" was my mantra while in the Collective, and that offer still stands to any of it's members. And as The Family, we will still do or best to bring the goodies here to our Infuse family...with a smile ;)

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    preview.

ColorKiller Preview
    428816_423977520974763_771251685_n.jpg

319426_423977420974773_1543063198_n.jpg

531243_423977124308136_1957781335_n.jpg

Whatcha think?
    The Collective "split" into two groups. It was basically two groups from the beginning. Both groups dedicated to bring quality work to phone users everywhere. Which was great. But as a team, communication is vital. One group worked via conference calls while the other coordinated via online chat (irc, g+ messenger, Palringo). Hence "same dreams, different beds". One group will retain the Collective name, the other will be known as "The Family". Those who have been actively working on the Infuse (Emancipation, AOKP project) will still be active as the Family. There is no ill will behind the split...more "growing pains" if anything.

I would like to think of the split not as a parting of ways, just more of a divide and conquer approach. The Collective will always have my support. "What's mine is yours" was my mantra while in the Collective, and that offer still stands to any of it's members. And as The Family, we will still do or best to bring the goodies here to our Infuse family...with a smile ;)

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Ahh. Well said my friend.

EXPERIMENT