[GUIDE]How to DEODEX Apps Using ONLY Android Phone.

Search This thread

LetJect

May 15, 2013
sonesangavi
Hello everyone...
First thing.. sorry for my Bad English..
Many times it happens that we want to install app from another rom which may be odexed...or we don't have PC/laptop to deodex app...
But now using only Android phone it is possible to deodex app ...
What you need is..
[1] Rooted android phone.
[2] any advance file manager installed.
[3] apktool installed on your phone :
Steps to install apktool on android:
1) Download apktool 4.1.1 apk from link:
http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/detail?name=Apktool4.1.1.apk&can=2&q=

2) download apktool4.1_armel.zip from link: http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/detail?name=apktool4.1_armel.zip&can=2&q=

3) extract above zip file ...you will get apktool folder.
Place apktool folder in root of SD card..

4) now install apktool apk and give it root permission...

5) now go to /system/framework/
And click on framework_Res.apk and list will come..now select import as framework...
Now select twframework.apk(if present) and again import it as framework....

6) Now you are ready to use apktool....

Steps to deodex apps:
[1] Make a folder on sdcard.and place the file you want to deodex and their respective odex file..

[2] now click on appname.apk file and select decompile all and wait till complete.
After completion you will see new folder namely appname_src.
Similarly click on appname.dex and select decompile all...after completion you will see folder appname_odex..

[3] Now go to any file manager.And open appname_src folder ...and create new folder having name "smali" (without quotes).

[4] Now go to folder apkname_odex and copy / move all files inside that folder to apkname_src/smali/here...

[5] now go to apktool apk and click on folder apkname_src and select recompile all....
After recompile process complete ..
There will be new apk in folder named appname_src.apk...

[7] now you have to sign that apk file..you can sign it by either zip signer apk or by clicking that apk and then selecting sign apk option ....

NOW INSTALL APK AND ENJOY......

If you have any problem please post here..
And You can press thanks....
Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385324339841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385324339841.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 11,503
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385325001764.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385325001764.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 11,533
Last edited:

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
This Works Quite Well...

Hello everyone...
Many times it happens that we want to install app from another rom which may be odexed...or we don't have PC/laptop to deodex app...
What you need is..
http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/detail?name=Apktool4.1.1.apk&can=2&q=

2) download apktool4.1_armel.zip from link: http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/detail?name=apktool4.1_armel.zip&can=2&q=

And click on framework_Res.apk and list will come..now select import as framework...

Steps to deodex apps:
[1] Make a folder on sdcard.and place the file you want to deodex and their respective odex file..

[2] now click on appname.apk file and select decompile all and wait till complete.
Similarly click on appname.dex and select decompile all...after completion you will see folder appname_odex..

[3] Now go to any file manager.And open appname_src folder ...and create new folder having name "smali" (without quotes).

[4] Now go to folder apkname_odex and copy / move all files inside that folder to apkname_src/smali/here...

[5] now go to apktool apk and click on folder apkname_src and select recompile all....

[7] now you have to sign that apk file..you can sign it by either zip signer apk or by clicking that apk and then selecting sign apk option ....

Your instructions are clear and precise. Thank you for this wonderful tool, it works quite well.

I do have a few questions:

Do the framework-res files (TouchWiz and regular) need to be imported each time one decompiles/recompiles an odexed apk, or is once enough?

Also, where does the app leave its folders while it does its work? I noticed that while running the app, it appeared to pull the framework files into subfolders. Are these files left on the phone's internal storage, root of the phone, or removed after a session? These questions, of course, are related, but the bottom line is I am trying to understand the application's impact on resources and memory.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: yusuf_mumani

LetJect

May 15, 2013
sonesangavi
Your instructions are clear and precise. Thank you for this wonderful tool, it works quite well.

Do the framework-res files (TouchWiz and regular) need to be imported each time one decompiles/recompiles an odexed apk, or is once enough?

Also, where does the app leave its folders while it does its work? I noticed that while running the app, it appeared to pull the framework files into subfolders. Are these files left on the phone's internal storage, root of the phone, or removed after a session? These questions, of course, are related, but the bottom line is I am trying to understand the application's impact on resources and memory.

Thanks for your help!

1) no need to import framework files each time..just import it once.
If you changed the rom then you have to import new framework files of that rom..
2) app creates the files for each app in storage.
After editing, odexing or deodexing app just delete the folders like appname_src....

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app...

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
1) no need to import framework files each time..just import it once.
If you changed the rom then you have to import new framework files of that rom..
2) app creates the files for each app in storage.
After editing, odexing or deodexing app just delete the folders like appname_src....

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app...

Thank you sir. The app works well, has some minor error messages with the phone and contacts apps, but this may be unrelated to your app. Overall this is an outstanding resource.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Thanks but this is all that's popping up

/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/mydata/apktool.sh: /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf/jre/bin/java: not found

JeramyEggs

Jan 4, 2011
Charleston Il
I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3106680010622472678.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/res, -M, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:358)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:283)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:206)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:228)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3106680010622472678.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/res, -M, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:357)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:336)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3106680010622472678.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/res, -M, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:93)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:355)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt": error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1042)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:615)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:483)
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:84)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:135)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:130)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1023)
... 10 more

This is what errors i got trying this on my note 2 deodexing SecLauncher4_src. Any help would be great. Thanks

LetJect

May 15, 2013
sonesangavi
I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3106680010622472678.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/res, -M, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:358)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:283)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:206)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:228)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3106680010622472678.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/res, -M, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:357)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:336)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3106680010622472678.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/res, -M, /sdcard/deodex apk/SecLauncher4_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:93)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:355)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt": error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1042)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:615)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:483)
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:84)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:135)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:130)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1023)
... 10 more

This is what errors i got trying this on my note 2 deodexing SecLauncher4_src. Any help would be great. Thanks

Truly speaking bro..
I don't know why this happens...
Plz can u ask to some expert ....
Sorry ...

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Ok so I tried Modding my settings and everything worked, pushed it to system and it opened. I reboot my phone and it's gone. Like it uninstalled itself. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone...
    What you need is..

Steps to deodex apps:

Haven't tried yet bt this was what i was searching for.....will report soon

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
    This Works Quite Well...

Hello everyone...
    What you need is..

Steps to deodex apps:

Thanks for your help!
    Quick question, how long does it usually take to decompile?
    can I suggest ***** as a deodexer and odexer app..It's quite easy to use

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

and its also banned for warez use so I would suggest removing that post