I unlocked my phone for free

Search This thread

Radiobuzz

Dec 4, 2011
So there's this app on the phone called Help (Ayuda in Spanish) that has a nice chat option to connect directly to a Motorola help guy. I told him I wanted to have the code to unlock the phone, and he told me that I should contact my carrier to see if they could give it to me (they can but only if I pay a fee because I'm on a 12 months contract and I only had it for three months). But, he said, if the carrier could not give me a satisfactory answer I should contact help desk again. A couple of minutes later I log in again and ask again for a unlock code. He asks me a couple of questions, including my IMEI, and tells me I should be recieving an answer in 72 hours. Today I got a call from the guy and I got my code.

I'm in Argentina so I'm not sure if this will work anywhere, however if you have the Help app you should try it and see how it goes.

Reactions: Fede37

rmrbpt

Nov 4, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Are you talking about a carrier unlock code or a bootloader unlock code.
Motorola will give you the bootloader unlock code id your carrier allows it.
However if they give you the carrier unlock code and your phone is under contract thats a pretty serious violation from that Motorola employee...

Fede37

Sep 17, 2013
Liberaste el celu? Jajajaja awwwww yeah me podes pasar el apk de esa app? Help. Porque la borre jajaja gracias! Ah y si es odexed me pasas el .odex también?

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Fede37

Sep 17, 2013
Turns out I asked for the unlock code through their chat service, online, on their website and they told me they were going to call me in the next 48 hours, 72 tops. All you have to say is that you already talked to your carrier and that they told you to ask them ("them" being Motorola) for the unlock code. And that's it! I'm waiting for the call

gabo_lope

May 10, 2012
Managua
Moto G7
Xiaomi Poco F3
Im going to restore my stock rom backup just for this...

Let's see if I can get it, here an unlock code is very costly
Vamos a ver si se los sacamos, porque aqui sale carísimo un codigo de desbloqueo

rmrbpt

Nov 4, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This would be a real problem to Motorola id it happened in Europe... Carriers would sue them definetely.
However if they are giving you the codes than enjoy xD

Fede37

Sep 17, 2013
No creo que necesites volver a stock. Anda a la página de Motorola y listo.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

You can bet I'll take it

gabo_lope

May 10, 2012
Managua
Moto G7
Xiaomi Poco F3

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

You can bet I'll take it

Yes i noticed on when I had already restored, and i noticed on the the post above mine
si, me di cuenta cuando ya lo habia restaurado, y me fije en el comentario de arriba :silly:

For now, i contacted them and they told they would give me a call in the next four work days
Por ahora, me dijeron que me iban a llamar en los proximos 4 dias habiles :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Fede37

Jymsogr

May 15, 2014
Can you please tell how you unlocked and how to root moto g

Sent from XDA Free mobile app

MisterColo

May 20, 2014
Que grande que sos papá por darte cuenta jajajaj. De casualidad sabés si pierdo la garantía de Movistar al desbloquear el celu? Justo el Moto G que tengo ahora no le anda la vibración entonces el jueves lo llevo a garantía.

Krisshp

Dec 29, 2012
Ohhh! you gotta love Motorola they just gave me the unlock code and just saved me 40 bucks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IT COST YOU 40 bucks in YOUR COUNTRY????

Wow!! It's a good job you got it for free!!!!

Here in the UK. I paid only £1.89. And it worked perfectly! But wow! Surprised in your country ! Monopoly

Fede37

Sep 17, 2013
Ni re arriesgues. Llevalo y proba después

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Those mofos.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Can someone give the apk of this Help app and its .odex file please? Ane where should I paste it? The one from Play Store wont work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So there's this app on the phone called Help (Ayuda in Spanish) that has a nice chat option to connect directly to a Motorola help guy. I told him I wanted to have the code to unlock the phone, and he told me that I should contact my carrier to see if they could give it to me (they can but only if I pay a fee because I'm on a 12 months contract and I only had it for three months). But, he said, if the carrier could not give me a satisfactory answer I should contact help desk again. A couple of minutes later I log in again and ask again for a unlock code. He asks me a couple of questions, including my IMEI, and tells me I should be recieving an answer in 72 hours. Today I got a call from the guy and I got my code.

I'm in Argentina so I'm not sure if this will work anywhere, however if you have the Help app you should try it and see how it goes.

You can bet I'll take it

Yes i noticed on when I had already restored, and i noticed on the the post above mine
    si, me di cuenta cuando ya lo habia restaurado, y me fije en el comentario de arriba :silly:

For now, i contacted them and they told they would give me a call in the next four work days
    Por ahora, me dijeron que me iban a llamar en los proximos 4 dias habiles :D