Search This thread

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
I too can't wait for this update. check this img out lol

ios_v_android-thumb-640xauto-15275.png

Android 2.2 demolishes iOS4 in JavaScript benchmarks

Nice! :D

Froyo on the N.A. version Galaxy S needs to be a holiday. LOL...

lp894

Nov 26, 2007
im in america....but im downloading the firmware....i'll probably flash it.....and then if i need to go back....use the samsung kies app to revert the firmware

EugeneKay

Mar 8, 2009
This ROM(XXJP1) has been released. Do *not* flash this ROM.

It works decent, but it does have some major spit and polish issues. Root cannot be obtained via the update.zip method. I tried to revert of UVJE8 via Odin3, and a total hard-brick occurred. Black screen, no button lights, zero. This is not the Cell+!+PC soft-brick. Given the current state of this ROM(engineering preview), it is far from usable as a daily driver. Another user has stated that the cell radio does not work at all.

I say again, if you try to downgrade after flashing XXJP1, you run a very good chance of getting a HARD brick. Avoid.

acjames

Jun 17, 2010
Memphis 10
This ROM(XXJP1) has been released. Do *not* flash this ROM.

It works decent, but it does have some major spit and polish issues. Root cannot be obtained via the update.zip method. I tried to revert of UVJE8 via Odin3, and a total hard-brick occurred. Black screen, no button lights, zero. This is not the Cell+!+PC soft-brick. Given the current state of this ROM(engineering preview), it is far from usable as a daily driver. Another user has stated that the cell radio does not work at all.

I say again, if you try to downgrade after flashing XXJP1, you run a very good chance of getting a HARD brick. Avoid.

Thats exactly how i bricked my phone.

lp894

Nov 26, 2007
then I will abstain. However....is it possible to use what IS there just to get the android system as an os....while taking say the zimage and radio from an older image?

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
A quote from our devs.

Scepterr:
"Vibrant and Captivate users do not flash the i9000 JP1 & JP2 Froyo release it does not work correctly and you can not revert back."

Please don't try flashing the i9000 upgrade.

designerfx

Sep 12, 2009
heh my thoughts from the start were "awesome. lets wait for devs to make use of it". I hope nobody flashed it.