HTC One Wont Boot

Search This thread

ScientistBob

Feb 1, 2014
Last night I plugged my phone in when it was at 9%. Woke up this morning and it was dead.

Steps Taken:

1. Tried 6 other chargers (including a tablet charger)
No luck​
2. Held down Power+Volume Down
Boot menu loaded. Tried to "Reboot". No luck.​
Went into Boot again, tried charging it and it said "Fastboot AC" Left it at this for almost 45 minutes and tried booting but thing.​
3. Plugged into a computer and nothing.
4. Tried the Light + Sensor + Power/Volume trick.
5. Computer recognizes it as (Android 1.0)
Cannot plug it into a desktop with Sync Manager due to at work ATM​
6. Tried holding power.
7. Tried power + Volume Up

I'm very stuck at this point.

I have no LED's, no home button lighting up. Phone isnt getting warm on a charger like usuall. Need some help please.

PS I read multiple threads on not powering on and did all the tricks I can. From what I've read they all could get nothing out of the phone where as I had something in the begining.

Phone is stock. It was rooted, but I have it back to stock now.

ScientistBob

Feb 1, 2014
Alright new update.

Plugged the phone into the computer. Installed HTC Sync Manager. Held down Power + Volulme down. The computer beeps as if new device connected. I hit the power button again and the phone disconnects from the computer. Could this be a fault display or bad board?

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
does the device manager on windows show:

QHSUSB-DLOAD mode ????

Qualcomm Highpeed USB Download Mode

if yes... it's pretty much a bricked device... if you're on stock... just return it..
even if it was rooted they won't be able to boot it up either... and so they won't see if it was rooted..

ScientistBob

Feb 1, 2014
does the device manager on windows show:

QHSUSB-DLOAD mode ????

Qualcomm Highpeed USB Download Mode

if yes... it's pretty much a bricked device... if you're on stock... just return it..
even if it was rooted they won't be able to boot it up either... and so they won't see if it was rooted..

Device manager reads:

Android USB Devices
-MY HTC

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Device manager reads:

Android USB Devices
-MY HTC

I once heard about a guy that had a similar problem like you...

he said that he charged his phone for ~10 Minutes and then pressed the power button for more than 90 seconds... this resetted his charging mode (or something similar) and his phone worked again... I'll link you the thread if I find it again...

try this once

ScientistBob

Feb 1, 2014
I once heard about a guy that had a similar problem like you...

he said that he charged his phone for ~10 Minutes and then pressed the power button for more than 90 seconds... this resetted his charging mode (or something similar) and his phone worked again... I'll link you the thread if I find it again...

try this once

Tried this. HTC Also told me to try something new.. Charge the phone for 15 minutes. Hold down the Power+Volume UP+Volume DOWN for 2 minutes (Or untill the screen lights up). This will reset the battery memory.

This did not work...

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Tried this. HTC Also told me to try something new.. Charge the phone for 15 minutes. Hold down the Power+Volume UP+Volume DOWN for 2 minutes (Or untill the screen lights up). This will reset the battery memory.

This did not work...

ok... both didnt' work ?

did you try holding your phone below a bright light source ?

Top Liked Posts