[DEV][KERNEL][STABLE]CAF Kernel | KK-2.7| APRIL 28th

Search This thread

varun.chitre15

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
2 months of work and its done finally.

The kernel is based off the latest msm8930 kitkat branch.
Any part of this kernel is not yet ready for daily usage. Please do not spam the thread with meaningless questions

Whats working?
- Everything

Sources: https://github.com/varunchitre15/android_kernel_sony_msm8930

For developers: I will write how to build all the stuff and I will release my device tree soon.

XDA:DevDB Information
CAF Kernel, a Kernel for the Sony Xperia L

Contributors
varun.chitre15
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-03-27
Last Updated 2014-04-29

Last edited:

KillerKink

Sep 29, 2010
Great work! Though i dont recommend listing the steps to do it. Kernel and device tree git should suffice.

Reactions: oprz_5

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
Progress so far -
- Fixed LEDs
- Fixed Brightness control
- Fixed all sensors
- Fixed wifi - now works with latest prima module of 3.2.7.42!! It has become a lot better even than that of stock jb.

New bug watch -
- Delay in opening callscreen when a number is dialled
- Shows roaming even if it is not.

Edit: kernel sources have been updated

Last edited:

coolhz

Nov 3, 2013
Thanks fot this great and remarkable contribution, and keep it up!!! We all are looking forward to your works :)

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
Fixed Bluetooth!!!

d3w3ly9.png

I hope you now know why it wasn't present in either of working/non-working list :)

Cheers!

freakzapster

Jan 29, 2013
What about storage????

And isn't download link not available yet

Due to testing???

Sent From My Xperia L

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
- GPS now working :) including turn by turn navigation (Actually nothing was broken here just some common stuff was missed which is why it didn't work )

So a news here is with the stock kernel we have a completely working CM now!

But to get things officially supported we need to make it work with CAF kernel!
Currently with CAF kernel only audio,video,vibrator is broken as of yet.

I am always in contact with FXP and we will be getting official support as soon as above things are sorted out and a proper, cleaner and non-hacky solution is made up to fix the storage. Yes you heard right. We are not much away from getting things official.
I have been and always keep you updated with every new stuff happening.

Currently the xda build server is under maintainance and needs some time to be up again which will resume my work more soon.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2 months of work and its done finally.

The kernel is based off the latest msm8930 kitkat branch.
    Any part of this kernel is not yet ready for daily usage. Please do not spam the thread with meaningless questions

Whats working?
    - Everything

Sources: https://github.com/varunchitre15/android_kernel_sony_msm8930

For developers: I will write how to build all the stuff and I will release my device tree soon.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CAF Kernel, a Kernel for the Sony Xperia L

Contributors
    varun.chitre15
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-03-27
    Last Updated 2014-04-29
    GOOD NEWS

Vibrator and MIC is now fixed. The kernel now is in completely stable stage. 1 month of total duration since release and 5 months net total :D
    I will be releasing CM11 stable by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, if I finish the work today, it may even come out today itself :D

Speaking about why I even need 1-2 days because I am working on Open source GPS HAL implementation which means we will get rid of sony's hal making it future compatible. This needs time.

For devs, I will push my fixes to my github a bit later i.e right when I am going to make the thread. I am going speak about all the kanging fiasco happened in last few days later when I am about close this thread.

Final conflicts towards official CM support:
    The only problem right now is the storage bug, the extra patches I had to add to the vold code is spoiling the whole party. Few days ago I had a talk with a CM maintainer about this, according to him, we first need to write the patches with proper CyanogenMOD codestyle without creating incompatibilities with other devices and then get them merged from cm-gerrit.
    Above that I am still studying and searching for a way to fix this without patching the vold. I will keep everyone posted about official FXP and CM support on the new thread
    - GPS now working :) including turn by turn navigation (Actually nothing was broken here just some common stuff was missed which is why it didn't work )

So a news here is with the stock kernel we have a completely working CM now!

But to get things officially supported we need to make it work with CAF kernel!
    Currently with CAF kernel only audio,video,vibrator is broken as of yet.

I am always in contact with FXP and we will be getting official support as soon as above things are sorted out and a proper, cleaner and non-hacky solution is made up to fix the storage. Yes you heard right. We are not much away from getting things official.
    I have been and always keep you updated with every new stuff happening.

Currently the xda build server is under maintainance and needs some time to be up again which will resume my work more soon.

I will be releasing a build with stock kernel temporarily so everyone can have joy of bug free CM :)
    Maybe on Sunday or Monday.

Fixed Bluetooth!!!

d3w3ly9.png

I hope you now know why it wasn't present in either of working/non-working list :)

Cheers!