[APP][Touchwiz 7.0+] Firefds Kit [Nougat]- Customization for Touchwiz N framework

Search This thread

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Version for Marshmallow is available here: https://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-xtouchwizs5-customization-touchwiz-t3372401

This is the moded version of Wanam's XtouchWiz module. (http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-xtouchwiz-customize-stock-samsung-t3296878)
It is moded to work with Nougat TouchWiz devices.

It is tested on the Galaxy S8 Exynos, but could also work on other Nougat models like the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S7, Note 8.
If this module works on your device please inform me so I can add it to the list.

This module only has features that GravityBox Nougat doesn't have. I've been fixing compatibility issues in GravityBox Nougat and @C3C076 has been merging them into the module.
Most of the features that were previously on the MM version of Firefds Kit are now working on GravityBox Nougat.
For more info about GravityBox Nougat: https://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v7-0-0-tweak-box-android-t3653953

Known working devices:
Galaxy S8 Exynos
Galaxy S8 / S8+ Snapdragon

Features:
- Enable navigation bar custom color chooser
- Carrier Label options in status bar
- Fake System status
- Disable TIMA/KAP
- Call Recording
- Auto call recording
- Bypass Email Exchange restrictions
- Disable tether provisioning
- DVFS Disable option
- Disable battery level/temp checks while using Camera
- Disable Adb during secured lockscreen
- Enable Message save and restore from sdcard
- Show Wireless charging popup
- Hide full battery notification
- Hide NFC icon
- Disable Bluetooth toggle popup
- Semi-transparent volume panel
- Disable volume control sound
- Disable low battery sound
- Screen timeout settings
- And few other features

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/sb.firefds.nougat.firefdskit

Source:
https://github.com/Firefds/FirefdsKit/tree/nougat

@rovo89 for his awesome work on Xposed framework and Mods.
@wanam for his Xposed touchwiz framework and his original module.
@C3C076 for his GravityBox module.

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button!!

Last edited:

maumaus

Aug 13, 2008
Hi

I was so glad to see you module popup on xposed. But I ran into a weird problem...

Is it in any way possible your app broke the way my phone connects to Chromecast? I was using Chromecast just fine at the moment I installed your module. But I had to restart for it to activate. So I did....
Now I can't connect to my Chromecast anymore... (if it even shows up).
An old tablet still works fine finding and connecting to my Chromecast.
I rebooted my Chromecast, my router, deleted your app and cleared (davlik/art) cache.
Still not connecting. I'm out of ideas. I hate to point fingers but your app is the most likely reason. I know you're not responsible for anything. I just hope you can help. Any solution I have now is to factory reset my phone.

I'm on a s7 latest stock firmware. I use gravitybox without a problem.
On MM I also used xtouchwiz without problems.

Thanks in advance!

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Hi

I was so glad to see you module popup on xposed. But I ran into a weird problem...

Is it in any way possible your app broke the way my phone connects to Chromecast? I was using Chromecast just fine at the moment I installed your module. But I had to restart for it to activate. So I did....
Now I can't connect to my Chromecast anymore... (if it even shows up).
An old tablet still works fine finding and connecting to my Chromecast.
I rebooted my Chromecast, my router, deleted your app and cleared (davlik/art) cache.
Still not connecting. I'm out of ideas. I hate to point fingers but your app is the most likely reason. I know you're not responsible for anything. I just hope you can help. Any solution I have now is to factory reset my phone.

I'm on a s7 latest stock firmware. I use gravitybox without a problem.
On MM I also used xtouchwiz without problems.

Thanks in advance!
Im using Chromecast myself and don't have any issues.
Also, there is nothing related to chromecast in the module.
Only thing I can think of is - restore your original csc.

When uninstalling the module, the csc changes are not revertes, so you need to delete the others.xml / features.xml and rename the backup file it created. Try that, reboot and update.

lekcin18

Feb 20, 2016
please add the incoming and outgoing data. I'm using gravity N and it has that feature. thanks

maumaus

Aug 13, 2008
Im using Chromecast myself and don't have any issues.
Also, there is nothing related to chromecast in the module.
Only thing I can think of is - restore your original csc.

When uninstalling the module, the csc changes are not revertes, so you need to delete the others.xml / features.xml and rename the backup file it created. Try that, reboot and update.
Thanks for the quick reply. Weirdly enough it seems to work again after a night sleep. I really don't know what the issue was. It seriously happened directly after I installed the app.
But maybe it was all a coincidence. I really hated to point the fingers at the app... But I tried en tested everything last night. Sorry for that.

About the backups for others.xml and features.xml...

I only see a features.xml.bak which is 0 bytes. So maybe that's a bug? Can you tell me what the app changes so I can check them in the features.xml? I would like to have it 'clean' before I mess with it again.

others.xml doesn't seem touched or have a backup... but maybe that has to do with what option I choose in the app.

Thanks for everything.

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Thanks for the quick reply. Weirdly enough it seems to work again after a night sleep. I really don't know what the issue was. It seriously happened directly after I installed the app.
But maybe it was all a coincidence. I really hated to point the fingers at the app... But I tried en tested everything last night. Sorry for that.

About the backups for others.xml and features.xml...

I only see a features.xml.bak which is 0 bytes. So maybe that's a bug? Can you tell me what the app changes so I can check them in the features.xml? I would like to have it 'clean' before I mess with it again.

others.xml doesn't seem touched or have a backup... but maybe that has to do with what option I choose in the app.

Thanks for everything.

features.xml is only backed up if you have the features.xml file.
Since your device is using others.xml it doesn't backup it, but created features.xml instead and uses it.
Do you have features.xml file? if so is it populated with something?

maumaus

Aug 13, 2008
features.xml is only backed up if you have the features.xml file.
Since your device is using others.xml it doesn't backup it, but created features.xml instead and uses it.
Do you have features.xml file? if so is it populated with something?
So if I understand correctly I haven't had a feature.xml before installing your app. That sounds about right and explains the 0kb backup file.
Yes features.xml looks like an extended others.xml with extra lines.
Does this mean that I could delete features.xml if I wanted? So the system will automatically look back at others.xml?
Or would that mess something up?

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
So if I understand correctly I haven't had a feature.xml before installing your app. That sounds about right and explains the 0kb backup file.
Yes features.xml looks like an extended others.xml with extra lines.
Does this mean that I could delete features.xml if I wanted? So the system will automatically look back at others.xml?
Or would that mess something up?
Exactly, you can delete features.xml safely and the system will look for your original others.xml.

Have you tried installing the module again? I'm very curios to if it affect your Chromecast connection again.

maumaus

Aug 13, 2008
Exactly, you can delete features.xml safely and the system will look for your original others.xml.

Have you tried installing the module again? I'm very curios to if it affect your Chromecast connection again.

I'm curious to. I want to try tomorrow if I don't forget.
Today I don't want to mess with it because I want to watch a few sporting events on Chromecast.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: firefds

Phoenix09

Dec 1, 2009
Equestria
HTC One X+
HTC Vision: G2
@firefds I'm probably better off posting this here than the GravityBox thread.
GravityBox breaks the volume panel, notification volume can't be changed, it always resets to the previous volume.
Turning off "link ringtone & notification volumes" fixes it but then I have two notification volumes in the panel.
So I think this feature needs to be entirely disabled on TouchWiz.

firefds

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
@firefds I'm probably better off posting this here than the GravityBox thread.
GravityBox breaks the volume panel, notification volume can't be changed, it always resets to the previous volume.
Turning off "link ringtone & notification volumes" fixes it but then I have two notification volumes in the panel.
So I think this feature needs to be entirely disabled on TouchWiz.
Yes, I'm aware of that problem in GB.
I was trying to fix this for a while now, but for the mean time I just have the duplicated notification volume bar. It doesn't really bother me.

Edit:
I was able to remove the 2nd notification bar for Touchwiz and created a pull request in GB source.

This feature from Firefds Kit MM was even worse, so I removed it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts