Cheapo $9 EBAY Generic Desktop Stand - Fast Charging 13w + working w/Samsung AC/USB

Search This thread

mrbogusbaxter

May 26, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Cheap! $9.00 (20w) Generic Desktop Fast Charging Stand (Working w/NON OEM AC USB) including SAMSUNG Fast Wireless AC / USB

First let me say I have absolute ZERO affiliation to anything relating the sale of this product!
I am just sharing the wealth here for as being still such an unclarity on proper working charging accessories. A small gamble I took on purchasing (2) of these cheapies on EBAY turned out to be quite
a surprise.

Using with GP4XL (Unlocked)
• Fast Wireless Charging (13.2w confirmed)
• Charger immediately recognized on device (as PIXEL STAND) enabling additional GOOGLE ASSISTANT software
• Working w/various GENERIC AC Adapters & USB cables (YAY!)
including SAMSUNG FAST WIRELESS AC / USB + more
• No issues of overheating or phone getting warm.

I am unsure if the specs are EPP charging (as a listed requirement of FAST CHARGING via Google) though it seems to be doing the job as if it was.

What I did find ODD is that these chargers DO NOT play nice using the GENUINE AC Adapter & USB C cable that shipped with the PIXEL 4. SLOW CHARGING AT MAX! Go Figure?
I have tested various older USB cables and USB C adapters and all with no issues w/Fast Charging (though obviously keep in mind results do vary with stuff like this!)
Regardless, for $9 bux, its worth checking out for anyone who is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20W-Wirele...var=671844964393&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,810
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,807
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,763
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,466

thompsr2

Jul 7, 2012
Dumb question: does the generic AC USB plug being used with this stand still need to be USB-PD capable?

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Dumb question: does the generic AC USB plug being used with this stand still need to be USB-PD capable?
I think it only needs to be quick charge 2.0/3.0 capable. Didn't the OP say he had trouble using the original pixel charger that came with his phone? I actually ran into issues using my original pixel wall charger with some wireless car charger mounts. They worked fine with QC chargers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cryppie

Jan 27, 2010
Southern Indiana
OnePlus 9 Pro
They sent two of these to me. Both show max 8.4 watts no matter what cable/plug I use and I have many. It also does not present itself as a Pixel Stand - those features are not available.

To add, I noticed the stands get in a state that bounces power on/off very quickly and doesn't stop. I would avoid these.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
They sent two of these to me. Both show max 8.4 watts no matter what cable/plug I use and I have many. It also does not present itself as a Pixel Stand - those features are not available.

To add, I noticed the stands get in a state that bounces power on/off very quickly and doesn't stop. I would avoid these.

What do you mean it bounces on and off? Like it says charging and then says it's not charging at the bottom?

mrbogusbaxter

May 26, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
mine arrived today, I can also confirm slow charging and no pixel stand functionality no matter what adapter or cable I use

Sorry for any delayed responses here (holiday) though I have just caught these testing results.

I just received an additional (2) of the same chargers and all seem to charge fine here. (Pixel 4 XL)
All being used with Samsung AC Fast Charging AC adapter.

Check to see if the AC adapter you are using has both 5v & 9v output. (Must have 9v for the FAST to charge)
-
Can you post a photo of the AC adapter that you are using ? (all photos could be of assistance here.)

The stand itself is 20w so fast charging would more or less come down to the AC plug.

** Keep in mind that the OG cable and AC charger plug that came with the PIXEL phone is not compatible
with this charger that will hit at SLOW. (mentioned in OG post)

Attachments

• IMG_20200111_212618.jpg
    IMG_20200111_212618.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:

kellybrf

Nov 16, 2007
Google Pixel 8
I tried several, from the OEM to choetech to aukey to zte. I used the cable it came with, OEM a to c, OEM c, third party c; i tried both type c and qc3 chargers...all with no success. I wouldn't think the pixel stand feature shouldn't have anything to do with charging speed, though I can't say for sure

mrbogusbaxter

May 26, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I tried several, from the OEM to choetech to aukey to zte. I used the cable it came with, OEM a to c, OEM c, third party c; i tried both type c and qc3 chargers...all with no success. I wouldn't think the pixel stand feature shouldn't have anything to do with charging speed, though I can't say for sure

I believe the PIXEL stand software features only become enabled when detecting a FAST CHARGE at 13.5w.
(which is capable when using AC adapters of 9v & more)

The only AC adapter I personally have found to be non working was THE OG stuff & USB C to USB C

Most USB C to USB A seemed to work with no hitch.
USB C adapters, had no issues with them either. worked fine.

Can you snap of picture of the AC adapter labels. ?
See if we could narrow down the issues.

also one last .... check the actual charging wattage using the app Inware. (Battery Tab)
The lock screen charging message will ONLY show Charging Wireless - not rapid charging (which is easily misleading) though is running at FAST WIRELESS CHARGING speeds.

-

Last edited:
Reactions: jackslater2020
Jan 11, 2020
I believe the PIXEL stand software features only become enabled when detecting a FAST CHARGE at 13.5w.

The only AC adapter I personally have found to be non working was THE OG stuff & USB C to USB C

also one last .... check the actual charging wattage using the app Inware. (Battery Tab)
The lock screen charging message will ONLY show Charging Wireless - not rapid charging (which is easily misleading) though is running at FAST WIRELESS CHARGING speeds.

-

Using with LG stylo 5 fast adapter and the chargingspeed is fast. between 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours total. Using with Usb C to Usb A cable 3 ft.

My only issue really was trying to get the extra software up and running. I couldn't figure out why or how to do it. strange as I moved my pixel phone upwards while resting on the dock all of a sudden it just appeared out of nowhere to activate all the extras. weird device for sure but works.

mrbogusbaxter

May 26, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Using with LG stylo 5 fast adapter and the chargingspeed is fast. between 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours total. Using with Usb C to Usb A cable 3 ft.

My only issue really was trying to get the extra software up and running. I couldn't figure out why or how to do it. strange as I moved my pixel phone upwards while resting on the dock all of a sudden it just appeared out of nowhere to activate all the extras. weird device for sure but works.

---- II personally didnt even know there was such software initially for as it only showed up about an hour later sitting on the charger. Please let us know how it all goes and if you have any trouble along the way.
Knowing they are knock offs, I am kind of curious to see what the long run holds. Thanks for the info.

mrbogusbaxter

May 26, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
---- II personally didnt even know there was such software initially for as it only showed up about an hour later sitting on the charger. Please let us know how it all goes and if you have any trouble along the way.
Knowing they are knock offs, I am kind of curious to see what the long run holds. Thanks for the info.

forgot to ask, can you share the specs of your LG charger for us ? All the info helps build the list of do's and donts. Thanks..

Jan 11, 2020
I am using the original lg fast adapter plug.
9.0v 1.8amps and 5.0v 1.8 amps. working well with stand.

Last edited:

wolfu11

Jan 26, 2013
Minneapolis
Smart Watches

Thanks I'll have to try that when I get mine

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cheap! $9.00 (20w) Generic Desktop Fast Charging Stand (Working w/NON OEM AC USB) including SAMSUNG Fast Wireless AC / USB

First let me say I have absolute ZERO affiliation to anything relating the sale of this product!
    I am just sharing the wealth here for as being still such an unclarity on proper working charging accessories. A small gamble I took on purchasing (2) of these cheapies on EBAY turned out to be quite
    a surprise.

Using with GP4XL (Unlocked)
    • Fast Wireless Charging (13.2w confirmed)
    • Charger immediately recognized on device (as PIXEL STAND) enabling additional GOOGLE ASSISTANT software
    • Working w/various GENERIC AC Adapters & USB cables (YAY!)
    including SAMSUNG FAST WIRELESS AC / USB + more
    • No issues of overheating or phone getting warm.

I am unsure if the specs are EPP charging (as a listed requirement of FAST CHARGING via Google) though it seems to be doing the job as if it was.

What I did find ODD is that these chargers DO NOT play nice using the GENUINE AC Adapter & USB C cable that shipped with the PIXEL 4. SLOW CHARGING AT MAX! Go Figure?
    I have tested various older USB cables and USB C adapters and all with no issues w/Fast Charging (though obviously keep in mind results do vary with stuff like this!)
    Regardless, for $9 bux, its worth checking out for anyone who is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20W-Wirele...var=671844964393&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

-
    They provided a free shipping label to send back?

Yes I started a return through eBay for defective unit they.provided free return shipping label. The day after I shipped it back my refund was already sent.
    i received the same one. i used the link in the OP
    i want to return mine too.

Just start an eBay return they will send you a return label for free shipping.