[UPDATE] Weird problem with sd-ext --> PROBLEM SOLVED!?!

Search This thread

itasoulas

Nov 3, 2011
Athens
www.youtube.com
Ok, I am on vo-1's CM7.2, this also happened with ICS2/Final.

SD-EXT worked great, I linked my data with link2sd and after installing some apps the partition is empy. Same thing happened when I used s2e in the past. I look at the sd-ext folder and there's nothing there. With link2sd when i try to create link for new installed apps it says that partition is read only. I checked permissions, everything was ok. Formating the sd-ext solved the problem but this is not a solution as all apps there can vanish at any time.

I checked that with 2 different sd cards, they are not the problem. I create the mount script with link2sd as ext3.

Can anyone help me on this one? I am tired of facing this again. Am I doing something wrong?

Something else when a card is partitioned through CWM 5, does this create a script for the card? Is link2sd causing a problem when it mounts the sd with ext3? HEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Last edited:

itasoulas

Nov 3, 2011
Athens
www.youtube.com
any experienced (yeah, as Hendrix) user can drop me a line? I don't beg for help mostly never but this time I could really use a hand! ;)

Last edited:

Fizztone

Oct 4, 2011
Same here ...I'm having problem with s2e and link2sd on ics final...link2sd worked fine for 3 or 4days then giving error like failure to create link ..n also s2e worked for one day after that everything vanished...really tired of wiping again n again....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

itasoulas

Nov 3, 2011
Athens
www.youtube.com
Same here ...I'm having problem with s2e and link2sd on ics final...link2sd worked fine for 3 or 4days then giving error like failure to create link ..n also s2e worked for one day after that everything vanished...really tired of wiping again n again....

a dev's help would be great here. Either the card is not formatted properly from within CWM, or this is CM7 issue or... I really don't know. It's things like this that make me tired and wanna go back to stock rom where simple things work.

Honestly, can someone provide with a solution cause as I read in other phones forums this thing with CM7 is also there!

Fizztone

Oct 4, 2011
I decided to partition sd with this http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm
Great tool but a bit tricky to use

So I succesfully created one fat32 primary partition and one EXT3 primary partition. Maybe I'll test it again with CM7.2 tonight and link2sd to see what happens.

I ll do opposite this tym ..I always make partition with minitool partition now m thinking of making it with cm5 for first time.may b it will work for me...or last option will be darktremor a2sd..

itasoulas

Nov 3, 2011
Athens
www.youtube.com
I ll do opposite this tym ..I always make partition with minitool partition now m thinking of making it with cm5 for first time.may b it will work for me...or last option will be darktremor a2sd..

I'm having the problem when partitioning through CWM so I don't think that will help you. Also Know that you said that you had partitioned with mini tool I don't think that easeus will also do it for me....

Still no response from a dev... too sad!

GerasVille

Nov 20, 2011
Cologne, Germany
You can backup your sd ext via Linux OS or just VMWare and a Ubuntu vm. Last time I have made a backup and formated the sd ext with mini tool and it start working again. But now I don´t want to format but find a new/better solution. Somewhere I´ve read the read only problem is caused by canceling the sd check and you have just to run it through...

itasoulas

Nov 3, 2011
Athens
www.youtube.com
[UPDATE]Weird problem with sd-ext --> PROBLEM SOLVED!?!

OK...PROBLEM SOLVED!!! (At least for me) So here's the story...

1. I used this http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm to partition sd. One primary fat32 and one ext3 1024MB partition. So I was sure sd was formated and partioned correctly (be ware, this program is a bit tricky but I am not gonna guide you through this - tricky at first but not difficult). Just make sure that the cluster size for fat32 should be 32KB and for EXT3 4KB. You should have something like this http://imageshack.us/f/810/65663741.jpg/ Partition sizes depend on your sd size and how much space you want to have on sd-ext. Just showing this to see what the outcome of the process must be.

2. Then placed the card on phone, started in recovery and then did a full wipe. As you know, when you wipe data/factory reset, sd-ext is also formated. I wasn't sure though what file system does CWM use to format sd-ext, that's why I did leave the sd on the phone.

3. So while in recovery, I pulled the card out, checked the card with Easeus and found that the sd-ext partition was not formated with a known file system, it said partition unkown!!!!!!! So I formated sd-ext with Easeus as an EXT3 again and put back in phone which was still in recovery. Then started to flashing things.

So far, everything is working great with link2sd (mounted sd-ext with ext3 when app first started - then reboot). I tested the hell out of it, created links for apps, then remove links, move apps to phone and opposite, lots of reboots and shutdowns to check if the sd-ext will stop working....After 180 apps phone works great, sd-ext is still there.

BOTTOM LINE
I think CWM has a problem when partitioning sd/formating sd-ext. Bottom line is when doing a full wipe, don't have the sd on the phone. Format and partition it with Easeus (or one of your choice) or delete files/folders you don't want with that. Remember, both FAT32 AND EXT3 should be PRIMARY!!!

Last edited:

makalolo

Oct 28, 2011
penang
Let say i already flash rom...then i wan to create partition on my sd...do i need to flash rom again after i complete partitioning my sd? Now im running cynoace what sd ext i need to create 3 or 4? Any one can help me?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Aj.GaLaxY aCE

Dec 23, 2011
Bengaluru

use CW 5 for partition... link2sd ..ext3 type partition...enable settings everythng working fine and super smooth here.....

CM 7.2 bycooper kang+ics sunday final+ allinonescript..... === super smooth ace....

CLICK THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

makalolo

Oct 28, 2011
penang
I alredy got prob with my link2sd....
Use to link 5 apps work ok and now keep showing link arror....
Uninstall and install back link2sd...but same prob here.....
What i need to do now?

Edit : mine already solve.....now my ext work fine already tested using link2sd .....now i already link almost 60 apps and work fine....

Last edited:

makalolo

Oct 28, 2011
penang
use CW 5 for partition... link2sd ..ext3 type partition...enable settings everythng working fine and super smooth here.....

CM 7.2 bycooper kang+ics sunday final+ allinonescript..... === super smooth ace....

CLICK THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

Dude just back up your sd and format back with EASEUS PARTITION MASTER...and shoud b ok..... if you format your ext via CWM your partition not b come primary....press thanks if i help you....i just do it on my sd...and now work without any prob....already tested reboot many time and link unlink.....now its ok...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[UPDATE]Weird problem with sd-ext --> PROBLEM SOLVED!?!

OK...PROBLEM SOLVED!!! (At least for me) So here's the story...

1. I used this http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm to partition sd. One primary fat32 and one ext3 1024MB partition. So I was sure sd was formated and partioned correctly (be ware, this program is a bit tricky but I am not gonna guide you through this - tricky at first but not difficult). Just make sure that the cluster size for fat32 should be 32KB and for EXT3 4KB. You should have something like this http://imageshack.us/f/810/65663741.jpg/ Partition sizes depend on your sd size and how much space you want to have on sd-ext. Just showing this to see what the outcome of the process must be.

2. Then placed the card on phone, started in recovery and then did a full wipe. As you know, when you wipe data/factory reset, sd-ext is also formated. I wasn't sure though what file system does CWM use to format sd-ext, that's why I did leave the sd on the phone.

3. So while in recovery, I pulled the card out, checked the card with Easeus and found that the sd-ext partition was not formated with a known file system, it said partition unkown!!!!!!! So I formated sd-ext with Easeus as an EXT3 again and put back in phone which was still in recovery. Then started to flashing things.

So far, everything is working great with link2sd (mounted sd-ext with ext3 when app first started - then reboot). I tested the hell out of it, created links for apps, then remove links, move apps to phone and opposite, lots of reboots and shutdowns to check if the sd-ext will stop working....After 180 apps phone works great, sd-ext is still there.

BOTTOM LINE
    I think CWM has a problem when partitioning sd/formating sd-ext. Bottom line is when doing a full wipe, don't have the sd on the phone. Format and partition it with Easeus (or one of your choice) or delete files/folders you don't want with that. Remember, both FAT32 AND EXT3 should be PRIMARY!!!
    Delete all partitions of your SD Card and Repartition it. It woks for me a 2 weeks ago with same problem.