Search This thread

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi
Does the pause in development mean that we are waiting for Insertcoin with Sense 4.0 ? I think your wife would enjoy it on her Sensation :)

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
Does the pause in development mean that we are waiting for Insertcoin with Sense 4.0 ? I think your wife would enjoy it on her Sensation :)

so i haven't updated the rom in 5 days and you assume already it's a pause ? unfortunately as much as i like making rom i still have a job and other duties to perform, less time for roms.

Regarding the Sense 4. At this moment we a have only one RUU which is BETA, is for tegra 3 and is 720p. Virtuous did a wonderful job with the port but in my book is far from being a daily driver.

Last edited:

takuhii

Dec 12, 2010

HA HAA Pause in development. This isn't a pause in development...

There is a Sense 4.0 ROM if you wish to try it. To be honest I couldn't care less what version of Sense was on a ROM, I always strip it out and use my own launcher anyway ;)

Baad, keep it up mate, I know exactly where you're coming from mate... I'm constantly trying to juggle "side projects" with life ;)

Hi Baad and the other not-so-Baadz,
For some inexplicable reason, my phone re-booted without any forewarning... twice. This first happened a couple of days ago when I had my GPS on, and was approaching my destination. I thought this was a one-off situation, but then this morning, it happened again, when I just unlocked my phone.

Is there something I may have done wrong? Mine runs IC 4.6.1 with the latest 3.30 firmware, and has the Sebastian 1.5 kernel.

Thanks,
-Me.

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
For some inexplicable reason, my phone re-booted without any forewarning... twice. This first happened a couple of days ago when I had my GPS on, and was approaching my destination. I thought this was a one-off situation, but then this morning, it happened again, when I just unlocked my phone.

Is there something I may have done wrong? Mine runs IC 4.6.1 with the latest 3.30 firmware, and has the Sebastian 1.5 kernel.

Thanks,
-Me.

please try with the normal kernel and report

Reactions: emperorsuresh

nbicho

Jan 23, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Thanks,
-Me.

Do you have the last version of Sebastian kernel, v1.11?
As it says on the changelog, it fixes a bootloop issue, maybe it fixes your problem...
Changelog:
v1.11
(...)
Bootloop issue fixed.
(...)

EDIT:

please try with the normal kernel and report

You can try that too :p

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Just flashed the firmware, i didn't know that i wouldn't be able to get back into the rom after flashing it, is there anyway to revert back to the normal one? I haven't backed up my numbers yet?

Sorry about this.

EDI: Just re flashed the firmware again as the battery was low and the first flash only did the first few files, just seeing if it boots into the rom. I'm hoping it does.

EDIT: No it didn't any ideas how to get back to the original firmware please?

Last edited:

takuhii

Dec 12, 2010

Thanks,
-Me.

Sebastian 1.5 isn't for this baseband (or android version) I think. Try 1.10 or 1.11 and you should be good to go ;)

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi
so i haven't updated the rom in 5 days and you assume already it's a pause ? unfortunately as much as i like making rom i still have a job and other duties to perform, less time for roms.

Regarding the Sense 4. At this moment we a have only one RUU which is BETA, is for tegra 3 and is 720p. Virtuous did a wonderful job with the port but in my book is far from being a daily driver.

I didn't mind anything insulting to you, sorry if it my question sounded so (and excuse me for my English I am not native speaker)... I wanted just to ask if you are developing on sense 4.0, because I always have your ROM, It is first time I am using Virtuous one. every time new ROM was announced you were following it and I was using yours, that's why I asked this question, under "Pause" I mean not following Virtuous... I always wanted to donate to you, but in my country Pay Pal is not available... again sorry if you feel abused by my question it wasn't my purpose...

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
I didn't mind anything insulting to you, sorry if it my question sounded so (and excuse me for my English I am not native speaker)... I wanted just to ask if you are developing on sense 4.0, because I always have your ROM, It is first time I am using Virtuous one. every time new ROM was announced you were following it and I was using yours, that's why I asked this question, under "Pause" I mean not following Virtuous... I always wanted to donate to you, but in my country Pay Pal is not available... again sorry if you feel abused by my question it wasn't my purpose...

Chill, man, chill. It's all good.:)

Sent throught the wormhole from my CoinInserted Sensation OG.

joncy92

Nov 24, 2009
London
I just tried installing 4.6.1 from 4.5.4.

I'm now stuck in a bootloop. I installed the 3.30 firmware, then installed the ROM. Got bootloop. Deleted the update from the SDcard. Bootloop. Re-installed firmware. Bootloop. Deleted firmware from SDcard. Bootloop. Tried going back to 3.24 firmware. Bootloop. Deleted update from SDcard. Bootloop....

I don't know what else I can do except go back to previous insertcoin, which I'm abuot to do. Any ideas?

num1wr82

Mar 12, 2009

I'm now stuck in a bootloop. I installed the 3.30 firmware, then installed the ROM. Got bootloop. Deleted the update from the SDcard. Bootloop. Re-installed firmware. Bootloop. Deleted firmware from SDcard. Bootloop. Tried going back to 3.24 firmware. Bootloop. Deleted update from SDcard. Bootloop....

I don't know what else I can do except go back to previous insertcoin, which I'm abuot to do. Any ideas?

Did you try to download the ROM again or tried any other ROMS? Still have a backup?

joncy92

Nov 24, 2009
London
Did you try to download the ROM again or tried any other ROMS? Still have a backup?

Right now I'm installing the 3.30 firmware again and then I'm going to install 4.6.0.

When I installed 4.6.1 I done a full wipe, which I will do again when I install 4.6.0. However if 4.6.0 installs properly and works properly, I'm going to set the phone up, then update to 4.6.1 without wiping and see if that works. Any other ideas?

Cheers.

deadnc34

Jan 14, 2011
Surabaya

had the same thing a few moment ago..
from 4.5.4 to 4.6.1 en got bootloop
3.24 bootloop
3.30 bootloop
tried redownload evrything from firmware to rom but still got bootloop
then flash 3.12 firmware, succeed

:D

stuart0001

Jan 9, 2011
Hampton
I prefer the previous APM with mute & vibrate toggle. Is it available as a seperate mod at all?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2myc5es.png

Before you start using this rom here are some things you need to know

1. Suggestions are always welcomed but I hate requests - you want something so bad do it your self or ask HTC. you paid them not me.

2. Don't ask for ETA is rude and offensive. When is done is done.

3. Custom Roms come without warranty. They are tested before release but something always can go bad. So if you broke your phone or you got fired because the alarm didn't rang - IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM!

4. Support is limited. Sometimes i can answer your questions sometimes i don't have the time, sometimes i don't have an answer so please do no repeat your question or get offended because I haven't answered you

5. Don't compare roms. Is rude and offensive for chefs. if other rom has what you need, use that rom.

6. You can use any parts of the ROM as you please. You can even kang the rom and make "your" ROM. I really don't care

By using the rom you agree with the above terms!

Latest firmware HERE

Today's offer is Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 with Sense 3.6 .

What you get:

- Base: 3.32.401.105 Final RUU
    - IceCreamSandwich 4.0.3
    - Deodexed
    - Init.d support
    - Rooted
    - Improved SQLIte
    - Improved GPU configuration
    - GPU Acceleration ON
    - Ad-free
    - APKs optimized to speed up and reduced memory footprint
    - Removed HTC Sniffing Tools
    - Tons of tweaks and optimizations
    - system mounted as RW with barrier=0 option

CHANGELOG

DOWNLOADS

DONORS - THANK YOU ALL
    Support

Aditional Resources

Users signatures made by VladNosferatu

Users signatures made by jerrytan93

User signatures made by CloudyX

InsertCoin ART

Why? as I mention earlier, when mummy and daddy fight, is the kids who suffer so i'll do my best not to make the kids suffer.

Fresh start. Thread rating is gone.. thread views the same
    yes. you are right, finish will be a better word.

Here is the explanation for my decision

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26035425&postcount=1101

and if makes anyone feel better, same thing happened to one x rom.. reason .. in the link above
    yes i forgot to add "check by default unknown sources" but keep in mind that

1. i did 4 roms over the weekend when i was visiting my grandparents, probably most of ppl would have thrown the laptop away and open it monday
    2. if im not mistaken IC is the ONLY rom that provides this addon, many things you take for granted in this rom, are made everytime there is a new base. lots of things happening behind the scenes so you can enjoy the final product.

but more and more people care less about this, i'm not saying all, but everyday new users come to xda, they don't read, they don't search, they only demand ! i'm getting a bit tired of all this.

When i started to make roms, the only goal was to make a rom the way i like it Period ! over the time i started to oblige users requests, offering mods, later optional in installs, and in the last period interactive install. but heh is never enough.

I'm starting to loose the passion for this, i know i can't please all, you may not like it, it's fine, it's not my goal to make anyone happy, but if you don't like don't take a dump on my work, don't use it, or make a nice suggestion it ENGLISH not engrish and not with a demanding attitude.

examples " i will switch rom coz of no auto-restore " lol wtf dude, is not like you flash this rom every hour. is not like you have to wipe on every update, and even so, you can't live without it, switch roms and move on.