YES, THIS IS THE FORUM FOR THE ROGERS + AT&T ONE X

Search This thread

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a
question

i think at&t version should have its own forum seeing that the bootloader isnt unlockable yet like the rogers is and the root method out on this forum is only rogers compatible. seems there may be allot of people flashing wrong things to wrong phones and such having (what looks so far) two phones in one forum that needs separate mods maybe more often than not? just a thought.

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
i think at&t version should have its own forum seeing that the bootloader isnt unlockable yet like the rogers is and the root method out on this forum is only rogers compatible. seems there may be allot of people flashing wrong things to wrong phones and such having (what looks so far) two phones in one forum that needs separate mods maybe more often than not? just a thought.

Once the AT & T bootloader is unlocked, everything is the same. There's no risk of flashing the wrong stuff because at & t users can't flash anything right now

And really there is no wrong stuff, everything in here is compatible with both devices.

melissapugs

Apr 18, 2011
Savannah
melissapugs.com
I am shopping for an unlocked HTC One X, most of which tout AT&T coverage. I want to use mine on Simple Mobile - gsm - so would that be the right device type? Didn't want to screw up and buy the wrong version :eek: If anyone has info confirming that it'll work on Simple Mobile I'd love to hear from you :) Thx

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
lol

So now the forum has been renamed to "AT&T, Rogers" which leaves out the Australian and Asian models.

Seriously guys, just name it "LTE" and call it a day.

fuzzifikation

Dec 17, 2009
Ya I read that today... ugh. The problem is they are calling it the XL, where as AT&T, Rogers and Telstra call it the X. Im currently in talks with the Admins as what to do next.

Thanks for bringing this up though.

Just an advice on the matter: The German version (as well as probable following models in Europe) have 32GB Flash, whereas the AT&T/Rogers only has 16GB. Not sure how this will affect ROMs, etc. Maybe there are other differences as well???

Unlocking in Germany will very likely be different than for AT&T (the German version might come unbranded and therefore rootable by HTCDEV?).

Here's what I propose:
1. Until we know how different the European (German) XL is, keep this Forum labelled as is.
2. Investigate differences between AT&T and German version, concerning Apps, Roms, etc.
3. IF: Once we know that the German XL (32GB) and the AT&T/Rogers (16GB) both can share the same ROMs, unify this forum and rename.
ELSE: If Roms/ Unlock / Root are different (or need to be) from Germanys XL to AT&T.. we need YET ANOTHER SUBFORUM, called International XL

Thanks.

Reactions: Jason541X

interfreak

Aug 16, 2010
Townsville
Ya I read that today... ugh. The problem is they are calling it the XL, where as AT&T, Rogers and Telstra call it the X. Im currently in talks with the Admins as what to do next.

Telstra sell the X (3G) and XL (4G LTE).

I really think there should be 3 forums:

HTC One X (International 3G)
HTC One X (AT&T 4G)
HTC One XL (International 4G)

juicejuice

Jul 15, 2007
Gold Coast
Another Aussie here, looking to get the HTC One XL on Tuesday, on Telstra.

I would vote for the forum name to be:

AT&T, Rogers HTC One X / HTC One XL

That way at least it is explicit that One XL is the same. If there is a 16GB and 32GB variant but everything else is the same (same CPU, same radios, same chips) then who cares right?

ferchorama

Jan 2, 2011
Colombia
So, just to make this clear:

AT&T = Dual Core Snapdragon
Rogers = Quad core nVidia Tegra 3 International version
Telstra = Australian versions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    every phone will have a quad or a dual core

not every phone will be able to use LTE. not all providers have LTE.

But only providers with LTE will provide the dual core version.

"Do you have the new LTE iPad?"

"Do you have the new iPad with the A5x?"

Which one do you think people will know?

Just an advice on the matter: The German version (as well as probable following models in Europe) have 32GB Flash, whereas the AT&T/Rogers only has 16GB. Not sure how this will affect ROMs, etc. Maybe there are other differences as well???

Unlocking in Germany will very likely be different than for AT&T (the German version might come unbranded and therefore rootable by HTCDEV?).

Here's what I propose:
    1. Until we know how different the European (German) XL is, keep this Forum labelled as is.
    2. Investigate differences between AT&T and German version, concerning Apps, Roms, etc.
    3. IF: Once we know that the German XL (32GB) and the AT&T/Rogers (16GB) both can share the same ROMs, unify this forum and rename.
    ELSE: If Roms/ Unlock / Root are different (or need to be) from Germanys XL to AT&T.. we need YET ANOTHER SUBFORUM, called International XL

Thanks.
    I think the majority of people will know this phone as a HTC One XL.
    In all regions except America it has been called One XL.

HTC One XL is only the S4 phones. There is no One XL anywhere which is not the phone this forum is about.

The name should be:
    "HTC One XL, AT&T + Rogers HTC One X"

XL is an XL, it is not confusing at all and is what most people in the world will call this phone.
    The only thing that is remotely confusing about the naming of this phone is that AT&T and Rogers call it the One X which elsewhere in the world is known as a different phone.

The primary international name is HTC One XL, that is what this forum should reflect.

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

It is still important to use the correct radio however as LTE carrier frequences vary..

The radio software released so far have all been compatible for all regions. The bands are controlled physically by the phone and in software in the roms. The radio software itself is proving to never cause issues with LTE from region to region.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

So, just to make this clear:

AT&T = Dual Core Snapdragon
    Rogers = Quad core nVidia Tegra 3 International version
    Telstra = Australian versions?

Wrong

HTC One XL in all regions is a Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait aka S4. Eg Australia(Telstra), Germany, Singapore, Russia, Hong Kong etc etc. Sold under HTC One X name in North America.
    Covered by this forum.

HTC One X in all regions except North America is a Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad core 1.5ghz aka T3.
    Not covered by this forum, it has its own.
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533
    Also goes by the unofficial common name of "international One X" to prevent confusing with North American phone.

AT&T + Rogers HTC One X is the same as the HTC One XL.
    Covered by this forum.

The One XL so far either comes as 16gb or 32gb internal storage. This depends on region. The storage difference so far has proved to cause no issues regarding the ROM the phone can run.