Unable to Flash any ROM

Search This thread
Mar 6, 2008
Hello all,

I haven't had this issue before, which is odd, because I have been using the same rooting techniques/rom/cwm/phone for a while, and former tech support employee. I simply can not install any rom. After it installs, it reboots and either stays on the samsung screen or sits on the samsung screen for a while and then goes back to cwm. I have tried reformatting my sd card. I have successfully used odin back to 2.1, upgrade to 2.2, root using one click (I have never tried to root on 2.3). Then upgrade cwm to 5.0.2.7 and the problem starts all over again. Any ideas? Please and thank you.

BillyBob3

Oct 23, 2011
Orlando
Hello all,

I haven't had this issue before, which is odd, because I have been using the same rooting techniques/rom/cwm/phone for a while, and former tech support employee. I simply can not install any rom. After it installs, it reboots and either stays on the samsung screen or sits on the samsung screen for a while and then goes back to cwm. I have tried reformatting my sd card. I have successfully used odin back to 2.1, upgrade to 2.2, root using one click (I have never tried to root on 2.3). Then upgrade cwm to 5.0.2.7 and the problem starts all over again. Any ideas? Please and thank you.
Have you tried using odin to load the pre rooted stock rom found here on the epic4g forum somewhere? From there, you can boot into CWM and install any rom you want. CWM will automatically be upgraded with the rom you install.

Formatting your sd wont do anything for you. I think the problem you are having is trying to install cwm using one click. One of the newer OTA releases over-writes this and puts back the stock sprint recovery.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Hello all,

Have you tried following this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2006687?

Mar 6, 2008
So I am still having a problem. Today I received my replacement device from Sprint. Exact same issue.

Originally the ROM was installed on my device, and I was getting some force close errors, so I ran "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and reinstalled the ROM. It just sits on the Samsung logo for a while and then boots back to CWM.

So here we are again.

I ODIN flashed to Android 2.1, OTA update to 2.2, OneClickRootCWM3.1.0.1-EC05.zip to root, install CWM v. 5.0.2.7, and wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and install the ROM and stuck on Samsung logo again. I am going to cry. I need my hotspot back and all my custom stuff.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Mar 6, 2008
Have you tried using odin to load the pre rooted stock rom found here on the epic4g forum somewhere? From there, you can boot into CWM and install any rom you want. CWM will automatically be upgraded with the rom you install.

Formatting your sd wont do anything for you. I think the problem you are having is trying to install cwm using one click. One of the newer OTA releases over-writes this and puts back the stock sprint recovery.

I know one click has an old (green) version of cwm but I update it via a zip file afterwords. I have tried to install the ROM before updating CWM as well.

I am starting to recall there were different version of Froyo e.g. DK28 and EC05 but I don't understand what my issue is because right now my device is sitting on CWM 5.0.2.7 and it actually goes through the installation procedure it just doesn't boot to it post installation.