[Q] Duplicate Folders in MX Player

Search This thread

JaikishanDamani

Sep 12, 2015
I am using a Lenovo K3 Note with Android Lollipop 5.0, a latest version of MX Player installed. I see duplicate folders in my list. I read many threads for the same and tried to fix that as explained, it just wont fix. I feel that this is due to the newer versions. So, any help from anyone in removing those duplicate folders from the list ? Thanks in anticipation.

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Not sure what prior threads toy are referring to, as you didn't link any, but this is what you need to do:
Settings > List > Folders
And remove all the duplicate paths.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
I am using a Lenovo K3 Note with Android Lollipop 5.0, a latest version of MX Player installed. I see duplicate folders in my list. I read many threads for the same and tried to fix that as explained, it just wont fix. I feel that this is due to the newer versions. So, any help from anyone in removing those duplicate folders from the list ? Thanks in anticipation.
Goto Settings >> List >> Folders
Press on the restore button to restore the defaults.

In most of the condition it should work fine.

If you still has duplicates, just refresh the video list
Goto Help >> Bug Report
Save the bug report & upload here

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

JaikishanDamani

Sep 12, 2015
Goto Settings >> List >> Folders
Press on the restore button to restore the defaults.

In most of the condition it should work fine.

If you still has duplicates, just refresh the video list
Goto Help >> Bug Report
Save the bug report & upload here

I appreciate your suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked. I have saved a bug report and its embarrassing that since i am a newbie here i don't really know how to upload the Zip file. Please tell me how do i do that. Thanks for bearing with me. :D

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I appreciate your suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked. I have saved a bug report and its embarrassing that since i am a newbie here i don't really know how to upload the Zip file. Please tell me how do i do that. Thanks for bearing with me. :D
Upload it anywhere else and post the link here.
If you are not allowed to post the links use masking like h**p://www.dropbox.com

JaikishanDamani

Sep 12, 2015
Not sure what prior threads toy are referring to, as you didn't link any, but this is what you need to do:
Settings > List > Folders
And remove all the duplicate paths.
I appreciate your concern towards this, but i have already removed the duplicate paths. Refreshed the list. Restarted MX Player. Still the duplicates won't go.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I appreciate your concern towards this, but i have already removed the duplicate paths. Refreshed the list. Restarted MX Player. Still the duplicates won't go.
Just collect the logs immediately after refreshing & share the link. Without proper logs I can't help you in this issue.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
please find the zip file on this link.
h**p://speedy.sh/eKkpY/report-2015-09-15-124951.zip
Your internal SDcard is mounted on two different locations.
1. /storage/emulated/0
2. /storage/sdcard0

In most devices /storage/sdcard0 is a symbolic link to the another one. Where as in your case it's directly mounted instead of linking.

According to the logs primary storage is /storage/sdcard0

So, goto Settings >> List >> Folders
Add /storage/emulated/0 if it doesn't exists
Hide it.

anil2705

Apr 13, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
Your internal SDcard is mounted on two different locations.
1. /storage/emulated/0
2. /storage/sdcard0

In most devices /storage/sdcard0 is a symbolic link to the another one. Where as in your case it's directly mounted instead of linking.

According to the logs primary storage is /storage/sdcard0

So, goto Settings >> List >> Folders
Add /storage/emulated/0 if it doesn't exists
Hide it.

Having similar issues, sd card having two locations. everything is duplicated... contacts, gallery, everything. Whats the fix to this?

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Having similar issues, sd card having two locations. everything is duplicated... contacts, gallery, everything. Whats the fix to this?

Which version of the mx player is using...?
MX is suppose to eliminate the linked locations.
Can you collect the bug report after refreshing the list & share here..?

vinsy911

Oct 5, 2017
Go to settings> files> folder then remove all things after add this new settings storage and sdcard0 this settings work with me