[ROM/BOUNTY] Rhodium Android Port [$1360/$3290] - Early builds in post #3 [02/08]

Search This thread

EGOvoruhk

Mar 1, 2007
Most of us curious about Android on our device have seen this thread. Clearly there is somewhat of a demand out there for a port. Be it for people who are sick of WinMo for some reason, or for people like me, who just want something to goof off with, at least 2,100 want to use it. Now it's time to put your money where you mouth is

I'm setting up this bounty thread to get developers interested. As it is right now we've got cr2, who seems to have been doing most of the work without a device, but mediadealer has stepped up and said he'll send his phone all the way to Germany to help with programming. We've also got riotburn, who says he has a friend who might be able to do it. If anyone else feels up to it, by all means, step up

For the end users, all I'm asking is you to tell us how much you'd pay to see it happen, and if you have any sort of stipulations. Stipulations like CDMA support, or being able to flash it to the device a la dzo's Flashable Linux and Andorid (Source here), or anything else you personally want to see

Personally, I'm offering up $25. It's not a lot, but times are tough, and I will gladly continue to donate if development continues. I don't have any stipulations. I'd love to see CDMA support, and a flashable ROM, but I'll take anything right now

Start sounding off!

Note: Please be sincere with your donations/offers. If you're interested in the project, and don't have the money, don't say you'll donate. You can still use whatever comes out of it free of charge. The donation is just that, a donation :)

If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, etc... feel free to post up. I'll edit the original post with anything good

Attention

For those requesting fully funtional builds: Might I suggest you offer a lower amount for any working build, and perhaps a higher second amount if they meet your requirements? If a port happens, it's probably not going to be a 2.1 flashable ROM with SenseUI right off the bat. It's going to be bare bones, and other people are going to work off of it and make their own builds. Take a look in the Vogue forum to see what I mean

Basically, you're not going to motivate anyone to do it. It's a hard goal to reach at first, and you're pledge basically becomes and empty offer. Save those types of offers/requests for once we get a port working

PS: If you have any issues with how your offer is listed, PM me

Last edited:

EGOvoruhk

Mar 1, 2007
Developers/Contributors List:
Updated: February 23, 2010​

Note: If you feel you, or anyone else should be added to the above list, let me know. I already have plans to update its current form, but might be overlooking somebody. Thanks

Bounty/Donation List:
Updated: December 29, 2009​

*Click on name for post, which lists stipulations

Note: When you donate, if you could please edit your original post with the PayPal transaction number, I would be much appreciated. It will make things so much easier to keep track of

Total offered: $1360 ($3290 if certain requirements met)

Last edited:

EGOvoruhk

Mar 1, 2007
Releases

For the best current build, you should check out babijoee's thread: [prj][android.eclair.2.0.1][update.feb.08]HW3D,WIFI,RAMZSWAP UPDATE

CDMA users, alternatively, might want to check out 95-civic's thread: [1/10/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev], but it does not see as many updates, nor is it touched by as many developers as the former

Port Status

For (hopefully) up to date info on what's working and what's not, check out the Android On HTC's Wiki

More Info

If you're looking for more up to date info, check these two threads:
Android Port to HTC Touch Pro 2
[21/12/09] Google Android For Topaz/TD2 [Work In Progress / Download in post 4]

Old Releases

12/24 2.0.1
12/21 2.0.1
12/20 1.6 | 12/20 2.0.1

Last edited:

l3it3r

Jul 31, 2007
Washington DC
$25 for a working port bootable via Haret which can use all functions of the phone (including charger).

$100 for a native Android ROM which can replace Windows Mobile all together!

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
No offence, and I applaud this, but what is a pledge worth? We should actually put the funds into some sort of escrow account.

EGOvoruhk

Mar 1, 2007

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
I am aware they are quite common, but this is something that would benefit now. Creating a bounty thread with no real commitment, just seems pointless to me. Put your money where your mouth is, and just do it. HTC Kaiser video driver anyone? That was at almost 10k last I remember.

EGOvoruhk

Mar 1, 2007
It may seem pointless to you, but not to me. I just provided you two links where similar bounty threads worked out. I see no benefit in creating a large pot, not even in your Kaiser driver comparison. I see no indication that drivers would have been finished if it was done any other way. People seem to still be struggling with creating video drivers

I'm fine with the way this thread is set up, and I will not be creating a large pot. I would prefer not to argue about it anymore. If you want to, fine. Maybe someone else can step in and voice there opinion, but I prefer to keep the subject closer to the matters at hand

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
Yeah I didn't intend to muck up the thread. Just figured I would comment. I am trying to find a service that caters to these types of things. That if it doesn't work out, can just automatically redistribute the money. So far, have yet to find anything.

And since we are all just pledging, put me down for $35.

jpoirier587

Nov 6, 2009
lol its called a bounty because you don't get paid until services are rendered. there's a good chance this will never happen so why would i give money away now? if this can be accomplished i would be more than happy to pay up.

$200 for native android
$50 for fully functional haret

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
lol its called a bounty because you don't get paid until services are rendered. there's a good chance this will never happen so why would i give money away now? if this can be accomplished i would be more than happy to pay up.

$200 for native android
$50 for fully functional haret
But the nature of a bounty is it is cocked and ready to fire, not waiting for **** to happen. You know, just like if you are a bounty hunter, you turn your catch in, and you get the bounty right away. ;)

jpoirier587

Nov 6, 2009
i have my checkbook and pen in hand, consider that cocked and ready to fire. want me to sign my post in blood or what? stop arguing... jesus :\

Last edited:

clauswl

Dec 7, 2008
Florida
Most of us curious about Android on our device have seen this thread. Clearly there is somewhat of a demand out there for a port. Be it for people who are sick of WinMo for some reason, or for people like me, who just want something to goof off with, at least 2,100 want to use it. Now it's time to put your money where you mouth is

I'm setting up this bounty thread to get developers interested. As it is right now we've got cr2, who seems to have been doing most of the work without a device, but mediadealer has stepped up and said he'll send his phone all the way to Germany to help with programming. We've also got riotburn, who says he has a friend who might be able to do it. If anyone else feels up to it, by all means, step up

For the end users, all I'm asking is you to tell us how much you'd pay to see it happen, and if you have any sort of stipulations. Stipulations like CDMA support, or being able to flash it to the device a la dzo's Flashable Linux and Andorid (Source here), or anything else you personally want to see

Personally, I'm offering up $25. It's not a lot, but times are tough, and I will gladly continue to donate if development continues. I don't have any stipulations. I'd love to see CDMA support, and a flashable ROM, but I'll take anything right now

Start sounding off!

Note: Please be sincere with your donations/offers. If you're interested in the project, and don't have the money, don't say you'll donate. You can still use whatever comes out of it free of charge. The donation is just that, a donation :)

PS If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, etc... feel free to post up. I'll edit the original post with anything good

Thi works well, and feels like android. Not sure if it runs android apps...
http://www.simosoftprojects.com/androkkid.php

Attachments

• Androkkid-100.cab
    1.9 MB · Views: 89

N1M1TZ

Dec 9, 2009
Martinez, CA
I don't make much but I will have to work harder just to get ANDROID on this phone. :eek:

I'll pledge $100 for a fully working ANDROID.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hy

Does anyone have pin code trouble ??
    At start, it ask me the pin code, but never accept it :confused:
    Is there any fix ??

Thxs :eek:
    I've got FRX07_Full_Bundle_20110715 on touch pro 2. I had the audio not working on both in/outgoing calls, then I've got the audio for outgoing calls working fine but not the incoming calls, unless I turn on the speaker, that's after I've set vibration to 'always' and disabled dial pad tone, now what .. any comment?

I would personally post in the thread where you got the build, i.e. FRX07 thread as you're going to get a quicker response there, rather than in a thread about donations 2+ years old. And if you already did post in the FRX07 thread, then be patient for a response.