[NEW][ALL][PORT][4.0+] PS4 Remote Play for Android

How would you like to be able to Install this Mod?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

martytarty

Jun 29, 2012

Ok got it working, well the first part, can't test until I get home from work but at least now the app appears to work.

Last time I attempted this I had xposed framework installed, since then I removed it, this time I used es file explorer for permissions etc.. and this time after reboot in system/app folder the app successfully installed after I prompted it to, I then came across that 803 error (or whatever it is) when launching remote play, so I went into supersu and uninstalled within the app, then the 803 error didn't come up.

Now I'm assuming after each reboot I'd need to go back to system/app and install remoteplay.apk for it to work, I read somewhere there is a workaround so you don't have to do this.

Now I just need to test when I get home which I'm sure involves more steps.

When you say create a secondary account on ps4, do you just mean I can use another account on my ps4

I have my main UK one but I also have American ps account and Indonesian account, can I just sign in with one of them? Then switch back to my main one after remote play has connected? or is it best to set up another basic uk one

Last edited:

paulrgod

Sep 17, 2008
Sheffield
Ok got it working, well the first part, can't test until I get home from work but at least now the app appears to work.

Last time I attempted this I had xposed framework installed, since then I removed it, this time I used es file explorer for permissions etc.. and this time after reboot in system/app folder the app successfully installed after I prompted it to, I then came across that 803 error (or whatever it is) when launching remote play, so I went into supersu and uninstalled within the app, then the 803 error didn't come up.

Now I'm assuming after each reboot I'd need to go back to system/app and install remoteplay.apk for it to work, I read somewhere there is a workaround so you don't have to do this.

Now I just need to test when I get home which I'm sure involves more steps.

When you say create a secondary account on ps4, do you just mean I can use another account on my ps4

I have my main UK one but I also have American ps account and Indonesian account, can I just sign in with one of them? Then switch back to my main one after remote play has connected? or is it best to set up another basic uk one

Sounds like you're finally there! The connection to the PS4 is quite easy. You can use any account on your PS4 but you have to sign into the Playstation app using the same account.

The Signing into a second account is a workaround for getting the Dual Shock 4 working for Local play until the DS4's sync properly. Either that or the Dire touch screen controls!

rafaownz

Nov 5, 2014
I know you guys said can't pair the DS4 with the remote play, but can you atleast click on "register"? Here the remote play is working but when I click in "register" DS4 nothing happens, so I'm wondering if it's the same with everyone or if the actual problem is after clicking register.

lnkn52

Jul 6, 2010
This is what I see when I tap register.
fb7621fc862e455ba37520ef10d0d24f.jpg

Reactions: rafaownz

martytarty

Jun 29, 2012
Just think in a couple of weeks time we could be playing gta 5 with 1st person view on our android smartphones/tablets, well I'd only need remote play if wife wants the TV or doesn't want the kids to see gta5.

Think I better root my lg gpad 8.3 now, see if I can get it working on that

Oct 25, 2009
Just think in a couple of weeks time we could be playing gta 5 with 1st person view on our android smartphones/tablets, well I'd only need remote play if wife wants the TV or doesn't want the kids to see gta5.

Think I better root my lg gpad 8.3 now, see if I can get it working on that

It does work. At least for the google play edition of the glad. Good lick!

paulrgod

Sep 17, 2008
Sheffield

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you Paul,

Do I need to install it or move to system/app? I tried both but didn't work, if I try to install it it says "app didn't install" and if I just move to system/app and change permissions to 644 also doesn't work.

Thank you in advance!

Rafa

Move to system/app and set permissions then reboot. I didn't add it in OP since DS4 doesn't work(But it is included in the flashable zip). I'll add it to it later.

yodasmaster

Aug 8, 2012
I followed the OP installation instruction and used the work around in post #2, thank you guys, now I can still play ps4 while the family have the TV.
Follow the instructions (get rootcloak) and the PORT will work fine.

Thanks to all the devs for putting their time and effort into porting these apps for us.

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
You guys are doing amazing work!

Going to start fresh on this as soon as I get the chance but I want to throw out a huge thank you to the devs that are making this possible

martytarty

Jun 29, 2012
You guys are doing amazing work!

Going to start fresh on this as soon as I get the chance but I want to throw out a huge thank you to the devs that are making this possible

Yes I second this, amazing work you guys put in for the benefit of others, wish I had your brains and knowledge, great stuff :good:

stetsonaw

May 23, 2011
United States
www.twitter.com
com.playstation.remoteplay-1.apk
To
Remoteplay.apk
data@app@com.playstation.remoteplay-1.apk@classes.dex
To
data@app@com.playstation.remoteplay.apk@classes.dex

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Im not a dev but I have z3 system dump and i have extracted some bluetooth files a wirless connection file and there perspective permission files and a lib as well as a an xml file in permissions titled com.sonymobile.ds4 I manually pushed to perspective folders from system dump reboot, reinstall remote play then attempt install with the dualshock manager and other apks I just added none install successfully but in remote play when I try to pair it pairs and connects to the phone but remote play keeps trying for a few min then says unsuccessful. So im thinking I might just be missing some data files or maybe some lib I missed in the files since it like half connects.

Galaxy s3 stock 4.4 just in case
We did the same, digging deeper into framework files and seeing what other dragons are hiding in there.
Edit for FancyJesse
For error 800, try to uninstall SuperSU (SuperSU Settings > clean-up for a reinstall with google play) and reboot.

(Sorry for my English)
I tried too, but no success : no pairing after few min. I tried a lot of file in the Z3 dump but no success.
I'm thinking about SEMC. of Sony. But I don't know how I can import them in my Rom without crash...

It's why I asked in the old topic :
Someone can say me if his DS4 pairing with Android with another manufacturer that Sony ?
It would be great for me to know that.

Can you add this in the first post ?
And stetsonaw asked help too in the old topic, can you add this in the first post too ?
We have the Z2 image now.
Read Step 10 in Manual Method.

Added/deleted a few things for the manual install. Worked for me on two devices (Verizon G3 stock 4.4.2 and Carbon Nexus 7 4.4.4)

1.Download all files needed from Here.

2.Go ahead and Force Stop the PlayStation App, as well as uninstall it(This is, of course, only if you have it installed before this.)

3. DELETED

4.Move/Copy data@app@com.playstation.remoteplay-1.apk@classes.dex to the '/Data/Dalvik-Cache ' Directory. Same as above you need to change permissions to RW-R-R.

5.Move/copy com.playstation.remoteplayident.xml and com.playstation.playstationcertified.xml to the '/System/etc/permissions/ ' Directory. Once again, change the permissions to... RW-R-R.

6.Okay, now for the important files, .jar's, if you know java lol. File one, File Two

7.Move/Copy com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar and com.playstation.remoteplayident.jar to the '/System/Framework/ ' Directory. After they have been successfully copied them, change the permissions to RW-R-R.

8.Now, Reboot!

8.5. Now that you've rebooted and the dependancies are there for the Remote Play app, just tap it to install, no need to place it in /system/app or /system/priv-app. Without the dependancies above, the install will fail.

9.Go to Play Store download PlayStation App.

10.Copy DualshockManager.apk and DualshockManager.odex (if needed) in /system/priv-app/, set permissions (yes, i know this doesn't work yet)

11.Go back into PS App, and under the 'Connect to PS4' you should now see a Remote Play button to the right.

12.Clicking it should open the Remote Play app, if you get the Error 8800.... whatever, use RootCloack(Xposed Framework Required).

13.If you still get the error 8800..., uninstall Superuser.apk or SuperSU utilizing the Reinstall option. THIS WILL NOT UNROOT YOUR DEVICE, just takes away root approval for apps.

martytarty

Jun 29, 2012
Hoping I'm ready to go now,

With Titanium Backup I've Managed to convert remoteplay apk into user app, then backed up & uninstalled, then re-installed, still working.

I've now pushed dualshock manager apk into system/app and set permissions to rw/r/r and rebooted.

Hoping I have no issues with dualshock manager, is there a way without being near my dualshock 4 of telling if my dualshock manager will work, or an easy to tell it wont work.

Thanks again in advance

stetsonaw

May 23, 2011
United States
www.twitter.com
Hoping I'm ready to go now,

With Titanium Backup I've Managed to convert remoteplay apk into user app, then backed up & uninstalled, then re-installed, still working.

I've now pushed dualshock manager apk into system/app and set permissions to rw/r/r and rebooted.

Hoping I have no issues with dualshock manager, is there a way without being near my dualshock 4 of telling if my dualshock manager will work, or an easy to tell it wont work.

Thanks again in advance

The app will open, attempt to pair, will [likely] successfully pair with Android, but not the app. That issue is still being worked.

Reactions: martytarty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit : Thread closed.
    Xperia Devices

All Xperia Phones with android 4.0+ should be able to use Version 0.9.1

Downloads are available in Post #1
    Compatibility List

If you Got it Working on your Device please Post:
    • Device Name
    • Model Number
    • Android Version (4.4.2 4.4.4 5.0 and AOSP CyanogenMod Stock ect.)

Also if you can, please make a Thread Under: "Your Device" > "Your Device" Themes and Apps, linking back to this Thread

Compatibility List:

Google-------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nexus 4 (E960)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
    • Nexus 5 LG (D820)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP/Catacylsm
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 7 2012 (ME370T)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
    • Nexus 7 2013 Asus (K008)
      • 4.4.3 AOSP
      • 4.4.4 AOSP/Carbon
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 9
      • 5.0.0 AOSP
      • 5.0.1 AOSP
    • Nexus 10
      • Paranoid Android
      • 5.0.0 AOSP

HTC-----------------------------------------------------------------
    • One M7 (PN072)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • One M8 (O6BP)
      • 4.4.4 GPE Converted
      • 5.0.0 GPE Converted
    • One M8 (6525LVW)
      • 5.0.0 Vanillipop

LG-------------------------------------------------------------------
    • G Flex
    • G2 (D802)
      • 4.4.2 Cloudy G3
    • G3 (F400K)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • G3 (VS985)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • G3 (D855)
      • Stock
    • G3 (D851)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • GPad 8.3 (V510)
      • 4.4.4 AOSP
    • LG Optimus F6 (MS500)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

Motorola-----------------------------------------------------------
    • Moto X 2013
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

Nvidia---------------------------------------------------------------
    • Tegra Note 7 ()
      • 4.4.2 Stock

OnePlus-----------------------------------------------------------
    • One
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod S

Samsung----------------------------------------------------------
    • Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-I317M)
      • 4.4.4 InspireOS
    • Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
      • 4.4.2 Phantom
    • Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T/V)
      • 4.4.2 ViSiON-X/Alliance
    • Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)
      • 4.4.2 multiXrom
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy Note 4 (N910W8)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy Mega 6.3 (I9205)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy S2
      • Ciano 11
    • Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747)
      • 4.4 Stock
    • Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-i8190)
      • 4.4.4 Carbon
    • Galaxy S4 (i337M)
      • 4.4.4 Echoe/Mahdi
    • Galaxy S4 Active (GT-i9295)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
      • 4.4.4 MOAR
    • Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ()
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE (T-705)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    • Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod/Nameless/OmniRom
    • Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3110)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100)
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod
    • Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210)
      • 4.4.2 NoleKat
    • Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210)
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    • Mega 6.3 (SGH-M819N)
      • 4.4.4 Liquid Smooth

Sony----------------------------------------------------------------
    • Xperia M (C1905)
      • 4.4.4 AOKP/AOSP/CyanogenMod/Miui
    • Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Xperia Z
      • 4.4.4 Existenz
    • Xperia Z Ultra
      • 4.4.4 Stock
    • Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
      • 4.4.4 Stock
      • 4.4.4 CyanogenMod

ZTE------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nubia Z7 Mini
      • 4.4.2 Stock
    RemotePlayPortV1.1.0 Now Available!

Most button mapping issues should now be fixed.
    I believe I have managed to remove all of the security checks now but I'd like a few people to test before doing a proper release. Unless you know what you're doing please don't use this, I don't want any useless 'unable to install' responses. There is a small caveat to this release in that google maps needs to be installed, I won't explain here in full but essentially this is due to a temp hack to remove original dependencies so don't bother trying on a TV that doesn't have maps as it won't work.

In summary:
    Requirements
    - Android 4.4+
    - Google maps

Features
    - Removed root check and xperia dependencies

Download here