So...AT&T is going to buy T-Mobile USA

Search This thread

jamesfrom818

Apr 18, 2009
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110320005040/en/ATT-Acquire-T-Mobile-USA-Deutsche-Telekom

DALLAS & BONN, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) and Deutsche Telekom AG (FWB: DTE) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which AT&T will acquire T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom in a cash-and-stock transaction currently valued at approximately $39 billion. The agreement has been approved by the Boards of Directors of both companies.

Prepare to have crappy service.

ohshootrawr

Dec 28, 2010
Ewa Beach
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES!

We're in league with those iphoners xP

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Orite

Sep 15, 2010
As long as they don't rape my plan, I can live with it. Just means more people I can call on the same network.

the orange bandit

Apr 6, 2010
Texas
www.rickycadden.com
Man. I was on Cingular since it was SouthwesternBellWireless, and refused to deal with the snobs at AT&T. Then (sorta-kinda) I ended up on AT&T anyways, just dumped them for T-Mobile in November, and now I'm going to end up BACK on AT&T. I just can't freakin get away from them.

I got a G2 that says Verizon buys either Sprint or MetroPCS before the end of the year.

Skiiz

Feb 11, 2009
If it passes regulatory approval I'm jumping ship, the only option left for affordable plans with unlimited data is Sprint... I wish I'd waited to see the dual core phones so I could upgrade and jump ship at the same time.

Prepare for crappy phone AND customer service.

a2002cmacg

Oct 16, 2009
Birmingham
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I know it's soon but so many questions! What happens to our 3G/4G bands and phones?!? My grandfathered T-Zones plans from like 7 years ago?! The beloved customer service?!

AT&T will have a GSM monopoly. What a nightmare.:mad:

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
who here wants to cry with me... im really hating this right now.. cant believe this actually happing

darkrift2012

Feb 8, 2009
Motorola One Action
Typical...

I left Sprint for my business account in February after 9 years and moved on to one of my family T-Mobile accounts dating back to the Voicestream days, SPECIFICALLY because I don't want the AT&T or Verizon headaches.

Being responsible for various company's telecom, data and mobile services, I've dealt with every single one of the carriers over the past 16 years, and can say without hesitation that T-Mobile has the BEST customer service. AT&T is the absolute worst, with the possible exception of Orange or Vodafone-AG.

I had dared to dream that T-Mobile and Sprint would reach an agreement, reach critical mass and survive as a viable alternative to the AT&T-Verizon hegemony.

IMHO, it is unrealistic to expect Congress to review this merger in an unbiased manner. AT&T and T-Mobile have a legion of lobbyists already "explaining" the value & importance of this transaction to our elected officials; as money flows into re-election campaign funds, elaborate "fact finding missions" and junkets to European destinations are planned & payed for; college scholarships are awarded to family members through obscure networks of shell organizations...

Then again, maybe our elected officials will surprise me... we're still going to get that hopey-changey thing someone was selling in 2008, right?

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Seriously, F AT&T, they are going to ruin everything that is good about T-mobile.

Say bye-bye to phones like the G2 when AT&T is around, they're notoriously terrible about progressing stock android devices, and have always stopped the side-loading of non-market apps on every Android phone they have.

As long as they don't get rid of non contract Even More+ plans and keep my plan cheap, I don't really care, but I can only imagine prices and everything are going up. Not to mention that we're gonna more than likely lose unlimited data, and lose free tethering.

T-mobile has been fantastic to me and its a great deal, but I just have a bad feeling nothing is getting better with this except coverage. Id rather have poor coverage than everything else that AT&T is going to do to wreck a great carrier.

Reactions: caplanjr

KCRic

Aug 4, 2010
Overland Park
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I'm not with AT&T for a damn reason - they suck!!! I could go all day listing every reason why they suck but it's too nice outside. This just messed up my whole damn day. Really, will this even pass the check points? I mean they will have a monopoly for the most part on ALL gsm service in the CONUS.

It's almost April... maybe this is just an early joke, a very sick one at that and not even funny.

I hate Motorola's implemintation of Android and since those are the only decent Android phones Verizon carries - Sprint, here I come. I live in their home city anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Learn basic economic principals

People complain about AT&T, but they must be doing something right. If they were so bad, they wouldn't have enough money to do what they are doing now.

That's just it though. If their mobile service fails, they always have their landline and service provider business to fall back on (both of which suck ass from experience on both fronts), and I can guarantee you that if those 2 intra-enterprise entities are either footing the bill for the purchase of T-mobile, or are footing the bill for network upgrades.

AT&T currently only succeeds as a mobile company CURRENTLY due to a few factors:

1. iphone exclusivity for several years. People saw the iphone as a superior product a few years ago because it was the first of its kind. It is still popular today because it is living off of it's former fame, and any ****ing moron that can't tie their shoe can use it. Like all apple devices, people love it because they don't have to put forth any effort in understanding how the product works. Because us Americans are lazy ****s that expect that idiot in the white house to pay our mortgage and car payments. But I digress......

2. There are only 2 GSM carriers with decent phone selection (about to be 1). Since GSM is a more versatile technology than CDMA, this gives an advantage to GSM carriers.

3. AT&T wireless is a division of a gigantic corporation. And 2 of the other divisions run monopolies on both the landline, and Service provider fields in America. Open a bank in a rural town in America, and order a T1, or a voice T1 if you need proof.

4. They swallowed Cingular, and it's customer base.

Choice for consumers is what forces a company to act right. Let's say McDonald's started making hamburgers out of **** (literally, out of feces), and for the sake of argument, the USDA didn't have a law against that. You don't like to eat **** (although you've tasted MRE's so you've gotten close), so you decide to stay your ass on base and eat Burger King. 1 year down the line, you get promoted, and start getting separate ration payments, so you can eat Burger King for all 3 meals if you want (and fail your PT test), and then POOF!, McDonald's buys Burger King, because hey, they have all that money they made from a time when America was still America, and we still had values and ****. Then McDonald's also buys Wendy's, Rally's, Hardees, Carl's Jr., KFC, Taco Bell, and Chik-fil-a, and every other fast food brand out there. And then they force them to make their burgers, chicken, biscuits, tacos, and season fries out of ****.

Where does that leave you as a consumer? Well, either you have no place to go for a quick meal, or you suck it up and eat your **** and be happy with it.

That's why we all have a problem. Understand now? Black mother-effing lions?(sorry, getting back into my ft. jackson days)
    Speak up and voice your opinion!

Checkout http://www.geekosystem.com/att-tmobile-how-to-complain/ or just do the following by voicing in your opinion to stopping the merger (I did, now it's your turn...) :

"According to GigaOM, the FCC has not yet opened a docket on the proposed acquisition; however, any comments on the subject addressed to fccinfo@fcc.gov “will be held until the docket is opened and then added to the record.” The FCC can also be reached by phone at 1-888-CALL-FCC or 1-202-418-1000.

The Department of Justice: The DoJ can be reached at AskDOJ@usdoj.gov, and they provide a guide to filing a complaint on their site. They can be reached by phone at 1-202-307-2040."

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Maybe even petition all the major market cable companies to sponsor a collaborative purchase of T-Mobile. Local content based on your provider. Integration with existing services. 4G speed the same as your home network. Give me 30 MB down to my mobile. Stream HD live to your network. The cable companies should be drooling over the opportunity to do this.
    Awesome! T-Mobile service BLOWS if you're not near a major city... this is very beneficial for me.
    Seriously, F AT&T, they are going to ruin everything that is good about T-mobile.

Say bye-bye to phones like the G2 when AT&T is around, they're notoriously terrible about progressing stock android devices, and have always stopped the side-loading of non-market apps on every Android phone they have.

As long as they don't get rid of non contract Even More+ plans and keep my plan cheap, I don't really care, but I can only imagine prices and everything are going up. Not to mention that we're gonna more than likely lose unlimited data, and lose free tethering.

T-mobile has been fantastic to me and its a great deal, but I just have a bad feeling nothing is getting better with this except coverage. Id rather have poor coverage than everything else that AT&T is going to do to wreck a great carrier.