[Q] which ROM are you using

Search This thread

tewei

Dec 11, 2011
Hsinchu
If you don't mind some minor bugs, Sandvold's ICS beta 0.6.0 will be a cool choice. :eek:

Oxygen is the lightest ROM in GB, very fast and smooth.

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
If you don't mind some minor bugs, Sandvold's ICS beta 0.6.0 will be a cool choice. :eek:

Oxygen is the lightest ROM in GB, very fast and smooth.

I, instead my friend, can't use buggy ROMs due to professional/at work use. Stability first of all !!!
This is one reason that i exclude every ICS ROMs. For the moment .....

sent from my NS

belle-etoile

Nov 4, 2010
London
A good place to start for trying out ROMs is here It helped me out :)

I am new to posting on XDA so at risk of being shot down in flames but I will tentatively put it out there that I used Oxygen for quite a while and am now on Cyanogenmod – just thought I’d mention these because stability is important to me and although I may not be living on the edge with the most exciting new nightly builds of ICS ROMS (probably because I have my ICS fix with my tablet) my phone is stable and speedy.

I don’t expect many people to take any notice of a "newbie" but for what it’s worth my experience has been good with both those I mentioned – then again, as eddiehk6 said, they may be disastrous for you – you just need to try some out, but perhaps these will be a good starting point? :)

Edit: NB there aren't Sense based but you only said "possibly" with Sense ;)

Last edited:

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
thanks again for the replies

desire index link is already in my bookmark, for future use.... before i want to make clear ideas on ROMs available

Mjoed

Jun 14, 2010
I'm with AdamG since the OpenDesire dates, and those were already rock solid. Nothing beats the newest Oxygen for me - never had -any- problem with it.

for everyday use i would stay away from ICS roms - its pretty cool, nice design and is simply awesome, and i LOVE sandvold for doing what he can to get it running - but i cant think of one reason i would really need ICS on my desire, and as of today its simply not nearly as smooth and stable as oxygen (or any other GB rom, i guess).

Reactions: erklat

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
@ igzorn: thanks but every ICS ROMs aren't enough stable or missing feature

@ Mjoed: thanks, i add oxygen to the test list

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
I'm going to try mildwild but oxygen based version, because should be more stable than CM based ... due to more stock version. Right???

sent from my NS

xXKingFlowXx

Apr 24, 2012
I also have used oxygen version and think not that it is more stable than cm... if you like to try both.
i think they are both greate but i like cm more :)

dont know if oxygen due more to stock ^^

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

SANCAH

Mar 6, 2012
Saffron Walden
I've seen many negative comments about some bugs like GPS and stability.....

sent from my NS

Worked really nice for me, I've only just recently changed to BCM RC3.3u1, but keep my CM as a backup always updated.:) With regards to GPS - I've been using AGPS fix, which works great, even though I personally did not have any problems with any satnav I used.

Last edited:

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
mild wild oxygen based

Smooth but with some bugs. Despite their is my ROM

sent from my NS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'm not new to XDA (i'm nexus s user), but i'm new to desire section

Lucky them to have you.

[Q] best sense brain

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    This really is becoming ridiculous.

[Q] Where do I find google?
    I don't understand all these insults .... this is the Questions section not Development.....

sent from my NS
    I don't understand all these insults .... this is the Questions section not Development.....

sent from my NS

The reason you are getting all these insults is because you say that you are not new to xda yet you act like you are. It's not that you posted on the wrong section, it's because you asked a very common question that could have been answered by you doing a search query.
    Or you could just say in one sentence which you think is the best sense rom. Jeezzz i dont understand why you take the effort to complain but cant answer a simple question.

In my opinion, cooldroid v3 is the best sense rom for the htc desire. Its a sens 2.1 based rom, which makes it very fast