MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!

Last edited:

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Re: MX Player Custom Codec With DTS Support [v1.7.12]

don´t work with galaxy nexus neon codec for mx player 1.7.12

What do you meant?
Can you explain the problem you are facing....

Does not play dts audio or any video?

Have you changed the rendering to HW+ or SW not HW...?
In the latest build of MX Player there is no option in preference to enable SW audio with hw playback.
You have to enable SW audio via audio track button if you are using HW rendering instead of HW+ or SW.
I have personally tested neon build and it is working perfectly.
Even my old build also working with the current version.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

funtek

Mar 26, 2008
When I go to the Decoder section, click on the directory with the files, then MX Player restarts... I'm getting a popup. This is with MX Player 1.7.12 on a Nexus 4 (4.2.2 stock rooted):

Popup says...

MX Player:
Unsupported device or component file corrupted. Please uninstall the application completely then reinstall it if the problem persists.
OK

When I hit the OK button, MX Player closes and when I reopen MX Player, the codec files aren't selected anymore in the Decoder section. I've uninstalled and reinstalled MX Player a few times, also tried just Force Stop ing it, and clearing its cache, but the same thing happens. This was all working perfectly on 1.7.11, so I suspect it's something with the new version of MX Player, but I don't know how to tell what it is.

Last edited:

war1

Mar 17, 2011
When I go to the Decoder section, click on the directory with the files, then MX Player restarts... I'm getting a popup. This is with MX Player 1.7.12 on a Nexus 4 (4.2.2 stock rooted):

Popup says...

MX Player:
Unsupported device or component file corrupted. Please uninstall the application completely then reinstall it if the problem persists.
OK

When I hit the OK button, MX Player closes and when I reopen MX Player, the codec files aren't selected anymore in the Decoder section. I've uninstalled and reinstalled MX Player a few times, also tried just Force Stop ing it, and clearing its cache, but the same thing happens. This was all working perfectly on 1.7.11, so I suspect it's something with the new version of MX Player, but I don't know how to tell what it is.

yes don't work with my nexus with the same error.

Reactions: taterbugg13

CRimsonEagle

Feb 26, 2013
Same problem

Having the same issue as funtek on my Neuxs 10 with version 1.7.12 of Mxplayer with this codec, both neon and not, tried them both. Same error message.

CRimsonEagle

Feb 26, 2013
Your new link that you have posted when you recompiled the codec must have done it. That download is working for me on mxplayer 1.7.12 with no error message or corrupt codec message on the nexus 10. Weird... but very happy, many thanks brother! Must have just been corrupt.

tulek

Mar 10, 2012
Northern Town
AW: MX Player Custom Codec With DTS Support [v1.7.12]

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Codec in op wouldn't work.

The recompiled Codec works.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

tulek

Mar 10, 2012
Northern Town
AW: MX Player Custom Codec With DTS Support [v1.7.12]

The exact same message as in funtek's post.

I've noticed that the files in the alternative zip are only half the size as the files in op, perhaps the zip was messed up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Gix

Aug 13, 2007
Hi, Neon Codec on Galaxy Nexus: MX Player Pro crash after set the custom codec and restart application. Next time launched MX Player, the default codec is used.
Also tested tegra2 codec on Galaxy Tab 10.1 - this one is working fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.