EXO Skin review (with pictures)

Search This thread

Theaccomplice88

Dec 27, 2008
I love skins for my devices. It gives them a custom look while preventing scratches. That is why I jumped at the chance to receive a free EXO skin of my choice. They have quite a variety to choose from on their site. For me, it always comes down the the wood designs, this time I chose the wood grain bubinga. The skin itself also has a slight texture with the wood grain that is a wonderful added touch that makes it feel more true to life. I love dark wood looks, as I currently have a skinomi wood grain skin on my Asus Transformer Prime tablet and keyboard dock.

This is the first skin that I have ever applied with a hot air dryer, and it certainly helps form the skin to the back cover. However, the skin isn't perfect in it's coverage of the back. I lined up the camera, flash, and speaker holes perfectly. What was left was slightly off for the outer edge of the skin. The right side was too close to the edge, while there was still some white showing on the left side. It's not too bad since its barely a millimeter off, but it is definitely something that I noticed.

The rest of the skin went on smoothly, but I was surprised to notice that mine did not come with the home button piece. I most likely wouldn't have kept the piece on anyway depending on if it caused issues with the fingerprint scanner since I use it daily. The sides have stayed in place pretty well over the past few days without any movement or peeling of the edges. Another thing that is slightly off is the top edge of the screen cover. I have the speaker, camera, and sensors aligned properly, but the notification LED cutout is a little lower than where the light is.

The skin itself isn't too thick, but it does make swiping the fingerprint sensor a tiny bit more difficult. I was even able to put a case back on over the skin, albeit with a little difficulty. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the skin, and look forward to more skin choices from EXO skins in the future. Here's hoping this review fixes the slight errors on the back, as well as possibly introducing more wood grain choices.

20140510_123847_zpsea442e7e.jpg

20140510_123921_zps85fcf4f2.jpg

20140513_223439_RichtoneHDR_zps0a30cc89.jpg

20140510_123752_zpsfa1bbfc9.jpg

20140510_123832_zps7a46e45b.jpg

20140510_123842_zpsae6b3922.jpg

Reactions: pmoradi2002

Slow N Stupid

Dec 10, 2011
I really wonder how it would look like when you use skin with wireless charger backcover... (it's a bit thicker than normal backcover) anyway thanks for the review, looking to buy one of these also... Any recommendations for the brand? (currently what I found is exo skin and slickwraps)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kingoanklebreakn

Nov 26, 2008
I really wonder how it would look like when you use skin with wireless charger backcover... (it's a bit thicker than normal backcover) anyway thanks for the review, looking to buy one of these also... Any recommendations for the brand? (currently what I found is exo skin and slickwraps)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's what I would like to know since I wouldn't be able to get a case that works with the wireless back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Airax

Feb 7, 2005
I had one similar (Skinomi) and it doesn't quite fit the wireless back.
The sides are fine but it has trouble covering the corners, they "scrunch" so it's not an even/smooth fit. If you cut slits you maybe able to get it to fit.

I should add that because the sides are ridged and not smooth the side stickers have trouble staying in place if rubbed too much. Particularly around the top/bottom.
-Airax

Slow N Stupid

Dec 10, 2011
thanks for the info... i guess i wont be buying it... gosh i hate how wireless charging backcover doesnt have any case >.>

hamlettime

Apr 1, 2014
Wow I would probably not have the patience to apply it so gingerly with hair dryers and it would be skewed!

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Thanks for the review.
Everyone has their own taste. But yuck.
Reminds me of Walmart furniture with plastic stickon woodgrain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I love skins for my devices. It gives them a custom look while preventing scratches. That is why I jumped at the chance to receive a free EXO skin of my choice. They have quite a variety to choose from on their site. For me, it always comes down the the wood designs, this time I chose the wood grain bubinga. The skin itself also has a slight texture with the wood grain that is a wonderful added touch that makes it feel more true to life. I love dark wood looks, as I currently have a skinomi wood grain skin on my Asus Transformer Prime tablet and keyboard dock.

This is the first skin that I have ever applied with a hot air dryer, and it certainly helps form the skin to the back cover. However, the skin isn't perfect in it's coverage of the back. I lined up the camera, flash, and speaker holes perfectly. What was left was slightly off for the outer edge of the skin. The right side was too close to the edge, while there was still some white showing on the left side. It's not too bad since its barely a millimeter off, but it is definitely something that I noticed.

The rest of the skin went on smoothly, but I was surprised to notice that mine did not come with the home button piece. I most likely wouldn't have kept the piece on anyway depending on if it caused issues with the fingerprint scanner since I use it daily. The sides have stayed in place pretty well over the past few days without any movement or peeling of the edges. Another thing that is slightly off is the top edge of the screen cover. I have the speaker, camera, and sensors aligned properly, but the notification LED cutout is a little lower than where the light is.

The skin itself isn't too thick, but it does make swiping the fingerprint sensor a tiny bit more difficult. I was even able to put a case back on over the skin, albeit with a little difficulty. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the skin, and look forward to more skin choices from EXO skins in the future. Here's hoping this review fixes the slight errors on the back, as well as possibly introducing more wood grain choices.

20140510_123847_zpsea442e7e.jpg

20140510_123921_zps85fcf4f2.jpg

20140513_223439_RichtoneHDR_zps0a30cc89.jpg

20140510_123752_zpsfa1bbfc9.jpg

20140510_123832_zps7a46e45b.jpg

20140510_123842_zpsae6b3922.jpg