Flashing the latest recovery

Search This thread

heavensblade23

Apr 11, 2010
Is there some way to manually, permanently, flash new versions of Clockwork Recovery as they're released? Does flashing a new custom recovery actually require the unrevoked tool if I've already flashed an older version, or can I download it somewhere and just update from zip?

doug piston

Mar 19, 2010
the only way to reflash recovery as of now is with the unrevoked tool. the newest recovery seemed to be needed for the new CM6 test to flash. could have been operator error as i was intoxicated at the time. i had a rant about flashing the new recovery in irc last night about it.

BossMafia2

Jun 15, 2010
I dunno, I got the latest recovery through rom manager, it installed and the version number in recovery reflects the update

GMK83

Apr 16, 2010
If you use rom manager to flash it won't stick. Pull your battery and reboot into recovery. Vol down + power and select recovery. That will display your flashed version.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

BossMafia2

Jun 15, 2010
If you use rom manager to flash it won't stick. Pull your battery and reboot into recovery. Vol down + power and select recovery. That will display your flashed version.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

It's displaying 2.0.2.1

EDIT: You could also do "adb reboot recovery", for those of us who aren't really fans of doing battery pulls. I feel like every time I take that cover off, I'm weakening the plastic and one day I'll have to duct tape the damn thing together

Last edited:

ryoojin83

No GMK is right, flashing from ROM manager isn't permanent (i.e., its not actually on the recovery partition)
Notice when you enter the recovery, it looks like its flashing something...
I verified this when I installed CM6 nightly. I had the 2.0.2.1 'flashed', but after I updated to CM6 it was suddenly back to 2.0.1.0

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Only problem with that is, Koush has not released a persistent clockwork recovery image ;)

The zip file downloaded via rom manager is not just a single file.

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Update Released

Koush has posted v2.0.2.4 for the Incredible; so if you wanted to test unrEVOked v2.1 Reflash, you now have your files ... good luck!

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
That's not a recovery image, that's a fake recovery image flash that does not stick. We need an img.

Sent from my HTC Incredible.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
It amazes me how many folks here still have no clue (despite the MANY explanations) that ROM Manager cannot flash the recovery and make it stick due to the NAND being locked.