[APP] Call recorder (ROOT access needed) [Nov 24 update]

Search This thread

jopodpb

Jan 16, 2011
Fantastic app

For anyone having trouble with it automatically uninstalling, try just hitting home and going back into the app. The super user box popped up the second time and it worked for me :)

Also, it works on the HTC Legend (basically a faster hero) running CM7 but there's a fair bit of distortion/robot noise sometimes. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix that?

rickin

Dec 26, 2011
thanking all devs :D

once again thankyou all devs it was a gr8 help

i rooted two cell of htc
htc wildfie (buzz) and htc wildfie s (marvel)

rvoix works gr8

might be you facing a problem with outgoing call not recording go to rvoix app and for outgoing make it ask each time and it will solve outgoing issues

and if it doesn't pop up to ask.

just install custom dailer go dailer !

dot2dot2

Feb 19, 2011
It works pretty good, but as I'm a freshman here, how can I use the "Thanks" operation to you on this forum? Thanks for your great job!

Bood Qian

Feb 4, 2010
Is there a list of roms that including vocpcm module in the kernel?
I'm trying to get this work on my HTC Dream-TIM, but with no luck after tried couple of roms...
Or is there any workaround to make it work on CM? I know you're contacting them for solution
I just wonder if it's possible to do a customize build for CM6 to include vocpcm...
Or better, just update the kernel somehow.

Thanks.

Bood Qian

Feb 4, 2010
Is there a list of roms that including vocpcm module in the kernel?
I'm trying to get this work on my HTC Dream-TIM, but with no luck after tried couple of roms...
Or is there any workaround to make it work on CM? I know you're contacting them for solution
I just wonder if it's possible to do a customize build for CM6 to include vocpcm...
Or better, just update the kernel somehow.

Thanks.

wow, finally, get vocpcm ported to CM kernel 2.3.35
still need to fix the wireless though

painiac

Jan 20, 2011
I have an HTC Incredible 2, running CyanogenMod 7.1.0.1-Inc2

I recently started using rVoix v1.06 build 307 (the one tagged as "for snapdragons only" on app's google code page), and it records to .wav crisply and clearly as intended.

However, I quickly noticed that after making or receiving a phone call which rVoix records, the volume of music in both MusicMod and PlayerPro shows as being at 100% but sounds faint and crackly. Stopping the rVoix service from within the app and restarting it does not resolve the issue: I have to reboot the phone to get my media sound back to normal.

Based on that, I am making an uneducated guess that if I knew which service or process the recording involves I might be able to resolve the issue as a work-around by stopping and restarting that process or service rather than doing a full reboot of the phone.

Is this a known or expected issue at all?

dipusen

Sep 17, 2011
Kolkata
problem runing call recorder.

Hi,
I have installed your app(rVoix_11_24_2010) and its not starting. Showing a root permission error message and after pressign OK button it is going to uninstall the app. Pls help me.

Attachments

• screenshot-1333293685129.png
    screenshot-1333293685129.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 366
Reactions: v_rajasekhar

v_rajasekhar

Jun 19, 2012
Bangalore
Not able to install this app in Samsung S-5570 Android 2.3

Hi I tried to install this app downloaded from the above link, but not able to open.

I installed this app. When I tried to open it, it says device not found and then its prompt for uninstall.

How to use it??

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

:)

jkgeyti

Jun 10, 2010
Regarding file names

Hi

I've been a long time user, and I'm very happy with the application - one of my primary requirements to my new phones (I've used this on 3) is that they will support Call Recorder - so a huge thumbs up from me.

I'm exporting the recorded files to Dropbox using Dropspace, but this screws with the file creation/modified date. I'd love to be able to specify whether file names should start with the date or the name. Also (and this is a requirement if file names are to be sorted by date), all dates in filenames should be specified in YYYY-MM-DD-HH-mm-SS instead of HH-mm-SS-DD-MM-YYYY as they are now.

This feature would make it SO much easier to organize the files when accessing them through the file system.

Jolest

Hi

I've been a long time user, and I'm very happy with the application - one of my primary requirements to my new phones (I've used this on 3) is that they will support Call Recorder - so a huge thumbs up from me.

I'm exporting the recorded files to Dropbox using Dropspace, but this screws with the file creation/modified date. I'd love to be able to specify whether file names should start with the date or the name. Also (and this is a requirement if file names are to be sorted by date), all dates in filenames should be specified in YYYY-MM-DD-HH-mm-SS instead of HH-mm-SS-DD-MM-YYYY as they are now.

This feature would make it SO much easier to organize the files when accessing them through the file system.

Agreed! Sorting the files with the current naming system is difficult. Would definitely prefer YYYY-MM-DD-HH-mm-SS... Preferably followed by phone number and then caller-name (if available).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

painiac

Jan 20, 2011
I have an HTC Incredible 2, running CyanogenMod 7.1.0.1-Inc2

I recently started using rVoix v1.06 build 307 (the one tagged as "for snapdragons only" on app's google code page), and it records to .wav crisply and clearly as intended.

However, I quickly noticed that after making or receiving a phone call which rVoix records, the volume of music in both MusicMod and PlayerPro shows as being at 100% but sounds faint and crackly. Stopping the rVoix service from within the app and restarting it does not resolve the issue: I have to reboot the phone to get my media sound back to normal.

Based on that, I am making an uneducated guess that if I knew which service or process the recording involves I might be able to resolve the issue as a work-around by stopping and restarting that process or service rather than doing a full reboot of the phone.

Is this a known or expected issue at all?

I just remembered this thread. Figured I'd follow up on it in case anyone else has the same issue..
I did manage to fix it. The problem was persisting after deleting all user data from recovery and installing a new ROM, then restoring everything with Titanium Backup. It even persisted if I did the above but installed rVoix from its apk.

I decided to take a systematic approach. I went to recovery and wiped all user data, wiped the cache partition, and wiped the dalvik cache, then installed CM7 from scratch. I confirmed that sound would work after a phone call after individually installing and configuring every app and the problem never re-surfaced. I still don't know what caused it, but presumably something was corrupted and remained on the cache partition or in the dalvik cache somewhere which caused the problem to resurface even after ROM installs.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: BleedingIris

orangzeb

Oct 12, 2010
Lahore
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Hi, I was using 1.04 rvoix with GingerDX 030 and on every call after few seconds the other party can't hear my voice for 7 , 8 seconds it happens on every call ... anyone experienced the same ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote this program because I was unable to find a good app capable of recording the other side of the call properly.

Except for AirVoice, all such apps record the speaker rather than the line, and you barely hear the other side in the recordings.

The guy who wrote AirVoice knew the trick but seemed to be very annoyed by the negative feedback from Android Market, where the users of various devices (with the list of supported ones clearly stated!) tried to install that program. Because it wasn't open source, I had to disassemble it in order to write what I wanted exactly.

So the app uses an esoteric HTC driver, and NEEDS THE ROOT ACCESS just to open the device. If you do "adb shell chmod 666 '/dev/voc*' ", it'll never ask you for root access (but you have to be ROOT to execute that command).

It writes the calls in either WAV (recommended) or MP3 format (not tested much; needs some time to encode the file after the call, but the size is about 4 times smaller), stereo (left ear is your voice, right is that of the other party), to "/sdcard/voix" directory.

The kernel driver itself is kinda buggy. Actually, the auto-answer mode is non-functional for kendon's & ninpo's kernels (others not tested). Do NOT select it in Settings unless you've got such ROM and particularly need to reboot your phone on each incoming call :). It'd be nice if somebody try to fix that.

If you select "Ask each time" for any incoming calls, be sure to wait half a mo until the confirmation dialog appears. The "Foreground service" (default) setting is also recommended because Android may otherwise kill it if memory is low.

Any comments are welcome. I'm not sure that I'll ever add something to this program because I'm too lazy for that, but any bugs will reasonably be fixed. The code is open source, PM me if you're a programmer and have any ideas how to improve it.

=======================
    NOV 24 UPDATE

Numerous improvements/corrections/bugfixes (I'm not removing the previous version as this one haven't been much tested).

Enjoy!

Hi, app is open source, but where i can find source code of driver?

Thank you!

vicvondoom.

The driver is a part of Linux kernel. If you have a Hero (or some other HTC device), see http://developer.htc.com.

As for rVoix, I've started a project at http://code.google.com/p/rvoix yesterday.
    There is also a branch started by seo who succeeded in rVoix integration with Phone.apk/Settings.apk in his Espresso ROM for Magic.
    Developers are welcome!
    Greate works.Thank you .I will try it.Haha
    Thanks.
    Looks more promising than that of the regular Desire or Desire HD.
    At least we have a certain rs30100002:00000000 here (the "1" might as well be a flag indicating a newer implementation).
    OK, I'll make a kernel when I have time, and PM it to you. Let's check if this remote server is backward compatible, or explorable otherwise.
    Galaxy S I9000 report:"device does not exist or its permissions cannot be changed"