[Q] [Help] kitkat update & xposed framework issue

Search This thread

lourdes71

Apr 2, 2014
Hi all,

I have been looking everywhere for a solution but have found none that solved my issue.

I had xposed framework installed and working fine on my S4 i9505 with 4.3 and just after I updated to 4.4 I just can't install it (new install) nor re-install it with Titanium Backup.

I have the latest version, and it tries to install but finishes installation saying "application not installed" and that's all.

Can anyone give me a hand?

I have stock ROM, rooted with supersu, CWM.

thanks!

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
You dont need use Titanium Backup for that:

1. Download the Xposed Installer APK and install it normally like an app
2. Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
3. Reboot
4. Done!

Attachments

• install-xposed-framework-your-samsung-galaxy-s4-for-quick-easy-softmodding.w654.jpg
    install-xposed-framework-your-samsung-galaxy-s4-for-quick-easy-softmodding.w654.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 37

lourdes71

Apr 2, 2014
It seems I'm not explaining myself correctly...

I know how to install Xposed.
I have had it ever since I got the phone 8 months ago. I have changed roms frequently and never had any trouble installing it again.

But since I updated to kitkat 4.4.2 there is no way I can install it again from fresh. That's when I tried with Titanium just in case it worked, but it didn't.

So there must be something wrong with my cel after the update to kitkat 4.4.2.

does anyone know what could be the matter and how to solve it (apart from obviously flashing another ROM)?

thank you

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi
It seems that xposed installer apk is still present in ur system which cannot be overwritten automatically

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lourdes71

Apr 2, 2014
It seems that xposed installer apk is still present in ur system which cannot be overwritten automatically

How can I check that, and if it's so, uninstall it completely? It doesn't show in the list of installed applications at all...

You haven't changed the runtime to ART have you before you tried installing xsposed?

Sent from my LG-P990

I don't even know how to do that, honestly

if it's changed, how could I check it?

Last edited:

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
How can I check that, and if it's so, uninstall it completely? It doesn't show in the list of installed applications at all...

Im not sure if this will work :) Check your Internal sd card if you have Xposed-Disabler-recovery-.zip and flash it via custom Recovery mate, then intall xposed once again and Supersu should ask for permission ..

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi

Go to data/app and see if there is a file named de.robv.android.xposed.installer-2.apk
Or
de.robv.android.xposed.installer-1.apk
Or
de.robv.android.xposed.installer.apk
Or something like that.

Delete it if it exists

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

My hopes were dashed, it didn't work
Same happened

Any more ideas?

Thanks beforehand

Hit the thanks button if you appreciate somebody's help.

lourdes71

Apr 2, 2014
Go to data/app and see if there is a file named de.robv.android.xposed.installer-2.apk
Or
de.robv.android.xposed.installer-1.apk
Or
de.robv.android.xposed.installer.apk
Or something like that.

Delete it if it exists

Nothing... I did a complete search with root explorer, only found old logs from supersu's granted permissions for xposed, deleted them just in case, tried to install again from fresh... "application not installed" :(

lourdes71

Apr 2, 2014
Use a file explorer and copy the xposed apk to system/app then restart to see if works

Yeeeeesssssss!
That did it!

I put it there, rebooted, run the apk from that folder and it installed fine!
there's no sign of the widget anywhere, that's true...
but I can run it through root explorer and add modules, and they are (apparently) working (so far)

I can't thank you enough!
thanks thanks thanks!

Top Liked Posts