Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

liongood9

Nov 23, 2008
Yes you left your phone on GB and then you do have both voice and data. I'm glad it worked for you!

Now if you try to go further moving to ICS you'll find data issue. In fact I just realized something inaccurate in my procedure: you have to update the bootloader AFTER installing the GB:

PROCEDURE
1. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

2. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

Because the stock ROM actually installs the bootloader 0A.61.

I'll try a different custom ROM to see what happens on ICS.

How do you update the bootloader?

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
You would use fastboot with the file fragulina posted.

fastboot flash mbm.bin xxxx(bootloader file name)

I do not recommend this and it is not necessary for the builds we have available.

Reactions: liongood9

liongood9

Nov 23, 2008
You would use fastboot with the file fragulina posted.

fastboot flash mbm.bin xxxx(bootloader file name)

I do not recommend this and it is not necessary for the builds we have available.

reason why i wanted to try is because my tmobile sim card isn't working with the hack on stock 902 and updated 904. maybe it doesn't work with postpaid tmobile or is there some other way to get it to work?

JayXL14

May 12, 2011
NJ
Can anyone please point me to a tutorial for getting this to work on AT&T?

I don't need data, just want to use the Droid Bionic on AT&T for voice calls and on WiFi.

Been looking through this thread but a lot of it is kinda confusing, especially the need for CellZealot's Config Relock. Not sure when to use certain steps.

Thanks XDA!

(By the way, I did the TBH Band Unlock for the Droid 2 Global, so not a complete noob, just wanna see a tut. Thx)

oildriller83

Aug 18, 2011
Colcord, OK
Can anyone please point me to a tutorial for getting this to work on AT&T?

I don't need data, just want to use the Droid Bionic on AT&T for voice calls and on WiFi.

Been looking through this thread but a lot of it is kinda confusing, especially the need for CellZealot's Config Relock. Not sure when to use certain steps.

Thanks XDA!

(By the way, I did the TBH Band Unlock for the Droid 2 Global, so not a complete noob, just wanna see a tut. Thx)

If you used the zip file for the DROID 2 global that they designed to hack it, then install this the same exact way

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

Reactions: cellzealot

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
We just included the TBH Band Config Relock zip for safety, so that in the event of a problem a user who used our file to hack the radio of their device would not be stuck without a way to undo the hack.

We recommend keeping both zips on your sdcard so you can always do as you please.
In fact, you do not ever need to undo it because the band config supports both modes of operation and does not break normal VZW CDMA/EvDO/LTE connectivity at all.
All you need to do is switch SIM cards and manually switch the radio to the right mode in the Phone Info menu.

For voice and text with ATT all that is needed is to flash the TBH Band Config Unlock zip in Bionic Bootstrap recovery and then insert the ATT SIM and reboot. Then switch the radio to WCDMA preferred and wait a few min for service to authenticate.

I have prepaid SIMs for both ATT and T Mobile and they both work flawlessly in my Bionic.

Edit: All of my testing has been done on stock .904 firmware, but this should work on any build.

Last edited:
Reactions: projektorboy

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Maybe a updated post or maybe a MOD/GUIDE thread should be made with steps and full links to whatever is needed should be made so that everyone doesn't have to surf through the posts for the same answers. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA Premium App

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
Not sure if everyone knows but there is an app on the market called "Phone Info" that makes changing the preferred network a little easier.

Sent from my XT875 using XDA

anurag

May 5, 2006
Files needed to enable Tmobile/Attt support

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
5. Read the value from the device
6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA

Could you please share ALL the files required to make this happen. Thank you!!

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hey you guys. I'm going to be really nice and do this. Links to all the files you could possibly need in 1 post:

Get your Bionic to 5.9.904

RSDLite 5.7
https://rapidshare.com/files/386582613/RSDLite5.7.rar

5.9.902 Full FXZ
https://rapidshare.com/files/3690790507/VRZ_XT875_5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip

5.9.904 update.zip
https://rapidshare.com/files/1204831878/Blur_Version.5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

FOR DOING THE HACK MANUALLY

Motorola USB Drivers
http://developer.motorola.com/tools/usb_drivers/

RadioComm 11.12.2
https://rapidshare.com/files/877849913/RadioComm_v11.12.2_Install.msi.7z

Instructions for Hack
Page 3 of the very thread you're reading at this moment.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297714&page=3

FOR DOING THE HACK IN RECOVERY

Get Root
https://rapidshare.com/files/1880966302/motofail_windows.zip

Bionic Bootstrap
https://rapidshare.com/files/2467601821/BionicBootstrap.apk

UNLOCK ZIP
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1035722&d=1335926265

UNDO HACK ZIP
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042244&d=1336221756

JUST IN CASE

A link to just this post for your bookmarks
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26119430&postcount=252

Last edited:

nymica

That was very nice of you now hopefully people will actually read that instead of just jumping into the thread and immediately requesting help lol

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Reactions: projektorboy

proplaya23

Sep 19, 2008
I followed all the steps i am now on stock vzw. 904 rooted and bootstrapped and hacked in radiocomm im trying to get a signal on simple mobile no luck yet still waiting . Radio settings force close in the menu options but if i do it manually *#*#4636#*#*it lets me choose i have it on wcdma preffered what should i set it to??

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Well, apparently my T Mobile prepaid SIM is magic then. Its the same one I have had for over a year now that came with a Walmart off the shelf $15 Nokia candy bar. It works in all of my band unlocked global VZW Motorolas.

I also went out and bought a prepaid ATT SIM last week just to do further testing on D4 and RAZR, and that too works immediately in the Bionic, though neither works in the RAZR or D4.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Well, apparently my T Mobile prepaid SIM is magic then. Its the same one I have had for over a year now that came with a Walmart off the shelf $15 Nokia candy bar. It works in all of my band unlocked global VZW Motorolas.

I also went out and bought a prepaid ATT SIM last week just to do further testing on D4 and RAZR, and that too works immediately in the Bionic, though neither works in the RAZR or D4.

I have a flex pay sim and a monthly sim neither worked in the razr. I have a deal locally for a bionic but don't want to pick it up and won't do me any justice on tmobile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this done - no gsm data yet

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
    1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
    1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
    3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
    4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    5. Read the value from the device
    6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
    This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA
    This post shows the directions in pictures.

directions.jpg
    Bionic GSM Band Config update.zip

Here is the zip file installation.

As stated above, it can only be run from Bionic Bootstrap recovery and not from Safestrap.

Just place the zip on the root of the sdcard and then open Bionic Bootstrap and boot into recovery and select Install zip from sdcard, then Choose zip and select the file and install it. it takes about 2 seconds to run and then reboot the phone after putting the SIM in and it should work immediately in most cases.

The zip only performs the NV edit to Item 1877(0755 hex) rec 1 bytes length 8 and no other modifications.

We made zips for the D4 and Razr as well and will probably make a more formal release post for those devices, as they require some additional files for everything to work properly.

The Bionic was the first one and, as it turns out, the easiest of them.

I am also taking a look at the Xoom and trying to make it work on that device too.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities and probably some serious consternation for VZW.

Thanks to fragulina for the original hack!
    I have all the files myself but nowhere to upload to...

I have a private server with private access you could pm me and I can send you a username and password, then it could be seeded via torrent.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

This is a pic of the Bionic using both Tmo and ATT using this hack. The pics are from TeamBlackHat using this seem edit.

proofoflife.jpg

The directions were added to the image. The original directions can be found on page 2 of this thread.