YouTube TV

Search This thread

sparker781

Sep 8, 2013
Has anyone been able to get YouTube TV working on the FireTV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
From what i have seen it is a google services issue. I dont have youtube tv to test. It might work in the browser also (I've seen reports it does, with scrolling issues).
Install the following for signing in. YouTube and services are working with these.... If you need the files i can try and upload them.

Google Account Manager v4.4.4-1227136

Google Services Framework v4.4.4-1227136

Google Play Services (AndroidTV) v11.9.51 (836-177350961)

Google Play Store (AndroidTV) v4.6.17

For youtube
YouTube for Android TV (Android TV) 2.02.08

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Not YouTube, YouTube TV

Oh. Sorry.
I never even thought about that.
It's one thing for Google to block a free service but to charge a subscription, then make it so a significant amount of customers can't access it...its just a really bad decision.
I'd definitely contact YTTV customer support and complain.

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Not gonna make a difference

Probably not. But I think Fire Tv is the most popular streaming device in the world. If enough people complain they just might rethink things. Or if you're persistent enough...maybe a refund, free month, credit.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London

Yes this version works perfectly fine on my firestick - you can also cast to the app (app must be open on tv) from your phone if you goto the apps settings and select link with code & do same on your phones YouTube app

I cast because the search function of the tv app doesn't show a keyboard input

Fire TV YouTube Download

alsatea

Jul 27, 2010
I am too looking for the Youtube TV app, not Youtube.
Let me know if you find a solution.

I sideload the app for the phone but the app could not determine the location.

How can I make the app locate my location?

Last edited:

Lgms330

Apr 4, 2016
Working YouTube tv

So I have successfully gotten YouTube tv to work on my fire stick 2.
com.android.vending-4.6.17-80260017-minAPI8.apk

com.google.android.gms_11.9.51_(836-177350961)-11951836_minAPI19(armeabi-v7a)(213,320dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

google_services_framework_4.4.4-1227136_androidapksbox.apk

google_account_manager_4.4.4-1227136_androidapksbox.apk

Things I've installed different than the thread.
Settings.apk for fire tv
Fake gps app from play store
I have used wireless adb to
settings put secure location_providers_allowed gps

settings put secure location_providers_allowed gps,network

settings put secure mock_location 1

I will write up a full tutorial later today. I have another fitestick to test on, so I can start from beginning.

It's sorta a pain in the ass to get the fake gps coordinates right. I installed the app on my phone, then used the coordinates it read out, and typed them into fake gps using Cletus keyboard. It is important for negative - sign.

Notes are it needs a mouse to navigate some of the app, Cetus play works fine.
Feel free to ask questions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could anyone looking for Youtube and NOT Youtube TV kindly get the hell out of this thread?
    Hey everyone, first of all I want to thank everyone for all the hard work provided for this! It really is a shame that YouTube TV can't just have an official release, especially since it DOES actually work, just a few minor tweaks and it would be flawless! I've been following guides and things for days trying to get this to work, and I have successfully got it installed and it plays! Well, I've only tested live TV, I haven't tried anything that's been recorded yet. There is one issue that I will explain later on. First, I'll explain the trials I took.

I was fairly convinced in the beginning that I would need a working google play store in order to get this app, thinking if I can just get a play store that works, I can just install it from there! My entire first day of trying to fix this was trying to install google. I never succeeded. One of the guides I followed mentioned if I can install all the framework for google and then install Gmail so I could add a google account to the Firestick, then I would be set! I did do that, and it never worked. I found THIS GUIDE that had a link for a YouTube TV apk, that I tried, which did let me actually login, and I was able to see the live TV guide and my recordings, but nothing would play. I'm going to test back with that and play with it to see if maybe it's a settings issue later. Before I did anything else, I uninstalled all of the previous YouTube TV apks I installed as well as all the Google apks.

Then what I did was went to see if maybe an older version of the YouTube TV APK existed, since I'm using the 2nd gen FireStick, maybe I needed an older version? That's when I think I discovered the issue that many of us ran into. When I was searching APKMirror originally, I just installed the newest version of YouTube TV and didn't look that close, then when I went looking for an older version, I saw one specific version that was labeled (Android TV) and I remembered seeing that in some of the guides I read. So I grabbed YouTube TV - Watch & Record Live TV (Android TV) 1.05.05 (arm-v7a) and installed it. Prior to this I did install the The Crosswalk Project runtime (XWalk) that was found in the guide that I linked to in the previous paragraph. I have no idea if that app had any effect on the outcome, but it was installed first.

After installing the Android TV version of the YouTube TV app, I opened it, got the option of being an existing member, it gave me a code to use on the YouTube TV website, and I was all signed in! I could see the TV listings and it looked good! Then I went to play a show and I was staring at a black screen. Then I remembered everyone saying that it would only work in 480p mode, so I pressed down and over to the right until I was on the three dots, opened that menu and went to quality and changed it to 480p, and the show was playing! I nearly jumped for joy at this point! Then I continued to experiment, and I realized that after I set it to 480p and it played, I could change it back to 1080p and it worked! However, the video would never open initially if it were set to anything other than 480p. Also, some channels also wouldn't play at first, I would have to go to another channel and then back to the one I wanted. But, I was able to watch every channel I tried! All the menu buttons worked (add to library, captioning, stats for nerds, etc). The only real annoyance was I would have to manually change the quality down to 480p, let it load, and then move it back up to 1080p. That annoyance pretty much guarantees my wife will never try to open this app, so if anyone knows a way around it, or even a reason why this happens, I would very much appreciate it!

I hope this helps someone, and I really do hope we can find a solution for this soon!
    Working YouTube tv

So I have successfully gotten YouTube tv to work on my fire stick 2.
    com.android.vending-4.6.17-80260017-minAPI8.apk

com.google.android.gms_11.9.51_(836-177350961)-11951836_minAPI19(armeabi-v7a)(213,320dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

google_services_framework_4.4.4-1227136_androidapksbox.apk

google_account_manager_4.4.4-1227136_androidapksbox.apk

Things I've installed different than the thread.
    Settings.apk for fire tv
    Fake gps app from play store
    I have used wireless adb to
    settings put secure location_providers_allowed gps

settings put secure location_providers_allowed gps,network

settings put secure mock_location 1

I will write up a full tutorial later today. I have another fitestick to test on, so I can start from beginning.

It's sorta a pain in the ass to get the fake gps coordinates right. I installed the app on my phone, then used the coordinates it read out, and typed them into fake gps using Cletus keyboard. It is important for negative - sign.

Notes are it needs a mouse to navigate some of the app, Cetus play works fine.
    Feel free to ask questions.

You can just install the old one:
    http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-cont...be-app-on-an-amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/
    Works for me. No guarantee Google won't mess it up. Follow the simple guide, disable updates.
    Oh. Sorry.
    I never even thought about that.
    It's one thing for Google to block a free service but to charge a subscription, then make it so a significant amount of customers can't access it...its just a really bad decision.
    I'd definitely contact YTTV customer support and complain.
    It's also counterproductive . This week I cancelled my Directv (much too expensive) and signed on to Youtube TV. I found it would not work with Amazon Firestick so I bought a Roku streaming stick. In these Big Bully disputes who wins, who loses?