[APP][MOD] TouchWizGTG Launcher (19/4/11 - Source/Modified files posted)

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Click here for source / modified files

This is a modified, awesomer version of the Froyo TouchWiz launcher.

---The end has come :( (15/2)---

I have some bad news for you guys. I was waiting for a new Captivate Froyo release because the Captivate version of TouchWiz has more features and would be a better base to build upon. I thought the Captivate would get the update in December or January and I would have a new version of TouchWizGTG out by now, but Samsung USA and AT&T still haven't released the update. Worse news... I got tired of waiting for updates and a stable build of CyanogenMod, so I bought a Desire HD today. I'm sort of a sucker for HTC Sense. Sorry for the letdown. :( So long Galaxy S. Your gorgeous Super AMOLED screen will be missed. Your GPS will not.

Anyone and everyone has permission to pick up the project. I will try to put together all of my modified files and post them sometime in the next few days.

---Vote now! (21/12)---

So here's the deal. I'm considering creating a new version of TouchWizGTG (with JPX TW launcher or newer as a base) sometime in the next three weeks since I'll be on vacation. HOWEVER, I will NOT be creating a million different versions to please everyone this time. Sorry, but creating all of those different versions and testing each one for each release was extremely tedious and it made me lose interest in the project.

Go here and vote on your favorite feature set. I will create the TWO that have the most votes plus one of my choosing if it's different than the other two.

---Update (9/11)---

-Due to demand, I am posting variations of the new dock version with 16-bit mode disabled and landscape mode disabled. As a refresher, 16-bit disabled versions sacrifice speed for slightly better image quality.

---Update---

-Due to demand, I am posting versions that have the colored icon backdrops in the app drawer. Apparently some people like those ugly things.

---New in v1.1.1 (30/10)---

-Updated international language files (there is no need to update if you use English)

---New in v1.1 (30/10)---

-Smoother fly-out animation when leaving app drawer
-New version with redesigned 5-icon dock! :cool: (screenshots further down in post)
-No more 16-bit disabled version... everyone seemed to prefer the speed improvements of the enabled version

---Features---

-Landscape mode (270° rotation)
-Transparent app drawer background and no icon backdrops
-New fly-in effect for app drawer icons
-Ability to set the default home screen location
-Ability to sort the app drawer alphabetically
-Galaxy Tab specific code removed to reduce app size
-Enabled 16-bit mode for faster/smoother animations

53451942.png
40404020.png

70330494.png

80946757.png
94392812.png

New 5-icon dock version! To change the icons in the dock, hold and drag the one you want to replace out, then go into the app drawer (or from homescreen) and hold and drag the one you want in. Blurrycam tutorial

24093396.png
68658238.png

Installation (If you're a noob, I recommend using Root Explorer. If you're not, you probably don't need this installation guide.)

1. In /system/app, rename the default TouchWiz30Launcher.apk and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex (if applicable) to TouchWiz30Launcher.apk.bak and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex.bak.
2. Copy this new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk into /system/app.
3. Set permissions of the new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk to rw-r--r--. You can probably get by without doing this. Haven't tried it.
4. Important! If you are installing the new dock version you must clear launcher data to unhide the apps that were in your dock previously. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Running > com.sec.android.app.twlauncher and then force stop, clear data, and press home. If you don't see com.sec.android.app.twlauncher, look for TwGTGLauncher.

Attachments

• TouchWizGTG_v1.1.1.zip
    672.5 KB · Views: 10,512
  • TouchWizGTG_v1.1.1_Colored_Icons.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 6,602
  • TouchWizGTG_New_Dock_All_Variations.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 7,204
  • TouchWizGTG_New_Dock_Colored_Icons_All_Variations.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 17,199
Last edited:

krtken

Sep 23, 2010
Works nice for me tnx!
Only thing i noticed ... not all buttons in the dock were translated ...
good job there

Reactions: vogue75

Segnaro

Aug 5, 2010
Thanks. Worked on my phone :D I always wanted to have the landscape mode like the Epic, and the new app drawer is pretty cool.

Last edited:

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Does this happen to work on the s variants also? I have a vibrant and world love this

_Tim

Eugenes 2.2 [JPM] + FFC Mod
Sent from my Vibrant using XDA App

scheichuwe

Sep 23, 2009
happy place
Amazing!

Looking at the AndroidManifest.xml, did you edit it or why does it look different from the ones I know. I ask because editing the AndroidManifest.xml in TWLauncher produced some strange problems for me.

Btw, your launcher works great :)

Last edited:

vijaykanth

Jan 31, 2010
Mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Nice mod. Tried both enabled and disabled... as an end-user both appear same from the outside. :)
Works smoothly, and really wanted that transparent app-drawer! Thanks!

PS: No need for changing permissions.

Last edited:

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Amazing!

Looking at the AndroidManifest.xml, did you edit it or why does it look different from the ones I know. I ask because editing the AndroidManifest.xml in TWLauncher produced some strange problems for me.

Btw, your launcher works great :)

The AndroidManifest.xml looks different than the ones you know because it's not from a Galaxy S. ;)

bidboy

Jun 16, 2010
Devon.
This is a great mod :)

Just installed on Doc_Kalpik Froyo JP6/JPM V6 rom. Tried both versions, they both work great, but much prefer the "enabled" version. Swiping between panels is very smooth, transparency is great as is the landscape mode. Phone feels so much faster ( did not need to change permissions ). :)

almi88

Nov 19, 2009
Sibiu
This is great, works very smooth. But I can't manage to change the default home screen. How can I do that?

Fr4gg0r

Aug 4, 2010
You propably have to edit your default.prop (can be any of the .props)
you can then specify the default screen with the line
ro.csc.homescreen.defaultscreen=2
whereas 2 would be homescreen number 3.

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
This is great, works very smooth. But I can't manage to change the default home screen. How can I do that?

You propably have to edit your default.prop (can be any of the .props)
you can then specify the default screen with the line
ro.csc.homescreen.defaultscreen=2
whereas 2 would be homescreen number 3.

Shouldn't need to do any default.prop editing. Just grab the screen with the home icon and drag it to where you want your default screen to be.

defaulttr.png

immyh

Sep 22, 2007
hi great mod but you know i kinda like the icon backdrops any chance of an option to keep those in?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Click here for source / modified files

This is a modified, awesomer version of the Froyo TouchWiz launcher.

---The end has come :( (15/2)---

I have some bad news for you guys. I was waiting for a new Captivate Froyo release because the Captivate version of TouchWiz has more features and would be a better base to build upon. I thought the Captivate would get the update in December or January and I would have a new version of TouchWizGTG out by now, but Samsung USA and AT&T still haven't released the update. Worse news... I got tired of waiting for updates and a stable build of CyanogenMod, so I bought a Desire HD today. I'm sort of a sucker for HTC Sense. Sorry for the letdown. :( So long Galaxy S. Your gorgeous Super AMOLED screen will be missed. Your GPS will not.

Anyone and everyone has permission to pick up the project. I will try to put together all of my modified files and post them sometime in the next few days.

---Vote now! (21/12)---

So here's the deal. I'm considering creating a new version of TouchWizGTG (with JPX TW launcher or newer as a base) sometime in the next three weeks since I'll be on vacation. HOWEVER, I will NOT be creating a million different versions to please everyone this time. Sorry, but creating all of those different versions and testing each one for each release was extremely tedious and it made me lose interest in the project.

Go here and vote on your favorite feature set. I will create the TWO that have the most votes plus one of my choosing if it's different than the other two.

---Update (9/11)---

-Due to demand, I am posting variations of the new dock version with 16-bit mode disabled and landscape mode disabled. As a refresher, 16-bit disabled versions sacrifice speed for slightly better image quality.

---Update---

-Due to demand, I am posting versions that have the colored icon backdrops in the app drawer. Apparently some people like those ugly things.

---New in v1.1.1 (30/10)---

-Updated international language files (there is no need to update if you use English)

---New in v1.1 (30/10)---

-Smoother fly-out animation when leaving app drawer
    -New version with redesigned 5-icon dock! :cool: (screenshots further down in post)
    -No more 16-bit disabled version... everyone seemed to prefer the speed improvements of the enabled version

---Features---

-Landscape mode (270° rotation)
    -Transparent app drawer background and no icon backdrops
    -New fly-in effect for app drawer icons
    -Ability to set the default home screen location
    -Ability to sort the app drawer alphabetically
    -Galaxy Tab specific code removed to reduce app size
    -Enabled 16-bit mode for faster/smoother animations

53451942.png
    40404020.png

70330494.png

80946757.png
    94392812.png

New 5-icon dock version! To change the icons in the dock, hold and drag the one you want to replace out, then go into the app drawer (or from homescreen) and hold and drag the one you want in. Blurrycam tutorial

24093396.png
    68658238.png

Installation (If you're a noob, I recommend using Root Explorer. If you're not, you probably don't need this installation guide.)

1. In /system/app, rename the default TouchWiz30Launcher.apk and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex (if applicable) to TouchWiz30Launcher.apk.bak and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex.bak.
    2. Copy this new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk into /system/app.
    3. Set permissions of the new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk to rw-r--r--. You can probably get by without doing this. Haven't tried it.
    4. Important! If you are installing the new dock version you must clear launcher data to unhide the apps that were in your dock previously. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Running > com.sec.android.app.twlauncher and then force stop, clear data, and press home. If you don't see com.sec.android.app.twlauncher, look for TwGTGLauncher.
    Who wants the modified xml?

Here ya go! Someone better make TouchWizGTG for Galaxy S II now that they have my secret sauce.

Sorry, no support for these files. You'll have to figure out what to do with these and how to compile yourself.
    ---Vote now! (21/12)---

ok i got it decompiled, i am trying to remake the mods gtg did and move on from there.
    Hey kwik31 where are you?? Please I would love your TouchWiz mod!! :D

here you go...