[ROM]-Stock 1.55.531.3 Rooted, Deodex -- REMOVED DUE TO KANG :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JKILO

Feb 7, 2011
Columbus
KANG - To steal or a stolen code when referring to programming. Also can refer to leaked coding.

Due to the copious amounts of kanging that now happens in regards to android development I will be pulling all of my links and changing the original posts with this. If you would like to use my roms please feel free to find the kanged version elsewhere.

For inspiring developers, rtfm or ask someone who knows what they are doing before you steal someone elses work, look at someones code and get the general idea. If you port or use something as a base, credit that person. Do not just link back to the thread where you got it from. My email is jssknndy@gmail.com so feel free to ask questions, if I know the answers I will be willing to assist.

I don't wish to call anyone out but I will say there are a few roms, specifically for MT4G Slide that have been kanged. One of which was taken from me, another was a kanged version of CM7 which was just the Settings.apk SettingsProvider.apk and Launcher.apk replaced. CM7 is framework edits, not just a list of apps an entire team works on. You cannot just replace apps in CyanogenMod and expect it to work thus the reason some parts of the Settings.apk force close. Its not hard to be an idiot but its even easier to spot bull**** work, do yourselves a favor, leave xda, leave rootzwiki, leave whatever thread you are on and learn from people who know what the fk they're doing.

If my email fills with hate mail, then fine, at least what I did I feel was right and do not have to worry about my development being taken and rebadged, if I'm out of line then have a moderator delete and close my thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

nlarge

Apr 20, 2007
Mainly because we are looking for s-off... Good work though

rooted 1.55.531.3 with clockwork recovery and SU

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Thanks man, i didnt feel like deodexing incase i wanted to start making changes :D..hopefully with this stock build you have the cobwebs shook off and we can get cracking:p

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Reactions: JKILO

memnoc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2011
i'd like to port this to Desire HD, may i ask to have some screens?

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
i'd like to port this to Desire HD, may i ask to have some screens?

It's the bone stock myTouch ROM, there should be screen shots and videos of it every where on Google. Since It's stock only, no mods us myTouch users already know what to expect it to look like

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Does this have the insecure boot.img? What about the hboot version?

I'm currently unlocked and s-off, running UndeadK9's "stock" deodexed/rooted/optimized R2 release ROM. I don't want to lose s-off or root, but I like having a more "stock" rom as this is my only phone.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Does this have the insecure boot.img? What about the hboot version?

I'm currently unlocked and s-off, running UndeadK9's "stock" deodexed/rooted/optimized R2 release ROM. I don't want to lose s-off or root, but I like having a more "stock" rom as this is my only phone.

this zip is the OTA rooted with busybox and deodexed nothing more, there is no radio included or no hboot included, i just rooted my MyTouch yesterday and did the whole s-off thing, im running this now becuase me a jkilo go back to the shift forums so you will be all good man just make sure you do a full wipe

Reactions: JKILO

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
And 1

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329377703243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329377703243.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 163

AndroidBotx

Jan 21, 2012
Reno/Tahoe
I cant edit the build prop at all. If I do it won't boot. Does this have unsecure boot.img by chance?

Sent from my HTC Doubleshot using xda premium

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I cant edit the build prop at all. If I do it won't boot. Does this have unsecure boot.img by chance?

What are you trying to edit, and to what? I'm almost sure the boot.img is unsecured
#edit#
I just used root explorer and changed my VM heap and rebooted fine

Last edited:

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA

I know Daniel60104's ROM does have the unsecure boot.img, not sure on this one.

On a side note, has anyone tried flashing the radio update that accompanied this release? I know that radio is a no-go for older ROMS, but since it was designed with this release, no word yet how it works with a rooted ROM.

Last edited:

Micoman

Oct 20, 2010
Anyone noticed battery life improvement on this stock version? I've been using this for a week now and I can say there's a big difference compare to the older version. I am using the non-debloat (stock). Another thing is I have yet to experience the random warm battery issue that I've been experiencing from older stock based roms.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Anyone noticed battery life improvement on this stock version? I've been using this for a week now and I can say there's a big difference compare to the older version. I am using the non-debloat (stock). Another thing is I have yet to experience the random warm battery issue that I've been experiencing from older stock based roms.
I have noticed much better battery performance with this stock ROM, as well. I'm using Daniel's stock, rooted ROM, and I ran Bloater to take out the things I didn't want (like TMobileTV, TeleNAV, QIK). This ROM runs very quick, smooth. I'm still wondering about the newer radio, though I'm hesitant to flash it because I can't afford to screw up this phone. This is my ONLY phone, it has to work.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I have noticed much better battery performance with this stock ROM, as well. I'm using Daniel's stock, rooted ROM, and I ran Bloater to take out the things I didn't want (like TMobileTV, TeleNAV, QIK). This ROM runs very quick, smooth. I'm still wondering about the newer radio, though I'm hesitant to flash it because I can't afford to screw up this phone. This is my ONLY phone, it has to work.

As long as the Md5 matches your safe, just follow the instructions one at a time, like read all the way through them once and make sure you understand the steps, then go back and start the process, that's it the phone handles the rest...BUT its still scary I understand that, Hell I've had my own EVO Shift ROM for about 10 months and i still use the stock 2.2 radio on that phone

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
As long as the Md5 matches your safe, just follow the instructions one at a time, like read all the way through them once and make sure you understand the steps, then go back and start the process, that's it the phone handles the rest...BUT its still scary I understand that, Hell I've had my own EVO Shift ROM for about 10 months and i still use the stock 2.2 radio on that phone
Given that I'm running 1.55.531.3, S-OFF and rooted, with the original stock radio, and everything is working splendidly (wi-fi, bluetooth, camera, gps, etc.), I'm not gonna mess with it for now.

I'm interested to see what HTC comes out with since they halted the 1.55.531.3 OTA update due to "performance issues". When they restart, I wonder if it will be a different version, for instance.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Given that I'm running 1.55.531.3, S-OFF and rooted, with the original stock radio, and everything is working splendidly (wi-fi, bluetooth, camera, gps, etc.), I'm not gonna mess with it for now.

I'm interested to see what HTC comes out with since they halted the 1.55.531.3 OTA update due to "performance issues". When they restart, I wonder if it will be a different version, for instance.

Well them performance issues can and will be addressed asap, its all about tweaking the ROM, we had major Sense reloads on the evo shift so we learned to allocate more memory here rather than there, and once a ROM was odexed/scripted/opted they flat out flew.

When it comes to the radio on my DoubleShot i will probably never change the radio cause if it aint broke dont fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KANG - To steal or a stolen code when referring to programming. Also can refer to leaked coding.

Due to the copious amounts of kanging that now happens in regards to android development I will be pulling all of my links and changing the original posts with this. If you would like to use my roms please feel free to find the kanged version elsewhere.

For inspiring developers, rtfm or ask someone who knows what they are doing before you steal someone elses work, look at someones code and get the general idea. If you port or use something as a base, credit that person. Do not just link back to the thread where you got it from. My email is jssknndy@gmail.com so feel free to ask questions, if I know the answers I will be willing to assist.

I don't wish to call anyone out but I will say there are a few roms, specifically for MT4G Slide that have been kanged. One of which was taken from me, another was a kanged version of CM7 which was just the Settings.apk SettingsProvider.apk and Launcher.apk replaced. CM7 is framework edits, not just a list of apps an entire team works on. You cannot just replace apps in CyanogenMod and expect it to work thus the reason some parts of the Settings.apk force close. Its not hard to be an idiot but its even easier to spot bull**** work, do yourselves a favor, leave xda, leave rootzwiki, leave whatever thread you are on and learn from people who know what the fk they're doing.

If my email fills with hate mail, then fine, at least what I did I feel was right and do not have to worry about my development being taken and rebadged, if I'm out of line then have a moderator delete and close my thread. Thanks!

Wow dude. Seriously get off your high horse. Techincally you kanged this rom from Htc. So basically you are just as guilty. And rather then attempting to flame other people (without stating there names which you did). Your talking about undeads pre alpha aosp. If you look in the credits he gave full credit to kornyone and cyanogen team. Personally i think you need to do an ego check. Every developer kangs. Period end of story. You kanged and cooked HTCs Hard work yet i dont see you giving credit where credit is due. Even cyanogen kanged there stuff. Every developer is a full on kanger. These little ego trips people seem to take (Mainly little chefs) is very annoying. And guess what, my kernel is a full kang as well. All credit goes to HTC and Linux. All i did was compile it. Get over yourself.

I never saw you credit dxidsa for his rom kitchen either. How funny is that? Am i right?
    Wee!!
    This thread is going to be locked :)
    Its all AOSP....

Just my spare change.
    Thanks man, i didnt feel like deodexing incase i wanted to start making changes :D..hopefully with this stock build you have the cobwebs shook off and we can get cracking:p