Brain's Taskbar WM6.5 ~ gfreek edition V6 - Development on HOLD!!

Search This thread

nativepride1105

Aug 8, 2010
I have downloaded the linked file on my computer, how do i install these onto my phone. Do i have to download it to the phone? and how do i go about changes the icons then?

K

key-seven

Nice work all in all.
Gonna try this now.
Is there a "no start text" patch for stock roms so the stupid line saying "start" disappears too?

Thanx.

EDIT: Now that my ROM is ****ed and my HD2 does not boot anymore I realized that the icon set is not for stock ROMS.

Last edited:

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
Manila: 2.5.19211619.0
ROM_ 1.66.479.2

The quick menu is absent, but enabled in the options.

I would expect it should work on your version of sense (2.5.1921), but I've never tested it on that so I can't say for sure....everything I've seen indicates that it should though.

I have downloaded the linked file on my computer, how do i install these onto my phone. Do i have to download it to the phone? and how do i go about changes the icons then?

You need to move the .cab file over to your phone (on to the SD card is best), then use file explorer on your phone to locate the cab and tap on it to run it, it's an installer like a .exe file on your pc.

Nice work all in all.
Gonna try this now.
Is there a "no start text" patch for stock roms so the stupid line saying "start" disappears too?

Thanx.

EDIT: Now that my ROM is ****ed and my HD2 does not boot anymore I realized that the icon set is not for stock ROMS.

Which set of brian's did you run? They should work on a stock ROM, unless you tried some version specifically for WM 6.5.3...?

K

key-seven

Which set of brian's did you run? They should work on a stock ROM, unless you tried some version specifically for WM 6.5.3...?

I don´t remember exactly, but after the installation I made a soft reset and all it did was booting to the windows splash, but then froze. The last two hours I spent configuring my HD2 after the hard reset I made. Nevermind.

Last edited:

robseargeant

Apr 25, 2008
Salt Lake City
This seems to work fine on my Phone using the new AT&T Tilt 2 ROM (version in sig) exceot for the Voicemail Icon is a no go. It is a ? in the taskbar, and on the pull down for multiple notifications it is a blank, the blank area still pulls up the notification. Any ideas?

cincy1020

Sep 21, 2007
Please help

Hi:
I accidentally delete the entire key: HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps
Can someone please tell me how to recreate it, and what info was in it?
I would appreciate it so much. I just upgraded my OS, and finally finished installing a million things, and now this happened. I would HATE to have to start from scratch..
Thanks!:(

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
Hi:
I accidentally delete the entire key: HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps
Can someone please tell me how to recreate it, and what info was in it?
I would appreciate it so much. I just upgraded my OS, and finally finished installing a million things, and now this happened. I would HATE to have to start from scratch..
Thanks!:(

Hi Cincy. The exact way to recreate that key will just depend on which reg editor you're using. The screenshots below will show you exactly what values are under that key, and under the "battery icon levels" key that's in there too.

FYI, I pulled these off of my T-Mobile TP2, but I believe they should be the same for the Tilt2.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 79

cincy1020

Sep 21, 2007
Hi Cincy. The exact way to recreate that key will just depend on which reg editor you're using. The screenshots below will show you exactly what values are under that key, and under the "battery icon levels" key that's in there too.

FYI, I pulled these off of my T-Mobile TP2, but I believe they should be the same for the Tilt2.

Double Post, Sorry.

Last edited:

cincy1020

Sep 21, 2007

Hi Sirphunkee:
Thank you so much for your help!
I got it working fine with your screenshots.
Thanks again!

kaitara

Mar 22, 2009
Aurora
I feel a little silly for asking this, but does anyone know what the golden circle means? Does it replace volume? I am using version 6.

zazizozuz

Jun 6, 2008
Hello,

I have install the volume icon fix but it doesn't work .... could someone help me ?

8c57b5de2bf4d948114025173dcfc33e.png
[/url][/IMG]

c9e8712e663b6b1d291c26f284e6593a.png
[/url][/IMG]

Thank's in advance

Last edited:

cris2d2

Feb 22, 2009
Sibiu
I have a Samsung Omnia II (i8000) with Windows Mobile 6.5.

How can I uninstall Brain's Taskbar WM6.5 gfreek edition V6? When I click Remove icon in Remove Programs, it freezes for about two or three minutes, after which it returns the message:

"gfreek F_Brians TB_gfreek_edition V6_1.66 WEE was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" (yes/no)

Whatever I choose, the program keeps staying in list and it wont uninstall.

I tried this several times, followed by soft resets but no success so far.

What should I do to remove this application for good?

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
I have a Samsung Omnia II (i8000) with Windows Mobile 6.5.

How can I uninstall Brain's Taskbar WM6.5 gfreek edition V6? When I click Remove icon in Remove Programs, it freezes for about two or three minutes, after which it returns the message:

"gfreek F_Brians TB_gfreek_edition V6_1.66 WEE was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" (yes/no)

Whatever I choose, the program keeps staying in list and it wont uninstall.

I tried this several times, followed by soft resets but no success so far.

What should I do to remove this application for good?

That's a common problem that can happen to a number of different installed cabs in winmo. The best way I've found to remove the app when that happens is to actually then run the installer cab again, and when it tells you that it can't install just keep clicking "yes" to all the prompts...it will look like it's installing the whole thing from scratch, but once it's done and you soft-reset, you'll probably find that the app is then gone.

Crake

Sep 29, 2007
Maia
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Plase help me!

I have installed your lovely Task Bar, but as you said the only modified icons were the Volume and the Activesync...

I have already tryed to rename those shell... files, but the resco explorer says it cannot perform that operation.

I have these two files:
- shellres.192.dll;
- shellres.dll.0416.mui

What shall i do ??

Thanks in advance, Crake.

jonko6666

Oct 28, 2009
Hi guys,

I changed my ROM to 3.14 and the volume icon missing now, the same as in post 872.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Lakva

May 13, 2008
screenshotqo.jpg

Hello!
Those icons are the best.

Is it possible to get version H somewhere??? I am unable to find it, there is just the F version in first post :-(
Thank to anyone!!!