Custom Lockscreen Background (OpenDesire and DeFrost)

Search This thread

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
classical-gas.blogspot.com
...presenting
Lockscreen mod with Customizable Background
for OpenDesire and DeFrost

I've modded the framework and enabled custom lock-screen backgrounds. I've currently got it working on my custom mods for OpenDesire and DeFrost.

This is not lockbot or widgetlocker, this is a modified vanilla lock-screen.

Please don't attempt this if you don't understand all of this. I am not responsible for any damage this may cause. I recommend doing a nandroid before playing around with this.

This will make your screen look silly when answering a call from a locked screen. There is nothing I can do about this.

I've included 2 lockscreen images for the black mod and templates for both black and white. If you are using the stock sliders, you don't need to use a template, just make sure the image is the correct size.

Here is proof:
snap20101018_215544.png
snap20101018_215547.png

...now in white
snap20101020_010752sml.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you need to have
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Desire, S-Off'ed and running OpenDesire 4.0.34-37 or DeFrost 5.6

Ninjamorph and dependencies

My Custom framework

Photoshop/GIMP.

What you need to do
Flash one of my themes through recovery, ensuring signature verification is off.

Let phone restart

Bask in glory of new lockscreen for a second, then realise you can't read the status bar.

Extract the .xml files to \SDcard\CMTheme\ and apply either through the settings menu (Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User interface > Tweaks extras > ) then restart for configuration to load.

Enjoy new theme :)

Make a lockscreen that is 480*800, If you want it to look best, place it under either of the layers photoshop. If using the white lock widget use the white psd file.

Place lockscreen on SDcard.

Open Ninjamorph

>New Project
Navigate to system>framework>framework-res.apk>res>drawable-hdpi>lockscreen_bg.png

Select the file you would like to have as your background

Select "finish project" select framework-res.apk, then "yes", "yes" or "no", "yes", "yes". Let phone restart to new lockscreen background.

If you don't have an S-OFF'd Desire
Download one of my themes.

Open the file in an archive program (I use 7zip) and navigate to framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\. Locate "lockscreen_bg.png" and extract this file.

Edit the file, put it back in the archive, flash theme.

Alternatively you want other framework
Ok, here it is guys. My first attempt at a Metamorph and only for OpenDesire.

You can only use this on stock, or simple themes. My definition of "simple theme" is one which is only changed icons, this means no battery mods which use more than the 6 steps that is the default, ie. no *.xmls are edited. or...

you will get stuck in a boot-loop

Instructions.

Download "custom_lockscreen.zip"

Open Metamorph and point it to this file.

Select apply all - it should reboot into your new background.

Then use ninjamorph to change background as outlined above.

As this is my first attempt at a metamorph, please be sure you backup before testing it. I am not responsible for anything going pear-shaped.

Attachments

• Lockscreen_background.psd
    119.3 KB · Views: 759
  • Black_xml.zip
    968 bytes · Views: 156
  • Lockscreens.zip
    896.2 KB · Views: 486
  • custom_lockscreen.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 461
  • FLATBLACK_NEWLOCKMOD.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 368
  • Lockscreen_background_white.psd
    119.7 KB · Views: 509
  • FLATWHITE_NEWLOCKMOD.zip
    2 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Reactions: jmzZz and de Wolfe

zHk3R

Aug 17, 2009
Hoth
****in' A...

This is AWESOME!

Nice work, dude!

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the lockscreen in action. Looks GREAT! :D

snap20101019_104615.png

Last edited:

mr.r9

Oct 8, 2006
Not currently. It requires modding the xmls in the framework of the rom. As far as I know, this will require each rom to be decompiled then edited then recompiled which I don't have time to do and/or maintain.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Can't you add your code to Cyanogen or Open Desire or anything like that & maybe they can create a new option? I know nothing about developing but I know that they can merge your code within android.

sudeki300

Jul 25, 2010
london
@classicalgas what theme is that you are using in the pic. i love the look of it, do you care to share.thanks.....................sudeki300

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
Can't you add your code to Cyanogen or Open Desire or anything like that & maybe they can create a new option? I know nothing about developing but I know that they can merge your code within android.

Yeah I too know nothing about developing. I have no idea how to go about this. I tend to leave this to more capable people as it takes me too long to code anything. I only really post what I come up with and use, its become a bit of a hobby. I don't have time to port/merge code, as I don't require it and it's not worth my time.

does this work also with your white theme classglass?
can i use aswell the white.xml file for that lockbar?

Not as yet. If you use the "flat_white.xml" file you should get a white statusbar, but the icons will look inverted.

I probably won't have the white version up until late this week.

@classicalgas what theme is that you are using in the pic. i love the look of it, do you care to share.thanks.....................sudeki300

My own theme, see sig. You can find the wallpaper here. The clock is a mod of the in-built analogue clock.

Zurga

Nov 19, 2008
Defrost?

Is there an easy way to get this working on DeFrost?

Last edited:

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
Posted a tute on how to use metamorph to create lock-screen themes on my blog. Leave comments and questions there. Hope it all works, I've not posted much before.

I'm gonna compile some in the next few days for everyone to use.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

D

Deleted member 267841

for what version of OpenDesire?
works with 4.0.10?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...presenting
    Lockscreen mod with Customizable Background
    for OpenDesire and DeFrost

I've modded the framework and enabled custom lock-screen backgrounds. I've currently got it working on my custom mods for OpenDesire and DeFrost.

This is not lockbot or widgetlocker, this is a modified vanilla lock-screen.

Please don't attempt this if you don't understand all of this. I am not responsible for any damage this may cause. I recommend doing a nandroid before playing around with this.

This will make your screen look silly when answering a call from a locked screen. There is nothing I can do about this.

I've included 2 lockscreen images for the black mod and templates for both black and white. If you are using the stock sliders, you don't need to use a template, just make sure the image is the correct size.

Here is proof:
    snap20101018_215544.png
    snap20101018_215547.png

...now in white
    snap20101020_010752sml.png

What you need to have

HTC Desire, S-Off'ed and running OpenDesire 4.0.34-37 or DeFrost 5.6

Ninjamorph and dependencies

My Custom framework

Photoshop/GIMP.

What you need to do
    Flash one of my themes through recovery, ensuring signature verification is off.

Let phone restart

Bask in glory of new lockscreen for a second, then realise you can't read the status bar.

Extract the .xml files to \SDcard\CMTheme\ and apply either through the settings menu (Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User interface > Tweaks extras > ) then restart for configuration to load.

Enjoy new theme :)

Make a lockscreen that is 480*800, If you want it to look best, place it under either of the layers photoshop. If using the white lock widget use the white psd file.

Place lockscreen on SDcard.

Open Ninjamorph

>New Project
    Navigate to system>framework>framework-res.apk>res>drawable-hdpi>lockscreen_bg.png

Select the file you would like to have as your background

Select "finish project" select framework-res.apk, then "yes", "yes" or "no", "yes", "yes". Let phone restart to new lockscreen background.

If you don't have an S-OFF'd Desire
    Download one of my themes.

Open the file in an archive program (I use 7zip) and navigate to framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\. Locate "lockscreen_bg.png" and extract this file.

Edit the file, put it back in the archive, flash theme.

Alternatively you want other framework
    Ok, here it is guys. My first attempt at a Metamorph and only for OpenDesire.

You can only use this on stock, or simple themes. My definition of "simple theme" is one which is only changed icons, this means no battery mods which use more than the 6 steps that is the default, ie. no *.xmls are edited. or...

you will get stuck in a boot-loop

Instructions.

Download "custom_lockscreen.zip"

Open Metamorph and point it to this file.

Select apply all - it should reboot into your new background.

Then use ninjamorph to change background as outlined above.

As this is my first attempt at a metamorph, please be sure you backup before testing it. I am not responsible for anything going pear-shaped.
    Reserved, just in case