Everyone Having Baseband Problems, Look Here.

Search This thread

ykumar00

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
There are a lot of people asking about how to flash, why to flash new baseband for V30X Roms., Mostly in the IZS thread.
If Anyone asks anything about Baseband, send them here.

Now, look:

HERE Is the list of all LG Optimus Black Firmware.
Download the one that is for YOUR REGION.
Its a .KDZ file.

use The Automatic ROM converter by jes0411 ( HERE ) to convert the KDZ to bin/fls Format.

Then,

BASEBAND Flasher!

This pack contains the .fls file of V30B GER, but the baseband is the same in all versions AFAIK, so you all should be able to use it. And also included is the SmartFlashTool.

GER v30B baseband + Smartflashtool
http://d-h.st/3nN

FRA v30B baseband:
http://d-h.st/a0H

Europe Open baseband:
http://d-h.st/WIY

You can find how to flash it HERE

HOW TO FLASH:
Get the LGP970_V30B_00euro_CP.fls or whatever baseband you want/need , its ~8 mb and Smartflash tool , put them together in the same folder.
Open Smartflash tool, shutdown phone , hold vol+ and plug usb .
In Smartflash tool under ROM copy D/L tab select CP bin (browse button) , select the baseband you downloaded and press start , phone should reboot after its finished with no data wiped but do a backup of your data before doing this just in case.
Good luck :p
If you get some error do this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35904411&postcount=220
BE SURE TO HAVE LG DRIVERS INSTALLED !

LG Drivers HERE

Click Thanks If I Helped :)

iamwyim

Oct 24, 2011
There are a lot of people asking about how to flash, why to flash new baseband for V30X Roms., Mostly in the IZS thread.

Now, look:

Its a .KDZ file.

use The Automatic ROM converter by jes0411 ( HERE ) to convert the KDZ to bin/fls Format.

Is that mean we can install the baseband that suits for my region into ICS by using the .fls file generated from a GB rom for my region?

Last edited:

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
guyz can i install p970 ics bin file on my ku5900....and what baseband i have to use.....ku5900 fls or p970 fls????thanx

SaschaKH

Jun 18, 2010
near Cologne
guyz can i install p970 ics bin file on my ku5900....and what baseband i have to use.....ku5900 fls or p970 fls????thanx

Don't really know but I would use the ku5900 baseband even then the only one I know is the korean v30i.
Well I hope somebody knows it for sure, I just wanted to say that I first flashed the baseband from N00BY and I found out that it is even better with CM10 and I even had Zeus 7.06 on my OB with the new baseband and there was absolutly np.
BTW baseband is NOT stored with a nandroid, because I flashed the new baseband and after that I went back to a older CM10 nandroid and had a different baseband than a few weeks ago, it even said V30b baseband.

rodga

Mar 3, 2009
Hi all

Tried flashing the baseband posted in huexx's thread and this one
The process works fine and says completed
But when I go to settings/about/baseband it shows xmm6160
Is this correct?

I'm not sure if this right, can someone please check there's and let me know what theirs is or what mine should be?

Thanks

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
Don't really know but I would use the ku5900 baseband even then the only one I know is the korean v30i.
Well I hope somebody knows it for sure, I just wanted to say that I first flashed the baseband from N00BY and I found out that it is even better with CM10 and I even had Zeus 7.06 on my OB with the new baseband and there was absolutly np.
BTW baseband is NOT stored with a nandroid, because I flashed the new baseband and after that I went back to a older CM10 nandroid and had a different baseband than a few weeks ago, it even said V30b baseband.

SO it means after converting mu ku5900 into p970 by flashing patched V20B bin...i can install Cm10 and zues without flashing any baseband????

Last edited:

cookiepuppy

Jan 19, 2013
Is that mean we can install the baseband that suits for my region into ICS by using the .fls file generated from a GB rom for my region?

Well, then. Nooby said that baseband is same for all versions. Try flashing any v30 baseband

as i understand this i can use baseband from older version of android, if that is correct - can i take a v10e baseband and put it with IZS or marvel v10 or nemesis x ???

Hi all

Tried flashing the baseband posted in huexx's thread and this one
The process works fine and says completed
But when I go to settings/about/baseband it shows xmm6160
Is this correct?

I'm not sure if this right, can someone please check there's and let me know what theirs is or what mine should be?

Thanks

It's okay, just check gps/call/sms works flawlessly....

i have on my OB the same baseband like rodga posted, sms and phone work fine, gps work and locates the sat. but it hard to get a fix even tho it finds around 4 sattelites but the time zone doesnt work, and it doesnt recognize my network as HSPDA but it does recognize my operator ORANGE.

i wonder if my question above is correct then maybe i can enjoy the last few annoying thing about owning a OB in my country, we got only froyo for OB here, no updates from LG for us:(:(:(:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:.

Last edited:

laloy

Jun 4, 2010
noob q.......just wonder....last time i have a unknown baseband but so far didnt give me any problem(maybe there is but i dont know). but then i stll flash baseband.....
if unknown baseband, what is the basic problem that can be face?

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
noob q.......just wonder....last time i have a unknown baseband but so far didnt give me any problem(maybe there is but i dont know). but then i stll flash baseband.....
if unknown baseband, what is the basic problem that can be face?

If you have ICS and flash a baseband of v10x or v20x, that is normal.

It is possible that you wont have any problems with that...

mrtriceratops

Sep 10, 2014
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. There's a lot of great resources on this forum that have been very useful to me and I really appreciate it. :) Anyways I'm using Marvel v11 (which is great in every other respect btw, thanks @tantrums) on my P970 and meant to post to the thread there but it seems like my postcount is too low for that still. Anyways I'm having issues connecting to the data network and GPS of my carrier and I figure it might have something to do with the baseband.

I had a look in the settings and it shows the software version as 30b-EUR (screenshots attached). My carrier's stock firmware is listed on the lg-phone-firmware page (sorry can't post the link) as 30F. My first thought was that it might have something to do with the fact that I'm in Canada? So I downloaded my carrier's stock .kdz, converted it to .fls/.bin, and flashed successfully in SFT. I know the new baseband is on there because the Marvel one is named differently (1035.23_20110407). But I still have the same problem: no connection to mobile data or to GPS satellites.
I've seen quite a few posts (including n00by's) saying that all basebands are the same. Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Or is there something I might have overlooked?

Attachments

• 2014-09-11-14-33-35.jpg
    2014-09-11-14-33-35.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2014-09-11-14-34-33.jpg
    2014-09-11-14-34-33.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 33

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. There's a lot of great resources on this forum that have been very useful to me and I really appreciate it. :) Anyways I'm using Marvel v11 (which is great in every other respect btw, thanks @tantrums) on my P970 and meant to post to the thread there but it seems like my postcount is too low for that still. Anyways I'm having issues connecting to the data network and GPS of my carrier and I figure it might have something to do with the baseband.

I had a look in the settings and it shows the software version as 30b-EUR (screenshots attached). My carrier's stock firmware is listed on the lg-phone-firmware page (sorry can't post the link) as 30F. My first thought was that it might have something to do with the fact that I'm in Canada? So I downloaded my carrier's stock .kdz, converted it to .fls/.bin, and flashed successfully in SFT. I know the new baseband is on there because the Marvel one is named differently (1035.23_20110407). But I still have the same problem: no connection to mobile data or to GPS satellites.
I've seen quite a few posts (including n00by's) saying that all basebands are the same. Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Or is there something I might have overlooked?

Have you verified that the APNs are correct for your carrier? They can change over time by carrier. Some folks forget to set them on a fresh flash (I certainly have). Even a letter or number off can screw things up.

ruleta

Oct 11, 2017
Can anyone get mirror links?
I can't download from any of those, can you confirm it's not just me?

Thanks

edit: Here's the new link for LG Optimus Black - lg-kdz-firmware.com/lg-p970-firmware/1.html

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now, look:

Its a .KDZ file.

Then,

BASEBAND Flasher!

This pack contains the .fls file of V30B GER, but the baseband is the same in all versions AFAIK, so you all should be able to use it. And also included is the SmartFlashTool.

GER v30B baseband + Smartflashtool
    http://d-h.st/3nN

FRA v30B baseband:
    http://d-h.st/a0H

Europe Open baseband:
    http://d-h.st/WIY

You can find how to flash it HERE

HOW TO FLASH:
    Get the LGP970_V30B_00euro_CP.fls or whatever baseband you want/need , its ~8 mb and Smartflash tool , put them together in the same folder.
    Open Smartflash tool, shutdown phone , hold vol+ and plug usb .
    In Smartflash tool under ROM copy D/L tab select CP bin (browse button) , select the baseband you downloaded and press start , phone should reboot after its finished with no data wiped but do a backup of your data before doing this just in case.
    Good luck :p
    If you get some error do this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35904411&postcount=220
    BE SURE TO HAVE LG DRIVERS INSTALLED !

LG Drivers HERE

Click Thanks If I Helped :)
    It's okay, just check gps/call/sms works flawlessly....