Remove /Bypass Lockscreen With Recovery

Search This thread

adithyan25

Jun 24, 2015
221B Baker Street

Recently when i restored my data using TWRP i faced a problem at lock screen.
I was not able to unlock my phone with the pin i set Earlier..So after so many attempts i was able to find a solution for that problem.(works with pattern,pin etc)
650x300x2016-02-01-17.24.56-650x300.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.mMj7EJhi9_.png

Requirements
-----------------

1. A phone That cant be unlocked witha your Pin/Pattern :p
2.Any custom recovery installed(TWRP i will say)..Get TWRP from https://twrp.me/Devices/

Steps
-------

1.Once You installed twrp boot into recovery mode.
2.Go to advanced>filemanager to acces the files in your phone.
300x533xTWRP-home.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.X120HbFRU1.png

3.Ggo to the /data/system folder. Scroll down and find the two files with the .key extension. Delete both of them (by tapping on the file and then tapping the �Delete� button). Then, delete all the files containing the word locksettings.

• password.key
  • pattern.key
  • locksettings.db
  • locksettings.db-shm
  • locksettings.db-wal
300x533xTWRP-pinreset1.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ghmGs8Z_4t.png

Once you�ve deleted all the key and locksettings files, reboot your system. If it asks you to install SuperSU, choose �Do Not Install�.

Once Android starts, your lock screen should appear, with no PIN or password prompt. Unlock your phone (yay!) :highfive: :fingers-crossed: and head to Android�s Settings. Scroll down and go to Security > Screen Lock. From there, you can choose a new PIN or password to lock your phone.

Hope this helped you..Hot Thanks if this was helpful :)

muzliamir

Jun 17, 2015
Great solutions brother.. how user use CWM or PHILZTOUCH?

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

sejmand

Mar 24, 2012
Karlsruhe
OnePlus 9 Pro
suddenly my phone (G4 H815 lineage ) can't be unlocked (see attachment)

I tried it with but it didn't worked for me...
any Idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170204-021850.png
    Screenshot_20170204-021850.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 10,423

sejmand

Mar 24, 2012
Karlsruhe
OnePlus 9 Pro
dirty flash doen't work
when I delete only:

gatekeeper.password.key
gatekeeper.pattern.key

I can get in again, but I can't set a new lockscreen...

when I delete also:

locksettings.db
locksettings.db-shm
locksettings.db-wal

I can't get in anymore...

only wiping data, cache and dalvik works (clean flash)
-
could this be a problem with system profile settings?
(disable lockscreen when wifi is connected)

adithyan25

Jun 24, 2015
221B Baker Street
dirty flash doen't work
when I delete only:

gatekeeper.password.key
gatekeeper.pattern.key

I can get in again, but I can't set a new lockscreen...

when I delete also:

locksettings.db
locksettings.db-shm
locksettings.db-wal

I can't get in anymore...

only wiping data, cache and dalvik works (clean flash)
-
could this be a problem with system profile settings?
(disable lockscreen when wifi is connected)

Nope I don't guess so...didn't faced a problem like this..I would say report it to original developer of ROM ... I tried this method on almost 8 ROMs and all went well

Reactions: sejmand

DITPL

Jun 17, 2012
I'm guessing that this works for Nougat? My son locked himself out of his G4 Plus.... This will be our last hope.

fullydeveloped

Jul 29, 2014
I have a similar but different issue. After restoring my nandroid backup with TWRP, I now get a "Your phone is encrypted" lockscreen at boot. My passcode works, but my data partition had supposedly always been encrypted - and only after the restore have I gotten the lockscreen at boot. Any ideas what caused this?

adithyan25

Jun 24, 2015
221B Baker Street
I have a similar but different issue. After restoring my nandroid backup with TWRP, I now get a "Your phone is encrypted" lockscreen at boot. My passcode works, but my data partition had supposedly always been encrypted - and only after the restore have I gotten the lockscreen at boot. Any ideas what caused this?

Nope probably some problem with datas...

Reactions: fullydeveloped

Keancarl

Jul 2, 2017
Valenzeula City
Thanks a lot its working on my j500H. After I install the custom rom there is a problem on my data connection so i decided to flash it back to its current system. then the password didnt recognize it :) thanks to this

Haroun16

Nov 15, 2014
Hello
I have done this and it worked but now when I try to set a new pin or password, nothing happens. I click on "PIN" and it just takes me back to the previous screen

m0d hipp¥

Sep 27, 2006

I was not able to unlock my phone with the pin i set Earlier..So after so many attempts i was able to find a solution for that problem.(works with pattern,pin etc)
650x300x2016-02-01-17.24.56-650x300.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.mMj7EJhi9_.png

Requirements
-----------------

2.Any custom recovery installed(TWRP i will say)..Get TWRP from https://twrp.me/Devices/

Steps
-------

300x533xTWRP-home.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.X120HbFRU1.png

3.Ggo to the /data/system folder. Scroll down and find the two files with the .key extension. Delete both of them (by tapping on the file and then tapping the �Delete� button). Then, delete all the files containing the word locksettings.

• password.key
  • pattern.key
  • locksettings.db
  • locksettings.db-shm
  • locksettings.db-wal
300x533xTWRP-pinreset1.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ghmGs8Z_4t.png

Once you�ve deleted all the key and locksettings files, reboot your system. If it asks you to install SuperSU, choose �Do Not Install�.

Once Android starts, your lock screen should appear, with no PIN or password prompt. Unlock your phone (yay!) :highfive: :fingers-crossed: and head to Android�s Settings. Scroll down and go to Security > Screen Lock. From there, you can choose a new PIN or password to lock your phone.

I seriously applaud you for finding this and sharing it with the community. I have run into this before and had a difficult time finding an answer to this issue. In the past I was forced to do a wipe and start over. Obviously that's extremely tedious and inconvenient. I found some things online similar to your guide, but they didn't work for me. Your solution worked perfectly! I can't thank you enough!

The ONLY difference on my phone from what you posted is the password.key and patter.key files had a prefix "gatekeeper". In other words:
gatekeeper.password.key
gatekeeper.pattern.key

Last edited:
Reactions: xUltramarco

weasing

Jan 26, 2015

Requirements
-----------------

Steps
-------

• password.key
  • pattern.key
  • locksettings.db
  • locksettings.db-shm
  • locksettings.db-wal

this guy is a legend :)
can i paytm on your number i just got my whole ****ty data back as it was :)

Reactions: Adarsh Adk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements
    -----------------

Steps
    -------

• password.key
    • pattern.key
    • locksettings.db
    • locksettings.db-shm
    • locksettings.db-wal

suddenly my phone (G4 H815 lineage ) can't be unlocked (see attachment)

I tried it with but it didn't worked for me...
    any Idea?
    Dirty flash the ROM again..
    Basically problem with the ROM..All we do according to this thread is delete the file containing lock settings....See whether problem remains after dirty flashing
    I followed the instructions and i still cant decrypt when i delete the the locksettings.db.locksettings.db-shm.locksettings.db-wal.( i dont have any .key files under data/system) and reboot the previous unlock code is gone and i can swipe up to get in but the phone gets stuck at "phone is starting" and wont progress i can enter the setting menu,pull down notifications etc but even if i do that i still get no where please help id hate to think i spent money on a phone that cant fully use lineageos due to twrp errors. im running pie on mi mix 2s latest lineageos.

Would re flashing a diffrent recovery fix things?
    Great solutions brother.. how user use CWM or PHILZTOUCH?

I didnt tried it yet..I guess the process is same for all...why don't you give a shot and confirm..
    Cheers
    I'll have to check re the dev menu and usb debugging mode. Will let you know but I doubt it. It was a stock phone that I never modified.

I'll send you a PM with my email. Thank you so much. If you help me access my phone without losing data I will pay you handsomely my friend
    Just glad to help when i can on XDA, good group of men on here with unlimited knowledge...besides I didnt learn this stuff to keep it all to my self lol