CHome Configurator for WM6.1: Version 1.1.0.5 FINAL (UPDATED - 2008/07/11)

Search This thread

tlogix

If you are using a smartphone running on Windows Mobile 6.1, this small utility might be useful for you. It allows you to switch on/off and change the display order of the sliding panels on any CHome homescreens. It could also be used to customize all custom panels based on CWelcomeCenter and Settings plugin.

This is the final version which has all the features that I have planned to do since the beginning. Please try it out and report you find any bugs. Have fun.

PS: Thank rickwyatt for the dialer extracted from his ROM and everyone else who contributed the icons.

Download the ZIP version if you have trouble installing .CAB on your device.
If you are using Ricky ROM v24 with CHome Configurator preinstalled, unzip CHomeConfig_Ricky_ROM_v24.zip to \Windows folder of your device.

Chome Configurator Panel Icons Tutorial

UPDATED TO 1.1.0.5 (2008/07/11)

BUGS FIXED IN THIS RELEASE:

• Saving panel order to .home.xml sometimes reports Null Reference Error.
  • Error while deleting a panel which has more than one page

Version 1.1.0.2 (2008/06/02)

Few minor changes in this version:

• NEW: First panel is now dockable
  • NEW: The page order will also be saved in the active .home.xml file
  • NEW: Icon pack is avalable from a seperate download
  • FIXED: Bug with Internet Link Template when https:// URL is specified

Version 1.1.0.1 (2008/06/02)

• NEW: Contact Dialer template now offers a choice to enable SMS button if the selected phone number isn't a mobile phone.

Version 1.1.0.0 (2008/06/02)

• NEW: interactive Application Launcher template
  • NEW: interactive Internet Link template
  • FIXED: Page Order window didn't save the settings properly
  • FIXED: location of support files (helpers & pictures) are now based on the executable's folder. This allows the software to be installed to storage card.
  • FIXED: Pictures extracted & used from Outlook Contacts are now saved in My Documents folder.
  • REMOVED: Import & Export to XML because of major problem with the importing feature.

Version 1.0.0.0 (2008/06/01)

• NEW: user can add new and remove existing panels (panels based on CWelcomeCenter)
  • NEW: import from XML, export to XML
  • NEW: ability to copy/paste/paste as new (clone)
  • NEW: page template: Application Launcher, Internet Link and Contact Dialer
  • NEW: ability to change page order
  • NEW: support for CHOME on HTC Vox
  • NEW: Contact Dialer can extract and use contact's picture.
  • FIXED: Page names are now sorted in alphanumeric order
  • FIXED: Plugin icons field is now saved properly

Version 0.9.0.3

• You are now able to add new pages and delete existing pages
  • The settings are now saved to both locations in the registry for maximum compatibility with other softwares & devices
  • Added two new properties in the panel settings: panel icons & disable page counter

Version 0.9.0.2
  • User must now have at least one visible and non disabled panel in order to save the settings.
  • Fixed a bug which prevents user to disable the panels
  • After the changes has been saved, the user must choose to reboot the device or else the changes won't have be effective (in order to accomodate panels based on CTestUIPlugin).
Version 0.9.0.1
  • Fixed a bug with Softkey 2 URL (it didn't keep its value after saving)
  • Temporarily removed "Visible" check box on Customize window.
  • Saving the new settings will automatically update the homescreen without rebooting the phone.

NOTE: The .CAB is updated. Please redownload and install it if you have
installed the old one.

chomeconfig_order.png
chomeconfig_order_2.png

chomeconfig_customize.png
chomeconfig_page_order.png

Attachments

• CHomeConfig-IconPack.CAB
    708.5 KB · Views: 10,608
  • IconPack.zip
    725.2 KB · Views: 6,885
  • CHomeConfig.CAB
    315.1 KB · Views: 14,925
  • CHomeConfig.zip
    309.8 KB · Views: 4,654
  • CHomeConfig_Ricky_ROM_v24.zip.zip
    308.9 KB · Views: 4,508
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tobbbie

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Just downloaded and installed. Tried a few tweaks and works great. Its simple to edit the panels and also seems to work well with NRG's weather panel. Awesome app, man!

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
I Must Say:

This is really nice, I do have a reg editor, which is really all this is. But it has a great GUI, and unlike the OldSAPFavorites, it actually works like it's supposed to work.

I am really impressed by the author, and heck I might even try to improve on this. Although I don't really see how. :D

Props to the author, and to everyone who hasn't checked this out, it's definitely worth the time. It takes you to exactly what you want to edit. Updates it perfectly.

Rock on!!!

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Aww man... This GREATLY eliminates the headache of having to do this through the registry! It's pretty much the same process--just a more user friendly interface!

This is already available in the current version. When the focus is on Pictures box, press the right softkey and select one of the 2 options available.:rolleyes:

Ops! Stupid me. Should try the apps first before commenting.
Anyway how about a module to modify the layout - changing the cpr file's fontsize, text placement and slide size. Make a visual presentation of changes being made.
Currently in order to see changes made to the cpr file, require changes in the settings>homescreen.

Thanks and thanks for such a useful apps.

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Ops! Stupid me. Should try the apps first before commenting.
Anyway how about a module to modify the layout - changing the cpr file's fontsize, text placement and slide size. Make a visual presentation of changes being made.
Currently in order to see changes made to the cpr file, require changes in the settings>homescreen.

Thanks and thanks for such a useful apps.

And how do you propose he accomplish that ? You STILL have to reload the CHome plugin to see your changes. Besides, making a GUI editor for the CPR files could prove to a huge pain in the ass, probably not worth his time :)

And how do you propose he accomplish that ? You STILL have to reload the CHome plugin to see your changes. Besides, making a GUI editor for the CPR files could prove to a huge pain in the ass, probably not worth his time :)
outerdepth said:
I am really impressed by the author, and heck I might even try to improve on this. Although I don't really see how.

Just responding to his comments. Too bad I'm not a coder. Well, if it can be done without hurting anyones's a$$,well and good. Otherwise....

Profezza

Mar 15, 2008
Only suggestions I could think of for an improvements is perhaps getting rid of red for the disabled ones. Its a non-standard GUI practice. More commonly the disabled would be grey, or struck through, and an icon pair, like perhaps an eye & a circleslash (or similar) would denote the visiblity of the active ones. And maybe some way of not moving them to the bottom if they are enabled-invisible, but letting them stay in place.

Still, rather trifling things, and very nice app, that should be standadrd in any 6.1 ROM, as of now, IMHO, and should probably be in the settings Cpanel! Good stuff.

tlogix

There is no software without bugs

There was a bug in version 0.9.0.0 which prevents Softkey2 URL to keep it value after the settings are saved. So I have updated the software to version 0.9.0.1. Please read the first post for more details.

Anyway how about a module to modify the layout - changing the cpr file's fontsize, text placement and slide size

It would be nice but it would be more like a software running on PC not on the phone because of its complexity and I don't think I'll have time for that for awhile :)

... More commonly the disabled would be grey, or struck through, and an icon pair, like perhaps an eye & a circleslash (or similar) would denote the visiblity of the active ones. And maybe some way of not moving them to the bottom if they are enabled-invisible, but letting them stay in place.

Belive me, grouping the panels by their visibility is more difficult to do than leaving them in place but I chose that way because it represents exactly what the user will get on the homescreen. :D

*Off topic*The version number starts at 0.9.x.x: because I haven't had enough time to implement every features I have planned for version 1.0. :rolleyes:

Features still not implemented:
  • Changing page order on Customize window
  • Adding/Deleting page on Customize window

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
First of all, thank you for making such a great app. I installed it on my Vox and it works great. The only question I have is: How can I add the CLinks page? When I make it visible, it's not on the homescreen, because it's just not present in the reg. Is there an easy way of adding it?

kevitoNY

Sep 30, 2007
Seattle
so i was messin around with it because it diddnt seem you work i hid all the panles and now it wont load even a blank screen when i reset it it freezes at with the start menu bar showing and the windows wait symbol anyone got an idea or am i F'd

tlogix

so i was messin around with it because it diddnt seem you work i hid all the panles and now it wont load even a blank screen when i reset it it freezes at with the start menu bar showing and the windows wait symbol anyone got an idea or am i F'd

I tried that myself and it required a hard reset to fix the problem. I didn't expect the homescreen to crash like that when no panel is visible (typical Microsoft QA :)

To do a hardreset:

- Turn off the phone
- Remove the battery for a few seconds and put it back
- Hold both your soft keys for a couple seconds and then while still holding the 2 keys, press power on.

I'll make sure that there's must be at least one visible panel in the next release.

debabratadey

May 13, 2008
Seattle
Top Bar Gone

When I install either this one or CHome Weather, the top bar with the status icon disappears. If I uninstall both, the top bar reappears. I have tried it several times, and I get the same results. Any ideas?

Last edited:

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
[*]Saving the new settings will automatically update the homescreen without rebooting the phone.

Does it just reload the homescreen? If it does, it want work with for people using the TestUIPlugin(like CHome Weather). If this panel is being used, then a reboot is needed to reload the homescreen. But I could be wrong, I was once before.:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are using a smartphone running on Windows Mobile 6.1, this small utility might be useful for you. It allows you to switch on/off and change the display order of the sliding panels on any CHome homescreens. It could also be used to customize all custom panels based on CWelcomeCenter and Settings plugin.

This is the final version which has all the features that I have planned to do since the beginning. Please try it out and report you find any bugs. Have fun.

PS: Thank rickwyatt for the dialer extracted from his ROM and everyone else who contributed the icons.

Download the ZIP version if you have trouble installing .CAB on your device.
    If you are using Ricky ROM v24 with CHome Configurator preinstalled, unzip CHomeConfig_Ricky_ROM_v24.zip to \Windows folder of your device.

Chome Configurator Panel Icons Tutorial

UPDATED TO 1.1.0.5 (2008/07/11)

BUGS FIXED IN THIS RELEASE:

• Saving panel order to .home.xml sometimes reports Null Reference Error.
    • Error while deleting a panel which has more than one page

Version 1.1.0.2 (2008/06/02)

Few minor changes in this version:

• NEW: First panel is now dockable
    • NEW: The page order will also be saved in the active .home.xml file
    • NEW: Icon pack is avalable from a seperate download
    • FIXED: Bug with Internet Link Template when https:// URL is specified

Version 1.1.0.1 (2008/06/02)

• NEW: Contact Dialer template now offers a choice to enable SMS button if the selected phone number isn't a mobile phone.

Version 1.1.0.0 (2008/06/02)

• NEW: interactive Application Launcher template
    • NEW: interactive Internet Link template
    • FIXED: Page Order window didn't save the settings properly
    • FIXED: location of support files (helpers & pictures) are now based on the executable's folder. This allows the software to be installed to storage card.
    • FIXED: Pictures extracted & used from Outlook Contacts are now saved in My Documents folder.
    • REMOVED: Import & Export to XML because of major problem with the importing feature.

Version 1.0.0.0 (2008/06/01)

• NEW: user can add new and remove existing panels (panels based on CWelcomeCenter)
    • NEW: import from XML, export to XML
    • NEW: ability to copy/paste/paste as new (clone)
    • NEW: page template: Application Launcher, Internet Link and Contact Dialer
    • NEW: ability to change page order
    • NEW: support for CHOME on HTC Vox
    • NEW: Contact Dialer can extract and use contact's picture.
    • FIXED: Page names are now sorted in alphanumeric order
    • FIXED: Plugin icons field is now saved properly

Version 0.9.0.3

• You are now able to add new pages and delete existing pages
    • The settings are now saved to both locations in the registry for maximum compatibility with other softwares & devices
    • Added two new properties in the panel settings: panel icons & disable page counter

Version 0.9.0.2
    • User must now have at least one visible and non disabled panel in order to save the settings.
    • Fixed a bug which prevents user to disable the panels
    • After the changes has been saved, the user must choose to reboot the device or else the changes won't have be effective (in order to accomodate panels based on CTestUIPlugin).
    Version 0.9.0.1
    • Fixed a bug with Softkey 2 URL (it didn't keep its value after saving)
    • Temporarily removed "Visible" check box on Customize window.
    • Saving the new settings will automatically update the homescreen without rebooting the phone.

NOTE: The .CAB is updated. Please redownload and install it if you have
    installed the old one.

chomeconfig_order.png
    chomeconfig_order_2.png

chomeconfig_customize.png
    chomeconfig_page_order.png
    any reason why I'm getting an error when i try to dock first panel:

Permission denied when writing to \Application Data\Home\SlidingPanel.home.xml

upgraded my ricky v24
    Thanks

[edit]
    I restarted my dash, tried it again (menu > 3 > 5 was check marked btw) and enabled the dock first panel and i get registry errors:

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CHome (click OK) then
    Security\CHome\DefaultSettings