Atlanta
Update 10-25 Aroma Kang Jelly AOSPJB Personalizer
Personalize any JB based CM, AOKP, paranoid, slim, or other non-stock ROMs
on Skyrocket or Hercules

Version 1.57
AOKP JB, CM10, ETC. personalizer
Version .797
Everything else

Now you can change your ugly CM10 weather icons to the pretty AOKP weather icons!

Check the changelog down below.
This will not work in cwm 6xxx. (Touch or not)
It will work in sk8rwitskil's 6xxx.

This should work on any device. The boot animations are constrained to 800x480 devices, and the inverted stuff is constrained to jellybean. Please Lemme know if you link in another devices forum though!

Quick Description! Flash this from recovery at any time to personalize your AOSP ROM (Like cm10 or AOKP based ROMs) You don't have to wipe any caches. You can change the system font, the boot animation, and a few more features. You can also flash this immediately after a new ROM and conveniently flash gapps, the agps patch by crypted, add root browser, tibu, and rom manager.. or fix permissions right away with a script from realpariah and minotauri. You flash this as many times as you want. Anytime you want to change something, just go to recovery and flash again.

PERSONALIZE YOUR ROM IN A FLASH! (That's almost as clever as "Kang of all Kangs")

I want to express an extra huggy thanks to Team Passion for not objecting (openly, anyway) to my blatant exploiting of their Chimera installer as a template for this.
Also Thanks to:
Team BAKED
m4750d0n
sk8rwitskil
obtained
crypted
therealpariah
minotauri
mindmajick
Team Inferno
djdarkknight96
rujelus22
armyvet66629

Instructions: flash the zip from recovery and it will open. Choose your menu items, pick your theme. Straightforward from there, really. Just pick what you want to install. You can leave anything you don't want unchecked, if you check something by accident, there is a "do nothing" choice in every selection group.

Note!! Aroma will likely freeze in official CWM 6.xxx recovery. It will work in sk8rwitskil's 6.xxx recovery, and some features may not work in TWRP.

Download 1.57 from Goo!

1.57 changelog-
removed my attempt at inverted gapps with the messed up google now and replaced them with travp624's 10/16 inverted gapps

1.47 changelog-

Added option to change lock screen and notification drawer weather icons to either AOKP or CM10 (credit to armyvet66629 for having this great idea)
updated to 10-11 regular gapps
inverted gapps I pieced together myself, might be WIP still (lemme know of any issues please)
updated inverted contacts and mms

1.27 changelog-

Added inverted Facebook, Twitter, and Translate by rujelus22
Changed Inverted Music to rujelus22's version
Since colorfix version started freezing again, I didn't bother with it this time

1.16 changelog-
Removed unnecessary zero from version number
updated to latest aroma base (no more calibration)

1.006 changelog-
Added real cm10 boot animation in place of those other ones
Changed to aroma 2.51 binary. Should be more compatible with other devices now
Brought back colorfix. Seems to be working for me so far. Still, just in case, versions that end with the number 6 include the colorfix, versions that end with 7 do not.

Download .947 from dev host

.947 changelog:
Updated inverted and transparent apps-
-Mms, google voice, by djdarkknight96 (check out his theme page)
-contacts, email, calendar by x planet
-music, youtube, google plus, gmail, and other inverted gapps by team BAKED (9/14 bundle)
-transparent contacts and mms by M4750D0N
-updated aokp boot animation (removed the old one)
-changed name to reflect that this is intended for use on JB aosp roms

Download .797: http://d-h.st/9Pv

.797 change log (posted out of sequence, this was more or less one of my test builds till now)
Added team passion's morph script to invert systemui and framework Res.
This one is still for cm9 based stuff. Decided to post it since I posted .807 but there is still a demand for cm9 mods. Note: the team passion inversion script does NOT break anything in cm9 (that I'm aware of anyway)

Previous change logs are in the installer.
45b4001e-ba9f-ba68.jpg

45b4001e-bab4-d2dd.jpg

45b4001e-bac7-9501.jpg

45b4001e-badc-058b.jpg

a6937814-3e8b-4f7f.jpg

a6937814-3ec3-4426.jpg

Version .7570 download: http://d-h.st/38j
Oksana
45b4001e-8e23-3d7a.jpg

Drakoheart
45b4001e-8e4b-4f58.jpg

Zoloft
45b4001e-8e67-40bc.jpg

Champagne & Limousines
45b4001e-8e91-d373.jpg

Teen
45b4001e-8eb7-ad51.jpg

Hyperbole has to be my favorite right now..
45b4001e-037f-bd2f.jpg

Sent from my part of the problem

Last edited:

catapilla

Apr 21, 2010
Medford, OR
There should be a 3M section. KANG Sauce, we don't make your ROMs, we make them better.

Sent from my Skyrocket using awesome sarcasm.

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta

I will redo the aroma configuration tonight so it actually reflects the correct information and also *try* to add the cm9 boot animation and maybe a nightly 6/24 version.
And aokp 40 too.

To be honest if someone here more capable than I can do it better (and is familiar with that config) I wanted to get the idea some attention. This file was just to see if it worked.

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
looks awesome!!

EDIT: have you added the default storage option?

I haven't added anything yet. Right now it is in the same state that PTSD and Jaydub had it for chimera, except it installs cm9 instead. Once I figure out what I'm doing I'll start adding stuff. I have an idea how to add more fonts, boot animations, sounds, and apps. Funny thing is, the easiest thing to change on it is which ROM it installs/modifies.
So in specific response to your question, what do you mean by "default storage"? For the browser? That's within the ROM. This isn't going to change very much function. If a nightly comes out that has it then it can be taped onto this.

I

Illnevertell

Fyi other roms are gonna have trouble your symlinks are gonna be way off the updater will need fixed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I

Illnevertell

Aroma is nice the issue being it makes packages huge making it tough to host on normal sites given upload caps so its OK for aosp but could never be done for tw based roms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Skyrocket2Paradise

Feb 24, 2012
London Equador Embassy
I haven't added anything yet. Right now it is in the same state that PTSD and Jaydub had it for chimera, except it installs cm9 instead. Once I figure out what I'm doing I'll start adding stuff. I have an idea how to add more fonts, boot animations, sounds, and apps. Funny thing is, the easiest thing to change on it is which ROM it installs/modifies.
So in specific response to your question, what do you mean by "default storage"? For the browser? That's within the ROM. This isn't going to change very much function. If a nightly comes out that has it then it can be taped onto this.

it is a feature in all of the cm9 builds but none of the aokp or chamira builds. when you go to settings->storage and hit the menu button it says configure storage and you can select the internal as default. if it really is that easy you should have it modify the latest nightly :)

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Okay so it's taken me a few hours just to get my bearings.
But I got my bearings. I have to go to sleep now though so here's what's up. I'm going through the scripts and adding what skyrocket options I can. Available modems first, and a few more boot animations. It will be a big install file but it will work with AOKP and cm9. And whenever either of those get updated, like I said earlier they'll be the easiest things to change. All I've changed so far is the ROM name and stuff, no different options yet.

What is all that code stuff called anyway, xml?

45b4001e-db9c-e0b2.jpg

Whoooah. What are some good xml words? Look I'm doing xml!!
45b4001e-dbb4-7936.jpg

45b4001e-e0e1-4a5e.jpg

Also I can't get the red pixels working, the fix suggested by the guy that wrote the thing doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: onearmedscissor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 10-25 Aroma Kang Jelly AOSPJB Personalizer
    Personalize any JB based CM, AOKP, paranoid, slim, or other non-stock ROMs
    on Skyrocket or Hercules

Version 1.57
    AOKP JB, CM10, ETC. personalizer
    Version .797
    Everything else

Now you can change your ugly CM10 weather icons to the pretty AOKP weather icons!

Check the changelog down below.
    This will not work in cwm 6xxx. (Touch or not)
    It will work in sk8rwitskil's 6xxx.

This should work on any device. The boot animations are constrained to 800x480 devices, and the inverted stuff is constrained to jellybean. Please Lemme know if you link in another devices forum though!

Quick Description! Flash this from recovery at any time to personalize your AOSP ROM (Like cm10 or AOKP based ROMs) You don't have to wipe any caches. You can change the system font, the boot animation, and a few more features. You can also flash this immediately after a new ROM and conveniently flash gapps, the agps patch by crypted, add root browser, tibu, and rom manager.. or fix permissions right away with a script from realpariah and minotauri. You flash this as many times as you want. Anytime you want to change something, just go to recovery and flash again.

PERSONALIZE YOUR ROM IN A FLASH! (That's almost as clever as "Kang of all Kangs")

I want to express an extra huggy thanks to Team Passion for not objecting (openly, anyway) to my blatant exploiting of their Chimera installer as a template for this.
    Also Thanks to:
    Team BAKED
    m4750d0n
    sk8rwitskil
    obtained
    crypted
    therealpariah
    minotauri
    mindmajick
    Team Inferno
    djdarkknight96
    rujelus22
    armyvet66629

Instructions: flash the zip from recovery and it will open. Choose your menu items, pick your theme. Straightforward from there, really. Just pick what you want to install. You can leave anything you don't want unchecked, if you check something by accident, there is a "do nothing" choice in every selection group.

Note!! Aroma will likely freeze in official CWM 6.xxx recovery. It will work in sk8rwitskil's 6.xxx recovery, and some features may not work in TWRP.

Download 1.57 from Goo!

1.57 changelog-
    removed my attempt at inverted gapps with the messed up google now and replaced them with travp624's 10/16 inverted gapps

1.47 changelog-

Added option to change lock screen and notification drawer weather icons to either AOKP or CM10 (credit to armyvet66629 for having this great idea)
    updated to 10-11 regular gapps
    inverted gapps I pieced together myself, might be WIP still (lemme know of any issues please)
    updated inverted contacts and mms

1.27 changelog-

Added inverted Facebook, Twitter, and Translate by rujelus22
    Changed Inverted Music to rujelus22's version
    Since colorfix version started freezing again, I didn't bother with it this time

1.16 changelog-
    Removed unnecessary zero from version number
    updated to latest aroma base (no more calibration)

1.006 changelog-
    Added real cm10 boot animation in place of those other ones
    Changed to aroma 2.51 binary. Should be more compatible with other devices now
    Brought back colorfix. Seems to be working for me so far. Still, just in case, versions that end with the number 6 include the colorfix, versions that end with 7 do not.

Download .947 from dev host

.947 changelog:
    Updated inverted and transparent apps-
    -Mms, google voice, by djdarkknight96 (check out his theme page)
    -contacts, email, calendar by x planet
    -music, youtube, google plus, gmail, and other inverted gapps by team BAKED (9/14 bundle)
    -transparent contacts and mms by M4750D0N
    -updated aokp boot animation (removed the old one)
    -changed name to reflect that this is intended for use on JB aosp roms

Download .797: http://d-h.st/9Pv

.797 change log (posted out of sequence, this was more or less one of my test builds till now)
    Added team passion's morph script to invert systemui and framework Res.
    This one is still for cm9 based stuff. Decided to post it since I posted .807 but there is still a demand for cm9 mods. Note: the team passion inversion script does NOT break anything in cm9 (that I'm aware of anyway)

Previous change logs are in the installer.
    45b4001e-ba9f-ba68.jpg

45b4001e-bab4-d2dd.jpg

45b4001e-bac7-9501.jpg

45b4001e-badc-058b.jpg

a6937814-3e8b-4f7f.jpg

a6937814-3ec3-4426.jpg

Version .7570 download: http://d-h.st/38j
    Oksana
    45b4001e-8e23-3d7a.jpg

Drakoheart
    45b4001e-8e4b-4f58.jpg

Zoloft
    45b4001e-8e67-40bc.jpg

Champagne & Limousines
    45b4001e-8e91-d373.jpg

Teen
    45b4001e-8eb7-ad51.jpg

Hyperbole has to be my favorite right now..
    45b4001e-037f-bd2f.jpg

More screens different font and stuff: (can't add them to OP)

a6937817-271f-6027.jpg

a6937817-273c-5132.jpg

a6937817-2750-f449.jpg

a6937817-28d8-c73a.jpg

a6937817-2981-d5fd.jpg

Changes SwiftKey font too
    a6937817-27c2-9f45.jpg

Tried but couldn't take a shot mid-transition.

Updated with new aroma base. Currently calibrated for skyrocket and hercules. You can re calibrate it for anything else with the menu key, then choose yes for the alternate method. Then tap the circle 4 times in a row fast.

sent from my part of the problem
    I'll be updating this week, focusing on taking stuff out that isn't getting along with the current cm10 and aokp bases. So I'm asking ppl that use this to tell me about the rest of the stuff that doesn't work. I put so many fonts in I know some don't work but I forgot and I'm too lazy to keep reflashing to figure out which ones. Same with the apps. If something doesn't work or there's a better version out there, link me to it. Oh and PM me all this stuff please, I'm not trying to keep bumping the thread.
    (especially if I haven't completely fixed the mod yet :) )

Thanks

sent from my part of the problem