[Q] [NOOB] Help building custom ROM for S5 G900H

Search This thread

mindol81

Jul 18, 2012
Hey guys

I'm currently working on my first custom ROM mainly because there are currently no ROM for the dreaded G900H (aka Exynos) version. For this, I already downloaded a stock ROM and created my environment using Android Kitchen. So here are my questions:

1. I was able to follow and execute all the instructions to extract the custom ROM, install root and busybox. But first... is Android Kitchen even compatible with Galaxy S5?

2. Is it important to keep the CSC info on the new ROM? How can I backup current CSC info from my stock (carrier provided) S5?

3. How probable is to brick the phone if I flash a very alpha ROM as the one I'm supposedly cooking? I already have a nandroid and EFS backup

Thanks in advance for your answer and patience.

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
I cant believe no custom rom for my s900h phone. Million of users all over the world, including latin america, asia. If Iknew how to built one I would, but I have no Idea. Developers where are you?

Funny, implying that this is an statistics game. It is not and it's ridiculous to blame developers for the lack of support.
Pretty much everyone that actually develops got the Snapdragon variant, if I had a choice I'd gotten that just by the amount of code and AOSP possibility.

Exynos was only supported by a couple of devs, it's all Samsung's fault - not devs. None of them currently has an S5.

Use xposed, greenify, titanium backup and there are few reasons you'll need a custom rom.
Xposed opened a new world of possibilities to modding.

Edit: Exactly that demanding attitude is what puts devs off. Other regions are usually more polite and grateful and that's something devs have noted in the past....

Last edited:

luisnica98

Feb 24, 2011
www.retinavitreo.wordpress.com
Funny, implying that this is an statistics game. It is not and it's ridiculous to blame developers for the lack of support.
Pretty much everyone that actually develops got the Snapdragon variant, if I had a choice I'd gotten that just by the amount of code and AOSP possibility.

Exynos was only supported by a couple of devs, it's all Samsung's fault - not devs. None of them currently has an S5.

Use xposed, greenify, titanium backup and there are few reasons you'll need a custom rom.

Edit: Exactly that demanding attitude is what puts devs off. Other regions are usually more polite and grateful and that's something devs have noted in the past....

Sorry if I didnt make myself clear. English is not my first language. When I mentioned the millions of user was only to imply that more users, the more chance to have a genius among them. I didnt mean to have a demanding attitude. I was trying to say "Iknow you are out there, I know you are developing something for all of us. We are here waiting for your effort.

Reactions: jhilke

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
i dont think that will we have any custom rom for our model :(

but according with this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52168627&postcount=168 @Shohat told me that he will release custom rom until end of may,,but nothing..
maybe he is busy

I wouldn't bet *anything* on it being released, it looks to me like an abandoned project...
The whole 'I can't work on this because I don't have money' turned me off instantly from that ROM.

On topic: I have been working on a custom kernel for our device, mainly trying to improve battery life. I'm still testing, if it's worth it, I can release it.
It's based on the contributions of others, so it wouldn't be fair for me to keep it private, I just don't want to release something that will break stuff.

ice.modding

Feb 12, 2012
Tucumán
linuxforallsite.wordpress.com
Hey guys

I'm currently working on my first custom ROM mainly because there are currently no ROM for the dreaded G900H (aka Exynos) version. For this, I already downloaded a stock ROM and created my environment using Android Kitchen. So here are my questions:

1. I was able to follow and execute all the instructions to extract the custom ROM, install root and busybox. But first... is Android Kitchen even compatible with Galaxy S5?

2. Is it important to keep the CSC info on the new ROM? How can I backup current CSC info from my stock (carrier provided) S5?

3. How probable is to brick the phone if I flash a very alpha ROM as the one I'm supposedly cooking? I already have a nandroid and EFS backup

Thanks in advance for your answer and patience.

1 - yes.
2 - make an nandroid before
3 - if you have a brick, restore from your nandroid and ready again :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I cant believe no custom rom for my s900h phone. Million of users all over the world, including latin america, asia. If Iknew how to built one I would, but I have no Idea. Developers where are you?

+1
    i need custom rom too for my sm-g900h
    could anyone post full guide and video showing us how make our custom rom?
    really appreciate
    +1

Me too, I am on the same wait. Please and thanks. :good:

Sorry if I didnt make myself clear. English is not my first language. When I mentioned the millions of user was only to imply that more users, the more chance to have a genius among them. I didnt mean to have a demanding attitude. I was trying to say "Iknow you are out there, I know you are developing something for all of us. We are here waiting for your effort.