[APP] AdjBrightness

Search This thread

fantastxmw

Sep 9, 2009
play.google.com
*ROOT REQUIRED*

AdjBrightness adjusts screen brightness for *rooted* android device. It can set the brightness from 2 ~ 255 and lock it so that most of other applications cannot change it. Alternatively, if you don't want to lock the brightness, "auto restore" option can restore it after screen turned on.

It also can turn off the background light of buttons.

Saves the battery and eyes!

Anyway, IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEM, REBOOT!

It can be downloaded from market or just download the attachment.
More information: http://blog.deskangel.com/?p=350.

Download the latest version from android market:
market://search?q=pname:com.deskangel.adjbrightness

fixed bugs for Android 1.6 system.

Attachments

• AdjBrightness.apk
    109.6 KB · Views: 21,347
Last edited:

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie
*ROOT REQUIRED*

AdjBrightness adjusts screen brightness for *rooted* android device. It can set the brightness from 2 ~ 255 and lock it so that most of other applications cannot change it. Alternatively, if you don't want to lock the brightness, "auto restore" option can restore it after screen turned on.

This would be really nice if you could add an auto feature that has more too it than the stock one to save more battery. Like winmo Lumos

Works very well with my Evo 4g running Damage3.2.3 neterty kernal 7.1a rooted

Maybe also a widget with custom or pre-defined settings for easy access?
I really wish you could make this like lumos MANY MANY users have asked for this already for the evo

Last edited:
Reactions: crazykas

jwickers_1234

Jun 16, 2010
Shanghai
Most excellent ! finally i can stop those stupid backlighted buttons when i use my phone in the dark :)

But i found the brightness range is the same as what i have normally from the phone manual settings (Desire), i hoped it could go lower.

mttmllns

Nov 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
This app is great. It turns the backlight completely off on the myTouch 3G which is just what I wanted. It would be great if you could add the ability to make shortcuts on the desktop to a particular setting.

So I could hit a shortcut/widget on the desktop to change the brightness to 10 (backlight off) and then one to turn it back to 20 (backlight on).

Thanks for the app!

bear78

Aug 20, 2009
Norrköping
I found out about AdjBrightness yesterday in a thread where it was discussed it's possible to lower the brightness more than the standard brightness settings in HTC Sendse. I'm running a rooted HTC Desire with Android 2.2 (Modaco) but I can't see that the brightness get any lower with AdjBrightness than with default settings in Sense. I have given AdjBrightness root access as well. Have I missunderstood what the application actually does, can't the brightness not go below the lowest value you can set in the settings in HTC Sense? Cheers!

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Awesome. I've always wanted to go lower brightness than what Android's minimum was. This will be great for reading at night.

mojohn

Sep 9, 2010
Liberty MO
Hi. New member to the forum.

I have a rooted Backflip (US AT&T) and previously installed adjBrightness. It worked fine the last time I used it before today. However, for whatever reason, today it throws force close errors.

As I recall, the only thing I did to my phone was delete some AT&T crapware (the radio and music apps).

Any ideas?

Thanks, mojohn

fantastxmw

Sep 9, 2009
play.google.com
Hi. New member to the forum.

I have a rooted Backflip (US AT&T) and previously installed adjBrightness. It worked fine the last time I used it before today. However, for whatever reason, today it throws force close errors.

As I recall, the only thing I did to my phone was delete some AT&T crapware (the radio and music apps).

Any ideas?

Thanks, mojohn
Hi, could you tell me when the force close occurred? When starting the AdjBrightness application, or after clicked a button, or after turn on the screen?

eViL D:

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2006
Nice app. Just need some sort of homescreen widget & a new icon, it's hideous.

fantastxmw

Sep 9, 2009
play.google.com
Hi, will you plan to support the galaxy s at some point, or is it just not possible to lower the brightness on this device?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

I once made a version to support galaxy s, it can adjust the brightness, but people reported they could not turn on the screen afterwards.

Sorry, I am afraid it won't be fixed until I can access a galaxy s device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *ROOT REQUIRED*

Download the latest version from android market:
    market://search?q=pname:com.deskangel.adjbrightness

fixed bugs for Android 1.6 system.
    *ROOT REQUIRED*

This would be really nice if you could add an auto feature that has more too it than the stock one to save more battery. Like winmo Lumos

Works very well with my Evo 4g running Damage3.2.3 neterty kernal 7.1a rooted

Maybe also a widget with custom or pre-defined settings for easy access?
    I really wish you could make this like lumos MANY MANY users have asked for this already for the evo
    Hi. I just have one change I'd like to suggest.

I have the adjbrightness on my nook color and I use the Lock Brightness feature due to other apps that keeps changing the brightness when I use them. Now, it works fine but when I put the NC in sleep mode (press the power button), the brightness is still locked and the lcd lamp is still on while the screen is blank. It should turn off the screen completely.

Hope I explained that sufficiently. Thanks!

I was having the same issues with AdjBrightness. It is buggy on the Nook Color, so I removed it. Then someone on another forum suggested Screen Filter (free from the Market), and it works very well with my rooted Nook Color.
    Two things are missing

A PRO version on market that costs $1 on market so I can donate :D

A tasker plugin.

This is working on xperia pro. ©AN TU®N 0FF /\/\Y BA©KLlGHT!. woooooooooooooooooooooow :good:
    Replacing adjbrightness

While the author provides us with a tasker plugin, I will try to recreate some program funcionality in tasker:

(My device is xperia pro. Thus, I can test it working there)

Turn off the HARDWARE button leds:
    su
    echo "0" > /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0040/leds/button-backlight/brightness
    (and locking ofc: )
    chmod 500 /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0040/leds/button-backlight/brightness

These reset with every reboot, so you will have to run them "on boot" (duh) :rolleyes:

Change Screen Brightness
    echo "10" > /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0040/leds/button-backlight/brightness

Substitute "10" for your target brightness. This resets EVERYTIME your screen turns on, so you will have to run it..... you guessed right on "Display on" :good:
    (A slider widget would be cool.... ponders, ponders....)

more coming