[Q] Not connecting to computer?

Search This thread

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Xoom is not connecting to my computer what so ever.

I am using EOS IMM760 Nightly 93 (70def09)
Android version: 4.0.4
Xoom Wifi Only

MTP Device Failed
I installed motorollas 5.5.0 Driver and I just cannot connect and transfer my movie to my Xoom......................

Xoom does NOT show up via My Computer.
I am stumped.

Can someone help me please!!!

MZ604 Searching preconfigured driver folders...
MTP Device Failed

If I go to developer options & un-check USB debugging while it is connecting via USB I can hear the ding on my laptop, when I check it, I can hear the ding on my laptop. It will then proceed to the above MZ604 and MTP description via Laptop.

Last edited:

nadiros

Mar 3, 2010
New Westminster
Yeah, it is checked ON.

Its really beginning to make me want to go back to the stock OTA Rom and turn S-ON

Who knows if its drivers or the nightly eh? ..hmm.

What I like to do is install PDA.net as it seems to get the job done for me every time.

If you're interested here's the file (simple fast install), however if your Xoom always connected before then it's probably a bad install or a bug in the nightly...

just in case ;)

Attachments

• PdaNetA325.7z
    2.7 MB · Views: 33

Schellin

Jun 14, 2011
I am using buglessbeast and it is just fine, everything works great with no lag.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I gave up nightly because minor issues like these. Sometimes my computer takes a while to get conected to the xoom. Have you waited for a while? Not just plug and shazam!!

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Who knows if its drivers or the nightly eh? ..hmm.

What I like to do is install PDA.net as it seems to get the job done for me every time.

If you're interested here's the file (simple fast install), however if your Xoom always connected before then it's probably a bad install or a bug in the nightly...

just in case ;)

Some guy said that his build of the latest (93).zip is working correctly, so I'm not sure its the Rom but possibly. It worked with earlier releases of the Rom for me but until I installed (93) it keeps failing the MTP device. I think I am just stumped and have re-installed the Moto Drivers multiple times, I don't use the word multiple lightly either.

Thanks Guys.

-Nic

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
I am using buglessbeast and it is just fine, everything works great with no lag.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I gave up nightly because minor issues like these. Sometimes my computer takes a while to get conected to the xoom. Have you waited for a while? Not just plug and shazam!!

Yeah its been plugged in for hours, just to see if it would recognize the Xoom but still nothing. I will probably end up switching the Rom to a more stable build and not a Nightly build.

Thanks.

-Nic