[MOD]App2SD Script! - Use 64GB microSD for App Data on Note 10.1!

Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Here's App2SD Script you can use to "swap" your internal storage and microSD card storage space.

For example, if you have a 16GB Note 10.1 and use 64GB microSD card, applying this script will allow you to get 64GB for your apps instead of just 16GB.

When you first use the script, you might see missing app data. To fix this, simply copy the whole contents of your internal storage to microSD card beforehand (or you can do it after too). You can also use Titanium Backup app to backup apps/app data before using the script then restore your apps with data.

Now, you can enjoy 64GB easily without paying for it!

To disable the script, you can simply erase the file below using ES File Explorer with Root Explorer/Mount enabled in settings:
/system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd

OR you can also disable the script by leaving your microSD card out during boot then plug it back in after booting.

Requirements:
- You will need a rooted ROM/kernel with init.d support (OR you can probably use Script Manager app to run the script at boot, I haven't tried this but let me know, it should work just fine)
- Works on ALL stock or TouchWiz based ROMs
- Works for ALL Note 10.1 including N8000,N8010,N8013

To install:
- Simply flash the zip file in CWM Recovery or TWRP!

Download App2SD Script v0.2:
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNote10.1/app2sd/11extsd2internalsd_GNote101_ZEDOMAXv0.2.zip

Credits:
Thanks to Mattiadj for original script on i9300, which I modified for Note 10.1.

Here's a photo of my Note 10.1 Wifi 16GB:
A1XRamCCMAApCsW.jpg:large

Last edited:

Noxey

Jul 31, 2012
Quick question:

I'm new to the whole Android roothing thing. When you say I need a rooted rom, does that just mean I need to root my device? As in, if I root my device but continue running stock TouchWiz, can I enable this mod?

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
After I already returned my 16gb and ordered a 32gb..lmfao should be here Thurs.

Greatwork though..it'll likely come in handy as I have tons of big games. This is good to have for offline map use also.

sysl0rd

Jan 10, 2012
pfedelbach
wouldn't the microSD be slower than the internal storage? Basically if you swap them then it would also maybe take longer to save/load files etc?
How are your experiences with this, do you recognize any differences? Maybe also do some benchmark tests comparing pre swap and swaped versions of your note.

I think this would help me consider using your method :) maybe it would help also others who aren't sure about it yet.
great work though!

EDIT:
I also have a second question: What happens if you take out the sd card? wouldnt it take out the "system" as it is on the sdcard storage due to the swap?

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Ah OK let me see if I get this. What your script does is make my tablet see the external SDCard as if it is the internal memory and vice versa? So if I run this I need to basically just copy everything on my internal card to my external card?

Is the internal memory faster than the external if I have a Class 6 SdCard for instance? Will this cause lag in launching Apps?

And i guess we need to flash your rom so we have unit.d support for this to work?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Ah OK let me see if I get this. What your script does is make my tablet see the external SDCard as if it is the internal memory and vice versa? So if I run this I need to basically just copy everything on my internal card to my external card?

Is the internal memory faster than the external if I have a Class 6 SdCard for instance? Will this cause lag in launching Apps?

And i guess we need to flash your rom so we have unit.d support for this to work?

Yes exactly, I don't really see much lag even with a Class 2 but I do recommend higher Class 6 just in case. You need a ROM with init.d support or kernel yes OR you can try using Script Manager app, I heard it works but haven't tried it.

mentalcase87

Dec 15, 2008
I have always used a2sd on my phone so I am quite used to this all. But now that I have this and am looking to get a 64gb card I am starting to wonder if there is anyway to still utalize the 16gb that the device would have since it would be writing 90% to the card. I know a tiny amount still goes to the internal but I wonder if there is any way to pick and choose when you have so much space on either side.

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
I have always used a2sd on my phone so I am quite used to this all. But now that I have this and am looking to get a 64gb card I am starting to wonder if there is anyway to still utalize the 16gb that the device would have since it would be writing 90% to the card. I know a tiny amount still goes to the internal but I wonder if there is any way to pick and choose when you have so much space on either side.

Not really atm.

Craiq

Dec 26, 2011
Iam running rooted stock.
Script manager is installed and everything works like it did before (class 10 SD card)
PS: when you use the copy option from the script you need to manually delete the target folder

fauzin

Jan 15, 2009
I use 64GB classs 10, its formatted with exfat, when I use your script no changes (internal sd still original), when I formated my sd card to fat32 then it work fine. Is it can not worked with exfat sd card?

JuniorGG

Jun 2, 2011
Venice
Hi zedomax!
Thank you! Your trick is great!

I have just ordered the 16 GB version of this tablet today, not sure if I made the right choice, but here in my country the only version available at present is the 16Gb, with option for 3G or not (which I choose to tick).

Well, I'd like to know just a couple of things, of which I'm shure you have the answer:

- Why does the photo in your first post only show 32GB internal memory? Shouldn't these be 64?

- Are there any downsides (read/write speed in particular) in using a microSD card formatted as FAT32, instead of exFAT?

Last edited:

Goldendawn

May 31, 2010
Hi Can I just confirm this - does this mean the Internal Memory is off limits to the device or just mean it becomes like the Ext-Memory right now (you can put your own stuff on there, but the system doesn't store apps on there).

Really disappointed that Android decided to stop the Move To SD option in Android! :(

htainlin

Sep 4, 2007
Auckland
Work well with 32GB microSD class 10. However, Task Manager's and camera's storage don't know the MOD. May be they use different path. Otherwise, this is awesome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's App2SD Script you can use to "swap" your internal storage and microSD card storage space.

For example, if you have a 16GB Note 10.1 and use 64GB microSD card, applying this script will allow you to get 64GB for your apps instead of just 16GB.

When you first use the script, you might see missing app data. To fix this, simply copy the whole contents of your internal storage to microSD card beforehand (or you can do it after too). You can also use Titanium Backup app to backup apps/app data before using the script then restore your apps with data.

Now, you can enjoy 64GB easily without paying for it!

To disable the script, you can simply erase the file below using ES File Explorer with Root Explorer/Mount enabled in settings:
    /system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd

OR you can also disable the script by leaving your microSD card out during boot then plug it back in after booting.

Requirements:
    - You will need a rooted ROM/kernel with init.d support (OR you can probably use Script Manager app to run the script at boot, I haven't tried this but let me know, it should work just fine)
    - Works on ALL stock or TouchWiz based ROMs
    - Works for ALL Note 10.1 including N8000,N8010,N8013

To install:
    - Simply flash the zip file in CWM Recovery or TWRP!

Download App2SD Script v0.2:
    http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNote10.1/app2sd/11extsd2internalsd_GNote101_ZEDOMAXv0.2.zip

Credits:
    Thanks to Mattiadj for original script on i9300, which I modified for Note 10.1.

Here's a photo of my Note 10.1 Wifi 16GB:
    A1XRamCCMAApCsW.jpg:large
    here's step for noob like me: (running rooted stock)
    1) install the zip in cwm
    2) install busybox from market, then clock the busybox app to install busybox
    3) install script manager (smanager)
    4) launch Smanager, select "browse as root" then ok
    5) browse to "/system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd"
    6) u will see the script there. select it, then click Executable, tap on Su, Boot and Save
    7) reboot and you are done!

*rmb to format ur sdcard to FAT32 before u start. if ur pc dont have the option of fat32, install this http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html
    run it, right click ur sdcard n select "format partition"
    reserved

reserved

Yes exactly, I don't really see much lag even with a Class 2 but I do recommend higher Class 6 just in case. You need a ROM with init.d support or kernel yes OR you can try using Script Manager app, I heard it works but haven't tried it.
    can anyone give a tutorial to use in stock rom with script manager?
    i tried it with the following steps :
    1) format my card to fat32
    2) flash the zip in cwm
    3) found not working, try use smanager , browse to /system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd n run the script
    4) failed (caused by no busybox installed)
    5) installed busybox, try to run the script again
    6) "permission denied: are you rooted?) "
    ..so what should i do now?? someone pls help us that can't get this awesome script works..
    thank you very much

edit: done! finally done it successfully. i should tick the "su" when running the script

but now i found that every folder in my gallery appear twice (for example, 2 "camera" folders and 2 "movies" n 2" friends" folder. it should only have one.
    any help?