100% working - new ROOT for Sam Sung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152)

Search This thread

oldmanhp

Jun 14, 2012
Haiphong
Cuz the method here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329275 can not help you to root your Maga 5.8, I post the file for you to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152. It is confirmed work well.:good:

Use ODIN to flash it into your phone and you have root permission. Intruction more clearly in post #2, thank scumpicule

USE AT YOUR RISK.

BUG:
You can not update Superuser online by Market

Attachments

• I9152-JB_4.2.2-boot.tar
    6.5 MB · Views: 275,036
Last edited:

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara
Nice work man :good:

Thanks for them

I add some details for the root process for "newbies"

Instructions

1. Turn off your phone
  2. Simultaneously press the keys: Vol Down + Home + Power Then press again the power button to start the Download mode.
  3. On your computer, run Odin in administrator mode
  4. Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable
  5. Click on PDA and select the I9152-JB_4.2.2 boot.tar-file you downloaded from your computer
  6. Check the cases that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked
  7. Run the root procedure of clicking the Start button and wait a few moments.At the end of the installation, you can disconnect your phone from your computer
  8. To verify that the root is FUNCTIONAL, install applications that require super-user permissions like -->> LINK2SD

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
Great job man thanks for your efforts..

edit: as expected it flashing will trigger the counter no yellow triangle but in download mode it says: current bin: custom, system status: custom, might interfere with ota updates

edit: triangle away works well to reset counter http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

avismohite

Jun 24, 2011

edit: as expected it flashing will trigger the counter no yellow triangle but in download mode it says: current bin: custom, system status: custom, might interfere with ota updates

edit: triangle away works well to reset counter http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Br0 can u give little details about it as earlier i was using galaxy ace so dont have much idea about this triangle away..
Thanks in advance...

Reactions: !GreddyZC76

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
Help!

Please upload a copy of supersu. I deleted mine from /system/app because it won't update from play store now I'm stuck without supersu

abhijit_net

Apr 14, 2012
Mumbai

Thanks for them

Thanks Worked perfectly fine, i am now Rooted.
But i am back to Square 1 - LINK2SD is not working, it says its not supported by my device, because my device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage.
:crying:
EDIT: I bought a Class 10 - 32 GB SD for the phone, so i can move big games to SD.

Last edited:
Reactions: scumpicule

avismohite

Jun 24, 2011
Follow the link, it explains everything
kk br0 thanks after little research i read all things about it just few question if u cn clear dem?
if i dont reset via triangle away
1. will it affect the normal OTA updates which i cn get thru software update option?
2. will this affect root?
3. does this work on mega 5.8 m is der need any to reset it untill n unless i have some replacement issue to be done in which i have to give my cell to samsung store?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Use foldermount to move games to sd

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Help!

Please upload a copy of supersu. I deleted mine from /system/app because it won't update from play store now I'm stuck without supersu

Here it is
http://db.tt/KJ53jdDm

Last edited:

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
Thanks for the link but supersu reinstalled itself after reboot

I was just wondering does anyone experience the same thing-supersu wont update via play store..strange

1 yes flashing to root device with this file will trigger the flash counter which will indicate unofficial fw is installed after that samsung wont let you get ota updates

2 no but triangle away needs root to work

3 triangle away will reset the flash counter so you can get ota updates unfortunately on our device the counter goes back to 'unofficial' after a reboot

Last edited:

oldmanhp

Jun 14, 2012
Haiphong
I don't understand why the phone can not update Superuser from Market. It happen to me too.
I just have NOTE on post #1.
I have to manual update, use Root Explorer rename the newest apk file to Superuser.apk and then set permision rw-r-r for it, after that move it to /system/app overwrite the old one.

Last edited:
Reactions: numhouse

abhijit_net

Apr 14, 2012
Mumbai
Now we just need CyanogenMod !

Official ROM is useless.
Even Macromax can move stuff to SD.
No USB Mass storage.
I know there are lots of softwares for all this, but one CyanogenMod can solve all the issues.

Reactions: oldmanhp

elbildozer

Dec 7, 2012
Great

Cuz the method here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329275 can not help you to root your Maga 5.8, I post the file for you to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152. It is confirmed work well.:good:

Use ODIN to flash it into your phone and you have root permission. Intruction more clearly in post #2, thank scumpicule

USE AT YOUR RISK.

BUG:

Greattttttttttttt working

Rittik

Nov 5, 2011
Kolkata
play.google.com
Anyone working on the device tree? If so I can help and get CM development up and running. Just need a working/unfinished device tree for the 5.8

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: oldmanhp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

USE AT YOUR RISK.

BUG:

Thanks for them

Instructions

1. Turn off your phone
    2. Simultaneously press the keys: Vol Down + Home + Power Then press again the power button to start the Download mode.
    3. On your computer, run Odin in administrator mode
    4. Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable
    5. Click on PDA and select the I9152-JB_4.2.2 boot.tar-file you downloaded from your computer
    6. Check the cases that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked
    7. Run the root procedure of clicking the Start button and wait a few moments.At the end of the installation, you can disconnect your phone from your computer
    8. To verify that the root is FUNCTIONAL, install applications that require super-user permissions like -->> LINK2SD
    Can you please share the latest supersu

Here is the latest Superuser. apk v1.51

Here is the latest Superuser. apk v1.51

hey i delete old file Superuser.apk in system/app and after i put new file Superuser.apk (v 1.51) after i reboot my mobile and update superSU to v1.55 from market. :))

when i flash stock kernel back root is stay :)) and after that Triangle away reset my flash counters. :))))