Battery life issues

Search This thread

Pekow91

Feb 23, 2014
I'm running the Mahdi rom 2.5 on my gpad and my battery life is terrible. I have been doing some basic Web surfing for the past hour and the battery dropped 20% . I checked battery stats and it says the screen used 90% of the battery. I have it set at 70 percent brightness which doesn't seem to high. I'm new to Android so maybe I'm missing a setting . Any help will be great

zedorda

Apr 26, 2011
I'm running the Mahdi rom 2.5 on my gpad and my battery life is terrible. I have been doing some basic Web surfing for the past hour and the battery dropped 20% . I checked battery stats and it says the screen used 90% of the battery. I have it set at 70 percent brightness which doesn't seem to high. I'm new to Android so maybe I'm missing a setting . Any help will be great

One thing that helped my battery life was turning off the location access in settings. Alot of apps these days like to monitor your location to assist in features they have within their apps.

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
I have been doing some basic Web surfing for the past hour and the battery dropped 20% . I checked battery stats and it says the screen used 90% of the battery.
That seems about normal.
With the screen all the time on you can get about 5 hours of battery life.

It's the screen that eats pretty much all of the battery so there's no solution for it.

Pman

Oct 28, 2013
UK
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

I'm using Mahdi rom too, but it's not that bad, I think it's generally the G Pad not brilliant on battery.

I know this doesn't help with on-screen time, but get yourself Greenify app which helps with off screen battery usage. You'll need Xposed module for it to work.

You can stop wakelocks for certain things too. Get yourself Better Battery Stats to show you what's eating your battery up, especially when in sleep. When you know what's causing wakelocks, you can block them with the Rom.

You can turn this feature on under Settings > Developer Options > all the way to bottom, find "Wakelock Blocker" > Click "Enable"

Here's a few which cause problems, for me anyway, by all means try them out and see if it makes a difference:
- ActivityManager-Launch
- AlarmManager
- AudioIn
- AudioMix
- GCM_CONN_ALARM
- NlpWakeLock

Hope that helps.

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
All those things don't really help, unless you are losing more battery than a couple of percent overnight (which shouldn't be the case normally)
Actually I think that apart from the screen the G pad is very efficient and hardly uses battery when sleeping.
And there's nothing you can do about the screen being power hungry.

Last edited: