[Q] Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562L)

Search This thread

poch98

May 24, 2014
Buenos Aires
After noticing that the root on this page is not for my phone I'd like to ask for help. My international phone runs 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and I really want to root it, but its getting hard to find any trustworthy rooting instructions for my phone, as it isn't very popular. I found a page that uses something called "Bin4ry" to root it and it showed me the source of it, and it was a development thread in here. As i read the supported devices I did not find mine! I was about to root it but not finding my phone on that list did not really convince me. So, if anybody has the device GT-S7562L and has rooted it, or knows how to root it, or maybe knows if Bin4ry actually supports it? Thank you for your help I'm having trouble rooting this phone, and I'm vey skeptical about the issue! Also, if i do root it, what data is wiped? Is my cutom launcher (Nova Launcher) still gonna be there?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-24-12-05-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-24-12-05-37.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 593

TT95

May 22, 2014
Noida
After noticing that the root on this page is not for my phone I'd like to ask for help. My international phone runs 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and I really want to root it, but its getting hard to find any trustworthy rooting instructions for my phone, as it isn't very popular. I found a page that uses something called "Bin4ry" to root it and it showed me the source of it, and it was a development thread in here. As i read the supported devices I did not find mine! I was about to root it but not finding my phone on that list did not really convince me. So, if anybody has the device GT-S7562L and has rooted it, or knows how to root it, or maybe knows if Bin4ry actually supports it? Thank you for your help I'm having trouble rooting this phone, and I'm vey skeptical about the issue! Also, if i do root it, what data is wiped? Is my cutom launcher (Nova Launcher) still gonna be there?

rooting do not wipe anything....
understand this:-
Q. What the hell is Rooting ???
A. If you are familiar with the Windows operating system and its basic terms,then you must be aware what the 'Run as Administrator' option does.Its almost the same thing that rooting allows you to do in your Android.In layman language,it allows you to play around with the system files making you the true controller and administrator of the device you have shelled out so much money for.For example,changing the splash screen (the welcome screen that shows up whenever you switch on your phone,usually having the manufacturer's logo),or deleting some crap apps your mobile came loaded with,every such extraterrestrial thing requires you to have the adequate permissions to edit or replace system files.

and did search on how to root your device
i found some guides but they are for GT-S7562 and your device is GT-S7562L..
im not sure if it would work for your device or not....

poch98

May 24, 2014
Buenos Aires
rooting do not wipe anything....
understand this:-
Q. What the hell is Rooting ???
A. If you are familiar with the Windows operating system and its basic terms,then you must be aware what the 'Run as Administrator' option does.Its almost the same thing that rooting allows you to do in your Android.In layman language,it allows you to play around with the system files making you the true controller and administrator of the device you have shelled out so much money for.For example,changing the splash screen (the welcome screen that shows up whenever you switch on your phone,usually having the manufacturer's logo),or deleting some crap apps your mobile came loaded with,every such extraterrestrial thing requires you to have the adequate permissions to edit or replace system files.

and did search on how to root your device
i found some guides but they are for GT-S7562 and your device is GT-S7562L..
im not sure if it would work for your device or not....

Exactly my worries, do you own this device? have u rooted it? :(

M@khan #

Jan 3, 2015
Bareilly

Last edited: