[ROM] {P6810 - WIFI ONLY} nOOb 2.1 [Stock: XXLB4-FOP] [03/30/2012]

Should I cook another stock custom rom based on LB4_FOP firmware?

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Question about 2.1. Is the bloatware in post #2 for your original rom, or is it the same that was removed from your new 2.1. If its not the same is it compatible? Thanks

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Thanks for the ROM update mate. Was in the process of cooking the same ROM, but do like all your included tweaks. Hopefully you'll be able to whip up that flashable zip for the full version soon.Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

davp

Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane
i ran into a couple problems on my tab. but that's just probably all the crap i installed on 1.0. I would recommend a full wipe
but...
if you want, you can try flashing without full wipe... it doesn't hurt... Just do a nandroid (cwm backup) first, then wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and flash it

let me know how it goes :)

Thanks snobrdinrtiste, I used this approach for 2.1slim upgrading from noob1(slim),
it worked for me. So far tested wifi, market updates, file txfer to pc, gps.
Haven't noticed any issue yet. Thanks for your work.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
nOOb 2.1 custom stock rom is now serving! It is based on the stock XXLB4-FOP P6810 firmware. DO NOT flash this onto a P6800 (3G) tab!!!
This might be my last custom stock rom until ICS comes out...whenever that may be... I really want ICS!!!!! lol

For version 2.1, I only made a Slim version. I'll zip up the XXLB4 bloatware and make it available in the second post later.
If enough people ask, i'll make a Full version... maybe....

Thanks & Credits:
  • Task650 for all his help with getting init.d to run on the stock kernel, his build.prop tweaks and his help with the updater-script (mad props to you bro)
  • sk806 for helping me speed tweak the rom, init.d tweaks and answering all my questions while working on his Magnolia ROM!
  • Crysis21 for allowing me to port his battery percentage/charging animation from his Sensation ROM for the SGS2
  • Antiochasylum for his ICS status bar icons
  • ezynow for being the first to mod the extended power menu
  • eaglerazor123 for pointing me in the right direction to start creating this rom
  • ssaass for allowing me to use his graphics (black status bar) Thanks!
  • If I left anyone else out... my badd... just let me know and i'll add you here

Ill be trying this. Keep up the good work, you have my 8 thanks for today ;)

dfkt_

Feb 1, 2011
Vienna
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I've edited the status bar of Noob 2.1 to have a plain black background without grey stripe on the top border. I found the grey stripe to be distracting in some apps, I like it more without it. The background of the mini-app bar is black too.

Thought I share it, maybe it's useful for someone else too. Just replace the old SystemUI.apk in /system/apps, and give the new one RW-R-R permissions, then reboot.

This is for the P6810 - I don't know if it will work with the P6800 as well.

Bpe5o.jpg

Attachments

• SystemUI-dfkt-black-bg-Noob21.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: UpInTheAir

aridoasis

Jan 11, 2009
Surrey
just got my tab yesterday, and flashed this rom today. so far, i'm very, much enjoying the rom.

if you are panning to release a new version, please include the hidebar application and customizeable UA Strings for the stock browser...

Sent from my GT-P6810 using XDA

snobrdinrtiste

Jun 13, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
just got my tab yesterday, and flashed this rom today. so far, i'm very, much enjoying the rom.

if you are panning to release a new version, please include the hidebar application and customizeable UA Strings for the stock browser...

i'll keep this in mind for the next version... but i'm hoping ICS will come out by then

Reactions: aridoasis

aridoasis

Jan 11, 2009
Surrey
thanks! i'm really hoping for that ICS will be release for us soon so that modding can start. :)

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
For those using nOOB 2.1, do you have the normal Android USB Mass Storage Mode when you connect to your computer? Or does it still default to MTP?

orion13236

Dec 19, 2009
EXCELLENT rom, i use everyday, work perfectly !!

Glad not to have the package of applications that Samsung I do not use

THANK YOU !!

dfkt_

Feb 1, 2011
Vienna
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I've tweaked SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk a bit more. Next to the black status bar without line on top there's green Wifi and battery icons (battery charging is still blue, was too much hassle to fix another 100 images). Also removed the awful blueish gradient background that's seen on many menu pages, and a few more subtle tweaks here and there. Replaced the included default wallpaper and default lockscreen with much smaller images, resulting in framework-res.apk being 5MB instead of 10MB.

This is for the P6810, no idea if it works with the P6800 as well.

47735269995301602488.jpg

Reactions: mattcl

steveathome

Aug 8, 2010
Adelaide
Just put my 7.7 back to stock ready for ICS. Been running the Noob Slim 2.1 for a few months continuously with no problems. A reboot every couple weeks keeps it smooth. Thanks to snobrdinrtiste for a good Rom. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nOOb 2.1 custom stock rom is now serving! It is based on the stock XXLB4-FOP P6810 firmware. DO NOT flash this onto a P6800 (3G) tab!!!
    This might be my last custom stock rom until ICS comes out...whenever that may be... I really want ICS!!!!! lol

2.1 Slim Rom Features:
    • Root
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Build.Prop tweaks (usb charging, better touchscreen response, etc)
    • Init.d support
    • Ad Blocking with updated hosts file
    • Extended Power Menu with Restart, Recovery and Download modes ... gave me the most trouble since smali code is different between the firmwares...
    • Ability to edit the Mini Apps Bar (originally only available on 3G models)
    • Battery Percentage and Charging animation
    • stock icons with a black status bar (thanks to ssaass)
    • Replaced the notification toggle icons in favor of neutral colored ones
    • Stock Launcher (TW) speed tweaks
    • Included the latest Amazon Appstore app
    • Included SuperNote app (Slim version only since I removed Memo & PenMemo)
    • Updated the Market to the Play Store: version 3.5.15 :-D

For version 2.1, I only made a Slim version. I'll zip up the XXLB4 bloatware and make it available in the second post later.
    If enough people ask, i'll make a Full version... maybe....

Install instructions:
    1. Do a nandroid backup in CWM (always backup b4 flashing!)
    2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3. Wipe Cache
    4. Wipe Dalvik
    5. Then flash the zip file (It will automatically restart once its done flashing)
    6. Enjoy!
    7. Remember to NOT enter your account info in the initial setup... do it after the setup is done.

nOOb 2.1 - XXLB4 (FOP) Download:

nOOb 1.0 - ZSLA1 (TGY) Download (older firmware):
    Thanks & Credits:
    • Task650 for all his help with getting init.d to run on the stock kernel, his build.prop tweaks and his help with the updater-script (mad props to you bro)
    • sk806 for helping me speed tweak the rom, init.d tweaks and answering all my questions while working on his Magnolia ROM!
    • Crysis21 for allowing me to port his battery percentage/charging animation from his Sensation ROM for the SGS2
    • Antiochasylum for his ICS status bar icons
    • ezynow for being the first to mod the extended power menu
    • eaglerazor123 for pointing me in the right direction to start creating this rom
    • ssaass for allowing me to use his graphics (black status bar) Thanks!
    • If I left anyone else out... my badd... just let me know and i'll add you here
    Slim Version

screenslim1.png

Here's the list of the apps I removed in the Slim Version:
    Aurora
    Bluesea
    BluetoothTest
    BuddiesNow
    ChocoEUKor
    DigitalClock
    DioPenChineseIME
    Divx
    Dlna
    DrmProvider
    DSMForwarding
    DSMLawmo
    DualClock
    Ebook
    FactoryTest
    GameHub
    GoogleFeedback
    GoogleQuickSearchBox
    HelvNeueLT
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    Kobo
    LatinImeGoogle
    lcdTest
    Maps
    oem_install_flash_player (this is already in data/apps)
    p8_mini_penmemo
    p8_PenMemo
    PanningTryActually
    PenMemo
    PolarisOffice
    PressReader
    Pulse
    ReaderHub
    RoseEUKor
    SamsungApps
    SamsungWidget_News
    SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor
    SamsungWidget_StockClock
    SamsungWidget_WeatherClock
    SMTEngine
    SMTSetup
    SnsAccountFb
    SnsAccountLi
    SnsAccountTw
    SnsDisclaimer
    SnsImageChache
    SnsProvider
    SocialHub
    Street
    SurfSetPro
    Swype
    TrimApp
    VideoEditor
    WAPPushManager
    WlanTest
    WorldClock
    wssomacp
    wssyncmlnps
    Zinio

Here's the bloatware zips:
    Sammy Bloatware for nOOb 1.0 - ZSLA1
    Sammy Bloatware for nOOb 2.1 - XXLB4 203.11 MB
    let me know what you find out...

Tick USB debugging under applications. Works fine for me now

Sent from my GT-P6810 using Tapatalk
    nOOb 2.1 slim bloatware is now available for download in the 2nd post
    I've tweaked SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk a bit more. Next to the black status bar without line on top there's green Wifi and battery icons (battery charging is still blue, was too much hassle to fix another 100 images). Also removed the awful blueish gradient background that's seen on many menu pages, and a few more subtle tweaks here and there. Replaced the included default wallpaper and default lockscreen with much smaller images, resulting in framework-res.apk being 5MB instead of 10MB.

This is for the P6810, no idea if it works with the P6800 as well.

47735269995301602488.jpg