[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][GT-5113] CleanRom v1.1 6/3/2012

Search This thread

sgrant

Feb 21, 2011
I Proudly Present the first Custom Rom available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113)

What is this you ask:
This is a slightly modified version of the most current stock ROM available for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113).

Notice for CleanRom v1.0 users:
The update instructions are below the installation instructions. Updating to the newest version will NOT remove any of your settings or data as long as you do not Wipe Data / Factory Reset.

Changlog:
Code:
Version 1.1:

1. Moved Dropbox to Data so it can be removed
2. Removed SuperSU and added Superuser to resolve some issues.
3. Added download containing removed apk files (See details below)

Features so far:
-Stock, Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned
-Removed a bunch of bloat applications
-Removed crap bookmarks

That's about it.

Pre-requisites:
1. You must have the custom recovery installed from the Rooting thread. (If you are going to install this you do not have to install the root zip file, this rom is already rooted.)

Installation Instructions: (Update instructions below)
1. Download to external sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Make a nandroid backup Highly Recommended
4. Data Wipe/Factory Reset REQUIRED for new installations
5. Flash Rom
6. Reboot and enjoy

Update Instructions:
1. Download the latest version to your external sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery
2a. Looks like you may need to wipe data (Some people are reporting issues with Wifi if they do not wipe data.)
3. Flash Rom
4. Reboot and enjoy

Flashing the rom on my device takes about 1.5 minutes or less, but the first boot will take about 2.5 minutes, and then another 30 seconds or so to format the applications. After the first boot it will boot up much faster.

Further Information:
Since this is basically a very minimally modified version of the stock Rom there is no need to post screenshots.

Removed Apps:
Below in the download section you will find a zip file containing all of the apk files that have been removed from stock during the process of building this Rom. Some of them will allow you to simply install, but other will require a little more effort:

To install apks manually that will not install themselves you will have to do the following:
1. Move the apk file to the /system/app/ folder with a root enabled file explorer
2. Reboot you tablet.

Download Links:

Version 1.1 (Current release)

Dropbox Download v1.1

Google Drive Download v1.1

MD5: 530ba66c73a052a486f2e28a3d725a7c

Removed Apps download:

Removes Apps (Dropbox Link)

Removed Apps (Google Drive link)

MD5: ed75336fb4693b1c7361a9fa1a85d0a1

Version 1.0:
Dropbox link: Download v1.0

Google Drive link: Download v1.0

MD5: fff31853881ba6d7c6a91c5a013fdb23

Let me know if you have any issues with Google Drive, and I can look into hosting it somewhere else also.

Special Thanks to:
martijn.vanpoorten For providing faster Dropbox hosting for this Rom!

Last edited:

sgrant

Feb 21, 2011
Will this also work on P5110? Will be getting mine next week. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am not really sure if it will or not since I only have the P5113. Do you know what the difference in the P5110 is?

Edit:
Took a quick look at a spec sheet and the only thing I noticed was that it looks like the P5110 might not have the IR?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sqb

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
I am not really sure if it will or not since I only have the P5113. Do you know what the difference in the P5110 is?

Regional stuff only, I think, but if there are firmware files that differ between countries because of wifi channels, etc, it could be a problem. Never mind, I'll try it anyway. Might steal vendor files from a backup made before the flashing of your ROM. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
I'm looking at creating a similar ROM for the 5100 (3G version) but I'm running into some issues during the framework de-odex.

@sgrant: if you have any pointers as to the tools or methods you use to actually make it work, I'd appreciate it.

Peace,
C.

sgrant

Feb 21, 2011
I'm looking at creating a similar ROM for the 5100 (3G version) but I'm running into some issues during the framework de-odex.

@sgrant: if you have any pointers as to the tools or methods you use to actually make it work, I'd appreciate it.

Peace,
C.

If I had to guess I would say that you are targeting the wrong framework. Make sure you are targeting framework 15.

Regarding tools, I use Android Kitchen, but I DO NOT allow it to convert my updater-script to an update-script. Basically this means I can only use a few of the features of Android Kitchen:

1. Deodex Files
2. Zipalign
3. Create and sign zip

You may be able to use a few more things without the update-script, but I had troubles anytime I let Kitchen create it.

If you need more help create a thread in the Q&A forum and PM me the link. That way others will have a better time finding the information.

weltwon

Jul 29, 2010
Henderson NV
Clean ROM test results

Before you install the Clean ROM v1.0, know the following:

1. You MUST do a factory/reset in CWM5 (the CWM you install from my OP)
2. Factory Reset will NOT delete EVERYTHING on your external SD card
3. Installing Clean ROM V1.0 will NOT damage your CWM5.
4. I personally tested the Clean ROM V1.0 today. Runs smooth and it has some of the "bloatware" that can't be removed from the standard stock ROM. I detected an ever-so-slight improvement in smoothness & speed.
5. This ROM has NOT been tested on ANY Tab2 other than GT-P5113 at this time.

Bottom Line: We have our first SAFE custom ROM for the Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113.
Thank you sgrant !

Glenn :)

Last edited:

sgrant

Feb 21, 2011

2. Factory Reset will delete EVERYTHING on your external SD card
4. I personally tested the Clean ROM V1.0 today. Runs smooth and it has some of the "bloatware" that can't be removed from the standard stock ROM. I detected an ever-so-slight improvement in smoothness & speed.

Thank you sgrant !

Thank you Glenn!

But are you sure that the factory reset is deleting stuff from your external SD card? It is not deleting anything at all from my sdcard.

weltwon

Jul 29, 2010
Henderson NV
Factory reset does NOT wipe external SD card

Thank you Glenn!

But are you sure that the factory reset is deleting stuff from your external SD card? It is not deleting anything at all from my sdcard.

My mistake. When I tried to access my external card using Astro File Manager it said the card was 100% blank and not even formatted. Removed SD card from Tab, plugged into my desktop PC and saw that all my files/data is still on the external SD card. I have corrected my posts accordingly.

Last edited:
G

GuestK007

Excited to test this when I get home today!! Thank you for your work!

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Drive link isn't working for me. It takes me to a sign up page that tells me that I need to upgrade my Flash player ? After redirect to play store I get error saying I don't have enough storage space, I do have a 32 gb card installed with 28+ gb of free space. :-O

Pp.

Sent from my GT P-5113 using xda HD that does not force close everytime I hit submit.

sgrant

Feb 21, 2011
Drive link isn't working for me. It takes me to a sign up page that tells me that I need to upgrade my Flash player ? After redirect to play store I get error saying I don't have enough storage space, I do have a 32 gb card installed with 28+ gb of free space. :-O

Pp.

Sent from my GT P-5113 using xda HD that does not force close everytime I hit submit.

It shouldn't make you sign up. Let me see about putting up another link somewhere.

Give me a few.

Edit:

Try this: Download

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

kalel90

Aug 26, 2010
We really really need the stock rom in odin flashable form lol Does anyone know if there's one out yet or how we could accomplish getting this?

jaaka78

Mar 23, 2010
We really really need the stock rom in odin flashable form lol Does anyone know if there's one out yet or how we could accomplish getting this?

The 7 inch version has the stock odin tars for the 3113. I've seen stock tars for the p5100 and p5110 on sammobile and sampro.pl, but nothing yet for the p5113.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: martijn.vanpoorten

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Proudly Present the first Custom Rom available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113)

What is this you ask:
    This is a slightly modified version of the most current stock ROM available for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113).

Notice for CleanRom v1.0 users:
    The update instructions are below the installation instructions. Updating to the newest version will NOT remove any of your settings or data as long as you do not Wipe Data / Factory Reset.

Changlog:
    Code:
    Version 1.1:

1. Moved Dropbox to Data so it can be removed
    2. Removed SuperSU and added Superuser to resolve some issues.
    3. Added download containing removed apk files (See details below)

Features so far:
    -Stock, Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned
    -Removed a bunch of bloat applications
    -Removed crap bookmarks

That's about it.

Pre-requisites:
    1. You must have the custom recovery installed from the Rooting thread. (If you are going to install this you do not have to install the root zip file, this rom is already rooted.)

Installation Instructions: (Update instructions below)
    1. Download to external sdcard
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Make a nandroid backup Highly Recommended
    4. Data Wipe/Factory Reset REQUIRED for new installations
    5. Flash Rom
    6. Reboot and enjoy

Update Instructions:
    1. Download the latest version to your external sdcard
    2. Reboot to recovery
    2a. Looks like you may need to wipe data (Some people are reporting issues with Wifi if they do not wipe data.)
    3. Flash Rom
    4. Reboot and enjoy

Flashing the rom on my device takes about 1.5 minutes or less, but the first boot will take about 2.5 minutes, and then another 30 seconds or so to format the applications. After the first boot it will boot up much faster.

Further Information:
    Since this is basically a very minimally modified version of the stock Rom there is no need to post screenshots.

Removed Apps:
    Below in the download section you will find a zip file containing all of the apk files that have been removed from stock during the process of building this Rom. Some of them will allow you to simply install, but other will require a little more effort:

To install apks manually that will not install themselves you will have to do the following:
    1. Move the apk file to the /system/app/ folder with a root enabled file explorer
    2. Reboot you tablet.

Download Links:

Version 1.1 (Current release)

Dropbox Download v1.1

Google Drive Download v1.1

MD5: 530ba66c73a052a486f2e28a3d725a7c

Removed Apps download:

Removes Apps (Dropbox Link)

Removed Apps (Google Drive link)

MD5: ed75336fb4693b1c7361a9fa1a85d0a1

Version 1.0:
    Dropbox link: Download v1.0

Google Drive link: Download v1.0

MD5: fff31853881ba6d7c6a91c5a013fdb23

Let me know if you have any issues with Google Drive, and I can look into hosting it somewhere else also.

Special Thanks to:
    martijn.vanpoorten For providing faster Dropbox hosting for this Rom!
    Clean ROM test results

2. Factory Reset will NOT delete EVERYTHING on your external SD card

Thank you sgrant !

Saved in case I need in the future!
    Thanks sgrant. I hadn't thought of that as an option, but that actually works out much better. I appreciate the great effort! Keep it up! :)

One more suggestion - could you include md5's for your downloads? I always like to make sure I haven't received a bad download. This isn't an emergency by any means, but it is always better safe then sorry.

-- Zeustopher

MD5 sums added to the first page. I should have thought to add them, slipped my mind I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quick question - what bloat applications did you actually remove? There are a few of the Samsung ones I actually use and want to make sure I know which ones are removed so I can make backups of them with Titanium Backup first.

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and root my device. I'm so excited to start seeing a few roms popping up.

Thanks guys!

-- Zeustopher

Rather than having users worry about backing up apps I am uploading a zip file with all of the removed apps inside it.

Thank you for the feedback!