[ROM][S4][2012-07-28] CyanogenMod 10 Experimental [4.1.1 Jellybean][OBSOLETE]

Search This thread

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010
NOTICE
Now that xkonni's CM10 ROM is far ahead and has all the fixes included in this one, I would recommend everyone use that one instead:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1799139

Disclaimer
Cyanogen or anyone else on this forum is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Thanks
intervigilium, xkonni for ville repositories and source and most of the fixes
dastin1015 for building guide
CallMeVentus, BiteBlaze and everyone else who helped

Instructions
1. Download the zip file below and copy to your phone sdcard
2. Go into recovery and wipe all
3. Flash the zip
4. If you are having trouble booting, try flashing the boot image manually using fastboot

Changelog/Download
2012-07-28
Download ROM md5: 246dbdef7178b9cf78642a300f7b82e1
Download Boot image md5: 6aff397c012c0db38b4417a1900c9ba1
Download Gapps

Changes
- Inherited most fixes from xkonni (thanks for the hard work): Data/network, calls, WiFi, Bluetooth, Audio
- Temporary headphones fix - it works, but not for calls, and if you boot up the phone with the headphones plugged it may not recognise them until you unplug and replug - still working on this - haven't tested yet on headset with mic - also headphones kills the mic for some reason
- Media scanner seems to work for most music apps/Gallery but can behave erratically​

Known Issues
- Headphones fix doesn't work for calls
- YouTube rotate causes soft reboot
- Media scanner is erratic

2012-07-17 - Initial Build - Download

What Works
- Recognises baseband
- HW graphics
- Auto rotate
- Sounds on speaker
- USB mass storage (strangely this works even though the phone itself cannot get into sd card)
- LED flash (torch app)
- GPS
- Most apps​

What Doesn't Work
- Phone/network
- Can't seem to access sd card
- Root access
- Can't turn on WiFi
- Can't turn on Bluetooth
- Auto brightness
- Headphones
- Quite possibly everything else

Last edited:

nozzla

Nov 30, 2011
I'll be looking at my build tonight. Of it struggles might use this. Cheers

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: fipsib

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010
This is where the logcat freezes when booting up. Phone display shows white HTC screen.

Code:
D/QMI_FW  (  222): QCSI: Sent[13]: 14 bytes to port 1024
D/QMI_FW  (  222): QCSI: xport_handle_event[13]
I/QCOMWIFI(  342): No Target Info
I/QCOMWIFI(  348): No Target Info
I/QCOMWIFI(  354): No Target Info
I/QCOMWIFI(  360): No Target Info
I/QCOMWIFI(  375): No Target Info
I/QCOMWIFI(  385): No Target Info
I/rmt_storage(  222): unblock rmt_storage client thread
D/QMI_FW  (  222): QCSI: QMI_CSI_RX: cntl_flag - 00, txn_id - 0001, msg_id - 000
3, msg_len - 002b
D/QMI_FW  (  222): QCSI: xport_handle_event[13]
I/rmt_storage(  222): rmt_storage fop(1): bytes transferred = 3145216
I/rmt_storage(  222): rmt_storage fop(1): bytes transferred = 512
D/QMI_FW  (  222): QCSI: QMI_CSI_TX: cntl_flag - 02, txn_id - 0001, msg_id - 000
3, msg_len - 0007
D/QMI_FW  (  222): QCSI: Sent[13]: 14 bytes to port 3072
D/QMI_FW  (  222): QCSI: Received REMOVE_CLIENT cmd for 00000000:0000000c

fipsib

Jan 16, 2011
Munich
There is already jelly bean on galaxy S will it be soon on htc one s?

As the One S and the Galaxy S share the same hardware internally (evidence: they got the same letter "S" as an addition to their product name) I can assure you that the first RC will be up at 14:15 in my country or 05:20 & 01 second in your country. If you've got plans for going abroad in the next days here's a formula to calculate whenever it's going to be live wherever you go: just take the letters of the country & replace them with the number belonging to them in the alphabet. (A=01; B=02,..)

//b2t: thank you all who try to get this thing forward, I try to help after my exams are over!

riles22

Aug 6, 2009
Minneapolis
As the One S and the Galaxy S share the same hardware internally (evidence: they got the same letter "S" as an addition to their product name) I can assure you that the first RC will be up at 14:15 in my country or 05:20 & 01 second in your country. If you've got plans for going abroad in the next days here's a formula to calculate whenever it's going to be live wherever you go: just take the letters of the country & replace them with the number belonging to them in the alphabet. (A=01; B=02,..)

//b2t: thank you all who try to get this thing forward, I try to help after my exams are over!

I knew the S had to mean something :victory:

Keep up the good work everyone. I might try compiling AOSP when I get home from work, but I have never done it before so I'll probably be waiting on you more experienced devs :D

MrThreeChains

Mar 2, 2011
I kiss you all if the One S becomes a good Jellybean build like some other Android Smartphone already got and more ROM-Developers ! :cyclops:

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
sorry about my english :p i wrote to quickly. I ment Galaxy S has already got a good port of jelly bean fully working. And i was asking if HTC one S is having it soon , i'm going to buy a new phone soon and i'm aiming to buy a phone wich a max of 4.3 size, and seeying how is on development, also I prefer an HTC phone :) I'm kind of seeying how things are going over HTC forums :p

The port of galaxy S :)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775169

keyo

Feb 10, 2010
I am in this camp too. I have a galaxy S. The GPS sucks and camera support on most ROMs is bad. There are few <4.5" phones around worth buying. If I can get my hands on an S4 One S it might be perfect. But not if HTC are bad at supporting the community?

Apparently I have to give them the serial just to unlock the bootloader and void the hardware warranty. I don't think my GalaxyS ever needed such drama.

Should I get the one S or just put up with buying a stupid large phone like the galaxy s3?

fipsib

Jan 16, 2011
Munich
sorry about my english :p i wrote to quickly. I ment Galaxy S has already got a good port of jelly bean fully working. And i was asking if HTC one S is having it soon , i'm going to buy a new phone soon and i'm aiming to buy a phone wich a max of 4.3 size, and seeying how is on development, also I prefer an HTC phone :) I'm kind of seeying how things are going over HTC forums :p

The port of galaxy S :)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775169

The first rule on android development (especially for CM) is NO ETA. As you can see developers are working on a functional 4.1 Rom for the HTC One S but nobody can (&will) tell you how long it will take them to eliminate most of the bugs.
whats your advantage if you know that it will be there in given amount of time? you will need to have to wait for it ether way,.. so stay calm & be patient & at some day there will (perhaps) be a fully working Jelly Bean Rom for the HTC Ville. So if you're making your decision based on the appearance of a JB rom for it then wait until it's available because nobody can guarantee you that there will be one.

I am in this camp too. I have a galaxy S. The GPS sucks and camera support on most ROMs is bad. There are few <4.5" phones around worth buying. If I can get my hands on an S4 One S it might be perfect. But not if HTC are bad at supporting the community?

Apparently I have to give them the serial just to unlock the bootloader and void the hardware warranty. I don't think my GalaxyS ever needed such drama.

Should I get the one S or just put up with buying a stupid large phone like the galaxy s3?

I suggest you ask these questions in a thread in the Q&A section as it's some kind of (very) offtopic here

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA

Omfg! Lmfao!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE
    Now that xkonni's CM10 ROM is far ahead and has all the fixes included in this one, I would recommend everyone use that one instead:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1799139

Disclaimer
    Cyanogen or anyone else on this forum is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Thanks
    intervigilium, xkonni for ville repositories and source and most of the fixes
    dastin1015 for building guide
    CallMeVentus, BiteBlaze and everyone else who helped

Instructions
    1. Download the zip file below and copy to your phone sdcard
    2. Go into recovery and wipe all
    3. Flash the zip
    4. If you are having trouble booting, try flashing the boot image manually using fastboot

Changelog/Download
    2012-07-28
    Download ROM md5: 246dbdef7178b9cf78642a300f7b82e1
    Download Boot image md5: 6aff397c012c0db38b4417a1900c9ba1
    Download Gapps

Changes
    - Inherited most fixes from xkonni (thanks for the hard work): Data/network, calls, WiFi, Bluetooth, Audio
    - Temporary headphones fix - it works, but not for calls, and if you boot up the phone with the headphones plugged it may not recognise them until you unplug and replug - still working on this - haven't tested yet on headset with mic - also headphones kills the mic for some reason
    - Media scanner seems to work for most music apps/Gallery but can behave erratically​

Known Issues
    - Headphones fix doesn't work for calls
    - YouTube rotate causes soft reboot
    - Media scanner is erratic

2012-07-17 - Initial Build - Download

What Works
    - Recognises baseband
    - HW graphics
    - Auto rotate
    - Sounds on speaker
    - USB mass storage (strangely this works even though the phone itself cannot get into sd card)
    - LED flash (torch app)
    - GPS
    - Most apps​

What Doesn't Work
    - Phone/network
    - Root access
    - Can't turn on WiFi
    - Auto brightness
    - Headphones
    - Quite possibly everything else
    There is already jelly bean on galaxy S will it be soon on htc one s?

this is the same method I used to get booting on the mytouch slide.
    I see the One X already has a decently working jb (compared to other roms). I would follow them as a lot of there fixes will also apply to your device.
    The ramdisk most likely wont need any editting to get booting but it will to fix bugs so for now start with a clean cm9 (preferably official) cm9 boot.img
    Now build intervigilums device tree from source on the jb branch making sure to also use the custom repos he may also have in his source. This first compiled build will most likely not boot. Now pay attention to the logcat. (If logcat isnt working use liblog.so from a cm9 build and replace it with the jb one). You will most likely see nasty segfaults and lost of debugging. Now look in the debug messages and see what libs or binaries are listed. Use that as a good reference on what libs to bring over from cm9. After getting your rom booting your going to want to edit the ramdisk to get the launcher working (if it fc's) and the other stuff. Your best bet would be to download a One X JB rom and extract the boot.img. What I would first try is replacing the entire init.rc in your boot.img with the one x jb one. But if after trying to boot with that one, you get errors then your just going to want to merge over some elements from the One X JB init.rc. Now your going to want to compare the init.rc from your jb boot.img with the One X boot.img using Meld. Meld is really useful when doing tasks like this. Now your going to see what your init.rc is missing and copy it over. Also make sure you remember what libs and binaries you had to bring over/change from ICS as your later going to want to put them as blobs in a device tree so that your next compiled build will be booting. Sorry if this was a little messy because i typed this on my phone. Good luck :)
    Have got it to boot up but there are problems

Doesnt work-
    - No phone (baseband unknown)
    - Can't turn on WiFi
    - Auto brightness
    - Headphones

Works-
    - HW graphics
    - Auto rotate
    - Sounds on speaker
    - LED flash (torch app)
    - GPS
    EDIT
    Messed up the steps the first time around. The correct steps follow

Use superboot to get root and su

Code:
    ./adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod 777 /storage
    chmod 777 /storage/sdcard
    chmod 777 /sdcard

On the phone unmount the sdcard from settings->storage

Code:
    mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p36 /storage/sdcard0

And then finally remount the sdcard in Settings-Storage for it to detect your changes
    -----

I am quite new to hacking android but... lets say im trying to break in.

I have managed to get the sdcard to work, listening to music off it through apollo right now.

Seems that the wierd way it mounts the sdcard when it boots is the issue.

I want to confirm my steps a bit more before i go into to much detail.

Basically I used super.boot to get root on the device.

Unmounted the sdcard from the settings menu

chmod 777 /storage/sdcard0
    chmod /sdcard

mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p36 /storage/sdcard0

This mounts the sdcard using the same mechanism as the rest of the nand instead of mounting /dev/block/vold/179:36

Doing this also changes the outout of 'svc wifi enable' it no longer just says Killed. Instead it says nothing. Im thinking maybe part of the issue is no user rightable storage.

If this helps anyone I would love my first thanks!