[ROM][KANG]CM9 ICS 10.1 WiFi Preview 03/04/12

Search This thread

tienhn

Jul 24, 2008
We have a problem. A Chrome Beta update (0.16.4130.199) just came out that, when loaded on this ROM, will not run. Upon launch, Chrome reports:

Code:
Chrome is not supported for your version of Android.

Version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is the minimal supported version.

How do we fix this? How can we tell what string needs to be updated in order to let Chrome know that this is ICS?

Titanium or Nandroid!!!

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
The fixes I'm that thread fixed it for me. However, despite the overall improvement in loading pages, scrolling is still much worse than the stock browser IMHO.

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Ray1

Aug 13, 2011
The fixes I'm that thread fixed it for me. However, despite the overall improvement in loading pages, scrolling is still much worse than the stock browser IMHO.

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Seriously, what's with the hype about chrome, its slower than ics stock browser, and no flash.
The interface is nice on a phone, but on the tab, its not much different.

Also, as u mentioned, scrolling is downright disappointing.

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
Changing the build.prop file works. Like this method better than download from non market sources.

That's definitely a no no for me. Downloading a simple apk makes much more sense imo, but the apk didn't work so I had to edit the build prop

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shane86

Jan 28, 2009
just did the Build.prop update, works for me now.
would rather not download an untrusted app that has such close system/google tie ins, and i'd like to continue receiving beta updates.

smalis

Sep 3, 2010
Seriously, what's with the hype about chrome, its slower than ics stock browser, and no flash.
The interface is nice on a phone, but on the tab, its not much different.

Also, as u mentioned, scrolling is downright disappointing.

Quick ICS Browser, boys, best browser there is.

cwestpha

May 29, 2006
St. Paul, MN
Have tried using the build.prop edit on my galaxy tab using the latest KANG to no go with Google Chrome. Also the hacked .apk to no effect. I miss Google Chrome on my tablet. :(

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

E

ezcats

The newest gapps doesn't include YouTube because apparently its available in the market...its not there in the market...even modifyed the build.prop...nothing...anyone?

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
I decided to come back to this after that aokp build started to bog down on me. I'm glad I did since this is actually running smoother than the first time I tried it.

Kudos.

Any word on whether the Toggle menu is going to be looked over so we don't have to scroll down to access settings? Other than that, spot on.

TwanntasticSV

Jan 3, 2012
For everyone who cant wait the new build here, just head over to patricks rootzwiki forum. He builds from the same source and provides the useres with new builds almost every day

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts