[ROM][BETA 4.0.3][Evervolv-ICS-2.1.0-01MAR-HeroC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
PM'd You.

I didn't actually flash the mod. I tried to install the zip, but CWM wouldn't let me because it was an amend update. So i installed Amon RA recovery, but that wouldn't let me flash it because the build.prop was listed as hero instead of heroc. There are apps floating around xda that let people convert amend scripts to edify.

Also, is there a way to grab a logcat to determine hardware acceleration?

I'll convert it from amend to edify

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
PM'd You.

I didn't actually flash the mod. I tried to install the zip, but CWM wouldn't let me because it was an amend update. So i installed Amon RA recovery, but that wouldn't let me flash it because the build.prop was listed as hero instead of heroc. There are apps floating around xda that let people convert amend scripts to edify.

Also, is there a way to grab a logcat to determine hardware acceleration?

Why did you claim you flashed it and were fine then?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

hugabu

Nov 22, 2010
Haha that post was referring to the 60mb gapps on the OP. I made no such claims to flashing the opengl2.0 mod. sorry for the confusion! :D

Reactions: NineInchNails

jaybob413

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2007
Handing Off

EDIT: when you get things setup like you want them jaybob, where will we see future updates come from? This thread or perhaps the evervolv website or somewhere else maybe?

The initial updates and testing are complete, and the Evervolv version should now be able to be built straight from github sources. I am handing off to MattCrystal to maintain, update, build, etc. I will support him as the need arises, and as my time permits.

I would anticipate that he will create a new thread to post updates, but obviously the timing and location will be up to him and those working with him.

Thanks to Matt for being willing to pick this up, and providing continuing support for the HeroC. I sincerely appreciate it, and am glad that there is someone to pick up the slack.

Thanks again to the entire HeroC community for all of the support, laughs, fellowship, and encouragement over the course of my public development efforts that started with the Extremely Blue Rom (and all of the other colors), and continued with GingerBread builds, kernel updates, on through to ICS. It has been a lot of fun, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. See you around.

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Haha that post was referring to the 60mb gapps on the OP. I made no such claims to flashing the opengl2.0 mod. sorry for the confusion! :D

Ok I got ya. Sorry I did get confused.

Currently getting everything setup. Got a lot of testing first then I'll try to get it to build gl 2.0.

The following goes for everyone

Do not ask for an eta. This will not make me move any quicker and I would rather put out quality builds then to just give you what I have. Plus I have a life outside if developing as we all do. I do this as a hobby.

Reactions: a senile fungus

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
The gl 2.0 didn't make much difference for my two heroes if any

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

hugabu

Nov 22, 2010
Ok I got ya. Sorry I did get confused.

Currently getting everything setup. Got a lot of testing first then I'll try to get it to build gl 2.0.

The following goes for everyone

Do not ask for an eta. This will not make me move any quicker and I would rather put out quality builds then to just give you what I have. Plus I have a life outside if developing as we all do. I do this as a hobby.

Apparently, after I did some snooping, not only does the opengl2.0 mod make the ics roms faster, but it also opens the possibility of fixing the HW acceleration bug. I can continue to create and send logcats about the camera, if needed.

ajrty33: really? When you flashed it, u didn't get any errors or anything in the recovery? reports over on gsm side say that ics roms get a significant speed boost.

Last edited:

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Apparently, after I did some snooping, not only does the opengl2.0 mod make the ics roms faster, but it also opens the possibility of fixing the HW acceleration bug. I can continue to create and send logcats about the camera, if needed.

ajrty33: really? When you flashed it, u didn't get any errors or anything in the recovery? reports over on gsm side say that ics roms get a significant speed boost.

I changed the zip so I didn't get any errors. There definitely wasn't any miraculous changes, so if any they were only slight or placebo

hugabu

Nov 22, 2010
I changed the zip so I didn't get any errors. There definitely wasn't any miraculous changes, so if any they were only slight or placebo

huh. I've also read that speed improves when force GPU Rendering is turned on in developer options under settings. I can attest to a speed improvement sans-opengl2.0mod. Can u test any improvement with the mod?

Last edited:

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3

I agree wit u on the placebo effect ....I think all he the Guy did was pull gl libs from a cm 7 rom n make a zip.......it might make a difference in zero hero though..

Sent from my Hero using xda premium

Reactions: ajrty33

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
I assure you, that was not placebo! Maybe my phone is weird, but it was a huge improvement for me!

Sent from my Hero using XDA App

hugabu

Nov 22, 2010
K can someone post up the opengl2.0 mod in edify format with the build.prop edited for heroc so that I can test it as well?
kthxbai

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
after lunch im getting:
build/core/product_config.mk:196: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/htc/heroc/TeamICS.mk]]: "vendor/TeamICS/config/common_full_phone.mk" does not exist.

what am i doing wrong?

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
after lunch im getting:
build/core/product_config.mk:196: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/htc/heroc/TeamICS.mk]]: "vendor/TeamICS/config/common_full_phone.mk" does not exist.

what am i doing wrong?

Nothing. That's how its setup at the moment til I want to fix it.
Need to edit the make files for it to properly lunch the right configuration and build properly.

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
When I get some time, I can fork/merge the heroC stuff into Evervolv and help clean things up.

And as always...thanks jaybob for all of the help and insight you've given me to get the Eris build much farther along than I expected when ICS source first dropped. I hope to catch you now and then on here or gtalk :)

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
When I get some time, I can fork/merge the heroC stuff into Evervolv and help clean things up.

And as always...thanks jaybob for all of the help and insight you've given me to get the Eris build much farther along than I expected when ICS source first dropped. I hope to catch you now and then on here or gtalk :)

Goose check your pm ;)

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

New thread is up

Same build as JB's for now. Just built on my machine.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542639

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is now considered a beta version of Ice Cream Sandwich for the HeroC. Please keep all comments/communication about this ROM in this thread, and keep the Development thread clean for people actively working on the ROM.

No guarantees that anything will work, or that your phone will not be turned into a brick or a toaster. Please backup if you value what is currently on your phone.

You can use this with or without gapps. If you load them both on the initial setup, be sure to select "Setup Wizard" when the system first comes up.

In its current state this ROM with GAPPS needs around 155M in /system. I am currently running firerats at 160/20 just to be safe for testing purposes. I would recommend at least 155 for system.

There are some obvious places where we can reduce the size, but that will come as we continue to refine and move forward. Performance in not great, but overall it is fairly functional. Gapps are just some a minimal version to get Market working.

THIS ROM TAKES A LONG TIME TO BOOT (ESPECIALLY FIRST BOOT).

Boot animation has been added in 26NOV version. Please be patient.
    This is a work in progress and there remain many Opportunities for Improvement (the gentle euphemism for Defects).

Working (at least for me):
    • Touchscreen
    • Trackball
    • Phone
    • Data
    • WiFi
    • MMS
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • SD Card
    • Market
    • GPS
    • Gallery
    • Boot Animation
    • LatinIME Keyboard
    • Prediction/Dictionary
    • Network Stats (Data Usage)
    • Headsets (Audio Jack & HTC 11 Pin)

Not Working:
    • Camera
    • Gallery2
    • Graphics Acceleration
    • TBD (Lots of other stuff)

25-NOV-2011 Initial Alpha release
    TeamICS-4.0.1-25NOV-HeroC.zip

26-NOV-2011 Update with working GPS. Disabled broken qcom egl so that Google Maps works (slowly). FIXED LINK
    TeamICS-4.0.1-26NOV-GPS-HeroC.zip

28-NOV-2011 Updated kernel for better alignment with ICS. Lots of additional updates. Updated to fix wifi issue (wlan.ko replacement)
    TeamICS-4.0.1-28NOV-NEWKERN.zip

01-DEC-2011 Updated kernel to support network stats (Data usage). Modified LatinIME to show entire keyboard. Synced with CM/AOSP repos.
    TeamICS-4.0.1-01DEC-HeroC.zip

06-DEC-2011 Updated with test fix for random app crashes (phone, exchange, popups, etc.)
    TeamICS-4.0.1-01DEC-HeroC.zip

18-DEC-2011 Updated to latest AOSP/CM 4.0.3 source base. Fixed trackball. Replaced Gallery2 with older Gallery for the time being. This has major changes to the source base and limited testing, so backup is recommended.
    TeamICS-4.0.3-18DEC-HeroC.zip - Currently offline while resolving some issues

18-DEC-2011 Updated to latest AOSP/CM 4.0.3 source base. Update from earlier post to add audio driver fixes, and su updates that restore Superuser functionality.
    TeamICS-4.0.3-18DEC-HeroC-AUDIOFIX.zip - Currently offline while resolving some issues

20-DEC-2011 Back to 4.0.1 for the time being, until 4.0.3 issues can be resolved. This version has all of the standard fixes including radio/data, trackball, and audio. Also includes Gallery instead of Gallery2.
    TeamICS-4.0.1-20DEC-HeroC.zip

22-DEC-2011 Minor update to include fixes for Headset (Audio Jack) and Dictionary/Prediction.
    TeamICS-4.0.1-22DEC-HeroC.zip

25-DEC-2011 Add basic Bluetooth functionality. Additional testing in progress. Classification changed to Beta, as all major functionality is working except for Camera and Hardware Acceleration.
    TeamICS-4.0.1-25DEC-HeroC.zip

01-MAR-2012 Integrating development with Evervolv team. Brings alignment with ICS 4.0.3 development.
    Evervolv-ICS-2.1.0-01MAR-HeroC.zip

GAPPS
    You can use the latest ICS Gapps from here. Or other Gapps of your choice.
    Update Posted - 01-MAR-2012

Integrating development with Evervolv team. Brings alignment with ICS 4.0.3 development.

I am working to integrate the HeroC ROM with the Evervolv team so that the HeroC will continue to benefit from ongoing development and attention that I no longer have the bandwidth to provide.

Once this is complete MattCrystal (and perhaps dastin1015, ajrty33 and others) will be able to keep development going and future updates coming your way. I will be around to support them as time permits.

I would like to offer my thanks for the support I have received from this community, and the spirit of help and cooperation that has made this a great experience. I just don't have the time and capacity to contribute much more at this point in time.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
    nice jaybob ! btw i was ur 500th for ur thank u meter =)

Appreciate it. No prizes though. :(

Recently noticed that my thanks are inching ever closer to my posts. :)
    Handing Off

EDIT: when you get things setup like you want them jaybob, where will we see future updates come from? This thread or perhaps the evervolv website or somewhere else maybe?

The initial updates and testing are complete, and the Evervolv version should now be able to be built straight from github sources. I am handing off to MattCrystal to maintain, update, build, etc. I will support him as the need arises, and as my time permits.

I would anticipate that he will create a new thread to post updates, but obviously the timing and location will be up to him and those working with him.

Thanks to Matt for being willing to pick this up, and providing continuing support for the HeroC. I sincerely appreciate it, and am glad that there is someone to pick up the slack.

Thanks again to the entire HeroC community for all of the support, laughs, fellowship, and encouragement over the course of my public development efforts that started with the Extremely Blue Rom (and all of the other colors), and continued with GingerBread builds, kernel updates, on through to ICS. It has been a lot of fun, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. See you around.
    FAQ / Fixes

DATA ISSUES
    If you are having issues with Data try the following settings:
    • "Data enabled" checked
    • "Data roaming" unchecked
    • "System select" Home only
    If you still have issues with data, please capture the output of "adb logcat -b radio" from boot to completely booted and post it to pastebin or equivalent.

KEYBOARD ISSUE
    Attached below is a replacement keyboard that doesn't have the bottom row off-screen. This is just a quick hack to get a functional keyboard. After some clean up and testing, I will include it in the releases going forward. Just replace the existing /system/app/LatinIME.apk with this one for the time being.