[upload] fastboot and adb binaries for 64-bit linux

Search This thread

MarkusPO

Mar 28, 2011
i've just compiled android, and have adb and fastboot which may be of use for you! i couldn't find anywhere to actually download fastboot (the links on the htc site are dead), so i thought i'd put them up here for you.

they were compiled on 64-bit debian, but should work on any 64-bit linux platform. heck, as i had to install a lot of 32-bit headers, they may even work on a 32-bit machine. i can't test, so let me know if they do, and i'll update this post.

Attachments

• fastboot-and-adb.zip
    213.9 KB · Views: 8,471

z28james

Jun 13, 2009
i've just compiled android, and have adb and fastboot which may be of use for you! i couldn't find anywhere to actually download fastboot (the links on the htc site are dead), so i thought i'd put them up here for you.

they were compiled on 64-bit debian, but should work on any 64-bit linux platform. heck, as i had to install a lot of 32-bit headers, they may even work on a 32-bit machine. i can't test, so let me know if they do, and i'll update this post.

bash-4.1$ file adb
adb: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Reactions: xak944

PoedelPCS

Sep 14, 2011
Coesfeld
Xiaomi Mi 11
I am usually on 64bit gentoo, but by netbook runs a 32bit gentoo.
You could give me the source and I'll try to compile it as 32bit for the others.
I would like to obtain the source anyway. :cool:
Thanks, man

luislm

Apr 26, 2011
Thanks a lot @MarkusPO. I had a bricked LG P500 phone after clockworkmod installation failure as it only booted in fastboot mode. So, your fastboot binary was instrumental to flash the recovery image again and get my phone back without restoring oficial LG ROM. It worked in Ubuntu 10.04 32-bits with SDK installed.

Last edited:

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
file fastboot
fastboot: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, BuildID[sha1]=0xe3aff04e690e0f530f8fe8f00b1845d50f39b203, not stripped

They are both 32bit binaries

ugrnm

Sep 7, 2012
Sorry for doing some necromancy on an old discussion, but when I was looking for fastboot and adb Debian 64bit binaries, this particular thread kept coming back.

The information needs however some update that could be useful for the next soul ending up here in the hope of finding these software without having to go through the trouble of installing the SDK and executing binaries without knowing where they are coming from!

There are official Debian packages for adb and fastboot and you can use your favourite package manager to install them.

At the time of this post, they are only available on Sid, which I use, but you should be able to download the *.deb below and install them without trouble on Wheezy (Squeeze might require more work).

http://packages.debian.org/sid/android-tools-adb
http://packages.debian.org/sid/android-tools-fastboot

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

binary_boy01

Nov 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Huge thankk

Cheers mate,

I've been looking for a way to flash recovery image from ubuntu, for a whole month. You've done a marvelous job, thank you so much!

C

Aug 20, 2013
Not 64-bit

I found this thread looking for a 64-bit ADB binary, and..
That's a 32-bit binary.

It's not even statically linked, so it can't be used on a 64-bit machine without first installing a ton of 32-bit dependencies.

All those 32-bit headers you had to install were installed because you were making a 32-bit binary.

Code:
$ file adb
adb: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, not stripped
$ objdump -x adb | grep NEEDED
  NEEDED               librt.so.1
  NEEDED               libncurses.so.5
  NEEDED               libpthread.so.0
  NEEDED               libstdc++.so.6
  NEEDED               libm.so.6
  NEEDED               libgcc_s.so.1
  NEEDED               libc.so.6
  NEEDED               libdl.so.2
That means that on a 64-bit system, you'd have to install the 32-bit versions of librt, libncurses, libpthread, libstdc++, libm, libgcc_s, libc, and libdl.

This binary has no connection to the x86_64 architecture whatsoever, and ran flawlessly on an i686 Linux live CD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry for doing some necromancy on an old discussion, but when I was looking for fastboot and adb Debian 64bit binaries, this particular thread kept coming back.

The information needs however some update that could be useful for the next soul ending up here in the hope of finding these software without having to go through the trouble of installing the SDK and executing binaries without knowing where they are coming from!

There are official Debian packages for adb and fastboot and you can use your favourite package manager to install them.

At the time of this post, they are only available on Sid, which I use, but you should be able to download the *.deb below and install them without trouble on Wheezy (Squeeze might require more work).

http://packages.debian.org/sid/android-tools-adb
    http://packages.debian.org/sid/android-tools-fastboot

Hope that helps!

bash-4.1$ file adb
    adb: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped