Delhi
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDXzhFTi.png

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is... still valid?
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Whats working?
-Phone boots
-Ril
-Wifi
-Bluetooth
-VoLTE
-Camera is fixed(sort of),the default camera app can take and save pictures now,camcorder doesn't work,but you can record videos through 3rd party apps(i tested it with Footej)

Whats not?
-Proximity Sensor is a bit janky.

Extra stuff added

-Launcher3
-Phonograph
-Snapdragon Camera

Flashing Instructions:-

Code:
- Backup all your data (Important)
- Wipe /system, /data and cache.
- Flash the ROM + GApps (Download link below)
- Reboot

DOWNLOAD

ROM
Gapps

CREDITS

- @premaca @nicknitewolf (for helping me out with a lot of things,without them this project would not have been possible)
- @kumajaya @pirej @balika101 @zwliew(For initial kernel & device source & big contributions to opensource xiaomi and many ports/fixes)
- @Shubbhy for testing VoLTE
- LineageOS Team
- GZRTeam

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][8.0.0_r11] AOSP Oreo for Redmi 2 [Experimental], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 2

Contributors
s.sawrav
Source Code: https://github.com/ssawrav/android_kernel_wingtech_msm8916/tree/8.0-rebase

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-12
Last Updated 2017-10-11

Ofnigamer

Mar 23, 2014
Central City
Awesome... :good: :good: :fingers-crossed: But ROM OS Version is 2.3.x Gingerbread?? why?? :confused:

Edit: Now it is 7.x Nougat :confused: XD

Again Editing: Now it is Oreo... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: zxluser_sjly

Prinz`

Jan 9, 2013
Tuticorin
Booted, but

Using Slim Gapps Revisited, the rom boots and gets past the setup wizard, but cannot add Google account. Using the given open gapps, a lot of FC's happen and couldn't get past the setup wizard. Excellent work though @s.sawrav :D

PROdelision

Dec 11, 2015
Dombivli
Well this DT2W doesn't seem to work....
Everything else other than camera is rock solid...
Thanks a lot...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170912-214118.png
    Screenshot_20170912-214118.png
    73 KB · Views: 1,882
Reactions: kamal572

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDXzhFTi.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Whats working?
    -Phone boots
    -Ril
    -Wifi
    -Bluetooth
    -VoLTE
    -Camera is fixed(sort of),the default camera app can take and save pictures now,camcorder doesn't work,but you can record videos through 3rd party apps(i tested it with Footej)

Whats not?
    -Proximity Sensor is a bit janky.

Extra stuff added

-Launcher3
    -Phonograph
    -Snapdragon Camera

Flashing Instructions:-

Code:
    - Backup all your data (Important)
    - Wipe /system, /data and cache.
    - Flash the ROM + GApps (Download link below)
    - Reboot

DOWNLOAD

ROM
    Gapps

CREDITS

- @premaca @nicknitewolf (for helping me out with a lot of things,without them this project would not have been possible)
    - @kumajaya @pirej @balika101 @zwliew(For initial kernel & device source & big contributions to opensource xiaomi and many ports/fixes)
    - @Shubbhy for testing VoLTE
    - LineageOS Team
    - GZRTeam

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][8.0.0_r11] AOSP Oreo for Redmi 2 [Experimental], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 2

Contributors
    s.sawrav
    Source Code: https://github.com/ssawrav/android_kernel_wingtech_msm8916/tree/8.0-rebase

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-12
    Last Updated 2017-10-11
    UPDATE!!!

New Build is Up!!

-8.0.0_r11 merged.
    -SnapdragonCamera is the default cam app now(although you'd still have to use 3rd party apps like footej camera for video recording)
    -Phonograph added as the default music app.
    -AOSP's theme settings under Display enabled and added pixel theme,for reference you can check this commit
    -Few kernel tweaks & change's

Major Bugs:-
    -Video recording with the default app

Also,I would like to let the user's know(or remind them) that to not expect from me to be concerned about battery backup,unless the device doesn't goes to deep sleep,or jio's/cell phone network's,simply because i have no idea about how to randomly fix/improve those things for you and neither do i have the capabilities or the skill to do so,if you have a commit that works or improves things you can surely make a PR on my git or link me those commits,so that i can test them out.

Anyway,

Here's the download LINK

EDIT:-Clean Flash is Highly Recommended(Mandatory kind of recommendation)

EDIT 2:-For people asking about pip,you need to understand that the app should support it,the one that i know about and which is free to use is chrome and vlc,you can use pip,for example in chrome you have to open up a video in fullscreen and then directly press the home button and it'll work,AFAIK you still can't do this in YouTube (through chrome or the app) since AFAIK you need to have a paid subscription of YouTube RED,again there are so many article's about it in the internet so please do some searching before making a post.

ENJOY!!!
    Update!!

New Build's Up

-Still on September security patches.
    -Proximity on call is now fixed(thanks to @Ravi7738 for pointing out the fix)
    -Hotspot is fixed.

Current Bug's:-

-Camcorder not working(works fine with footej)

DOWNLOAD

ENJOY!!!
    UPDATE!!!

New Build is Up!!!

-Process system is not responding on boot should be fixed now.
    -Kernel side Dt2w,msm hp is added.

CLEAN FLASH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Note:- I have noticed some user's having problem setting up their devices with gapps that are linked in the 1st post,do know that it there will be issue's,what works for me everytime is that i skip the setup at first boot and later login to google/play store.Also i have seen people asking to add features and complaining about simple thing such as launcher and ui theming and what not,to those user's i'd like to say that they should please try to comprehend that this is an alpha build,and feature request will not be taken specially not now and bugs are to be expected,we just have a working 8.0 build and gapps asking to add google assistant and pixel launcher is plain absurd.
    @TecnoTailsPlays i'using the stock gcc 4.8,and nothing was done regarding graphic blobs.
    @pirej Thanks for the tip,i'll check them out,for now tomato blobs seems to do fine

Anyway,here's the download link.

Download

In case you are having issue's with AFH,you can download it from here:

Mirror