[CM9] User Support Thread / FAQ [HBO GO works w/CM9]

Search This thread

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
Definitely not a voicemail in waiting. Checked a few times just to confirm. Luckily on CM7 there was the ignore voicemail setting but as I understand it that is just an upstream issue and has not been implemented yet. There isn't anything about the phantom voicemail in the customization guide, just how to set up GV for you voicemail which I have already done. I have been browsing around casually all day trying to find a fix but it appears there just really isn't anything out there. The best I can come up with is to freeze [VOICEMAIL] Phone.4.0.3-eng Titanium and then just leave it frozen since as soon as I unfreeze it the notification comes back as seen in this thread but I just don't understand all of the ramifications of leaving it frozen. If my voicemails will still get forwarded to GV and I can just log into that and check them then great I will just leave it frozen but if freezing it removes phone functionality then it is a no go.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Do you have titanium backup and if so did you backup the game? If you did then you can just select the app in titanium and click restore data.
I tried that...now im going to try and install it from the market and restore data to see if that works...if not..i may be sol huh and just one of those phones that doesnt play nice with restoring apps on cm9...which i wouldnt be mad at all...cm9 is worth more than starting a game over!!

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
Definitely not a voicemail in waiting. Checked a few times just to confirm. Luckily on CM7 there was the ignore voicemail setting but as I understand it that is just an upstream issue and has not been implemented yet. There isn't anything about the phantom voicemail in the customization guide, just how to set up GV for you voicemail which I have already done. I have been browsing around casually all day trying to find a fix but it appears there just really isn't anything out there. The best I can come up with is to freeze [VOICEMAIL] Phone.4.0.3-eng Titanium and then just leave it frozen since as soon as I unfreeze it the notification comes back as seen in this thread but I just don't understand all of the ramifications of leaving it frozen. If my voicemails will still get forwarded to GV and I can just log into that and check them then great I will just leave it frozen but if freezing it removes phone functionality then it is a no go.
There has already been an ticket created in the issue tracker here, seems some phones/accounts just have it. I'm lucky in that I didn't have to deal with it. It also sounds like you've done everything possible up to this point.

I'll keep an eye out for any other work arounds I come across.

Reactions: danipoak

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
I posted on several threads to see if anyone has any ideas how to get this working. VVM, Mine provisioned, set all up I get the text message but the app doesn't download voicemails and I don't even get the voicemail notification icon. I know the VM is there because of the 9016 text but I still have to dial 1 on the dialer to manually get to my voicemails. Anyone out there throw some ideas out, I just can't stand when something is supposed to work and doesn't.

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

davidh59

Nov 20, 2011
Poland, IN
I having problems sending mms and saw on the status page about clearing data. But I can't find the right place, could someone point me in the right direction? thx

di14

Jan 24, 2012
So you know how if you want face unlock, you create a blank file at /sdcard/.forcefaceunlock before you install gapps? Well...what sort of blank file? Should I right click>New>Text Document?

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
So you know how if you want face unlock, you create a blank file at /sdcard/.forcefaceunlock before you install gapps? Well...what sort of blank file? Should I right click>New>Text Document?

just use a file management tool, like es file explorer or root explorer. Create a new file with that name. you don't have to do anything else with the file.

You can't use windows to create it because windows won't allow a filename with nothing before the dot.

Reactions: di14

justppc

Feb 24, 2008
www.justelementary.com
Anybody here using a Third Party Call Log program that they particularly like which works well with CM9? Native CM9 Beta 0 (and on every alpha) call log has been particularly slow in loading for me, so looking for an alternative with ability call from directly from said program.

Last edited:

epicnoob66

Mar 1, 2012
Long press on home key.
Swipe the tiles away but does that kill app?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

StoneRyno

Oct 29, 2011
Long press on home key.
Swipe the tiles away but does that kill app?

That is the recently use apps list. Rather than a list of running apps. If you are wanting to make sure certain apps close after use there is a setting: settings > developer options > kill app back button. Long pressing the back button with this setting turned on will kill the app currently being viewed. I'm no app expert but this shouldn't be needed if an app is properly closing when you tap the back button to exit it. I've never had the need for the feature so perhaps I don't completely understand the purpose.

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
I didn't see it on the "to-do" list on the CM9 blog, but will the scene modes for the camera be included in a future version, as they are missing from beta 0?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

epicnoob66

Mar 1, 2012
I wanted to note that I got 2 vm's today. Worked like it should.no 9016 text either.

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
am I the only one that this vvm doesn't work? I get text but nothing with the app. I sent myself a message with the app and it never comes in either.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
am I the only one that this vvm doesn't work? I get text but nothing with the app. I sent myself a message with the app and it never comes in either.

Still nothing Ed? Why dont you make a nandroid, odin and repartition then flash CM9 fresh and try the app. If it still dont work you can just restore your nandroid. If it does work then you got some figuring to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Still nothing Ed? Why dont you make a nandroid, odin and repartition then flash CM9 fresh and try the app. If it still dont work you can just restore your nandroid. If it does work then you got some figuring to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Already tried that Kenny, I'm very anal and usually do everything I can think of to get it working. Did it last night, all the way back to stock then rooted and went through the whole process. I kind of knew it wasn't going to work because the mtd partition and yaffs file system is the same on my mtd legendary 2.2 and vvm works perfectly with Legendary. I think its something I'm missing I dont know....oh well...thanks for the suggestions...

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
Tried to get spring vvm working on cm9 the other day and it looked as if everything worked. It provisioned like it was supposed to and I had two voicemails from sprint. Well went in to work today and all the calls I missed were set to GV. I checked my settings and voicemail is set as my carrier with the correct phone number. I tried clearing data on voicemail and the phone but that didn't change anything. Anyone think of anything else?

Devtodi

Aug 16, 2011
Marin County
Gallery

I am getting all kinds of erroneous stuff in my gallery like book covers etc. Is there a way I can keep folders from being scanned?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM9: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    CyanogenMod 9 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G - User Support.

Please check these areas below for the answer to your issue:

Official FAQ
    Customization Guide
    Battery Optimization Guide

Lastly, check the issue tracker to see if the issue you are having has already been reported.

EpicCM9 Issue Tracker

You ask ... so whats next??
    Check here.

Finally, you still can’t find the answers you need? Please feel free to continue to post your questions here. We’ll do our best to find the answers you need.

Thanks to BigGoron/Uber, Meetface, kennyglass123 and edfunkycold again for their help here!
    Installation Issues

[moved to official faq]
    Lol i tried the ODIN back to stock part.....still didnt work, i rerooted it and put CM9 back, still no luck

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

If you ODIN back to stock el30 rom and it didn't work that gave you the answer. Don't bother trying cm9 or anything else its not software related. It most likely is hardware or sprint issue. You should have left the stock rom and taken your phone to sprint.

Have to delete or rename a file.

Found the answer here:
    forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/41210-cm9-alpha-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__297331

rename or delete this file and it will start running the bootanimation.zip again.

/data/property/persist.sys.nobootanimation

That setting was removed by CM.

Boot animation is working.
    post # 2898:Originally Posted by Marlinsfan88
    i must be blind or retarded but i cant find the download link for the ROM =(
    MeetFace:Or both?...hehe, had to =D

You need to visit the CMEpic website, this same link is in the OP
    http://epiccm.blogspot.com/p/cm9-install-guide.html

post #2901:Originally Posted by Marlinsfan88
    which one do i download out of the 1-6?
    jdelano:
    CM9 alpha4 [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
    each has the same zip file; so any of them.

GApps will display a google page that lists links to download the zip file. Again just click one to download the file.

post# 2911
    davidh59
    This afternoon my phone beeped at me that the battery was low ( which it shouldn't have been ) then shut itself off. A few minutes later I turned it on and the battery was at 56%. Anyone have an idea on tracking down what happened? I've had nothing like this on any of the alphas.

On stock alpha 4

jdelano
    I had something like this today; 15% it beeped, I waited until it got down to about 11% (i wanted two days off charge). I plugged in my phone to my PC, the PC nor the phone saw they were connected to each other. So I rebooted the phone (with the usb still connected). When it came back up, it had 46% battery; the PC then saw the phone then.

I'll run it down until it beeps again to see if it happens. if we can repeat it we can submit it to CM

Similar problems here, I submitted the issue and the reaction was that all roms are supposed to shut down at low battery, they mentioned possibly lowering the value for the shut down, but marked the bug as an Enhancement instead of a defect.