[Questions][Questions From a dev][Willing To Move To Lg g Pad]

Search This thread

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
Hi guys...

I am willing to buy an lg g pad 8.3 but to just root it and make it my doll :p:p and make roms for it to share , but i got a few questions to ask .

The questions are :

Is it worth the buy

Is the Performace good

I dont care since i will debloat and make my rom and publish but ahh :p

How's the screen ?

Is it easy to root ?

Does it have a locked bootloader ?

Where can i get the stcok frimware files ? so that if something happenes i can simply flash stock

How are the speakers ?

Is the ir blaster useful ?

I hope i get answeres to my stupid questions :p:p

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
Wow! Los of questions.
1. Yes, I think it's worth the buy.
2. Performence are okay on stock rom, pretty fast, spectacular on AOSP roms.
3. The screen is great if you are not perfectionist, some of the slates have a light leak from the buttom at low brightness, and the wires are kinds yellow but that's totally fixable with screen adjusting apps. Besides the problems , it is very high resolution, great colors, great contrast.
I think it is pretty easy to root, not easy as a nexua but easy enough. You develop roms so it will be easy for you.
4. Yes, it has a locked bootloader, and we use loki to bypass it.
5. Lg has a restoration tool
6. The speakers are pretty loud, kinda tinny, but okay.
7. Not so much. The Qremote on the G Pad is pretty limited, and it doesnt work on AOSP.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Wow! Lots of questions.
2. Performence are okay on stock rom, pretty good, spectacular on AOSP roms.
3. The screen is great if you are not perfectionist, some of the slates have a light leak from the buttom at low brightness, and the whitew are kind of yellow but that's totally fixable with screen adjusting apps. Besides the problems , it is very high resolution, great colors, great contrast.
4.I think it is pretty easy to root, not easy as a nexua but easy enough. You develop roms so it will be easy for you.
5. Yes, it has a locked bootloader, and we use loki to bypass it.
6. Lg has a restoration tool
7. The speakers are pretty loud, kinda tinny, but okay.
8. Not so much. The Qremote on the G Pad is pretty limited, and it doesnt work on AOSP.

Reactions: mythi

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
Wow! Los of questions.
3. The screen is great if you are not perfectionist, some of the slates have a light leak from the buttom at low brightness, and the wires are kinds yellow but that's totally fixable with screen adjusting apps. Besides the problems , it is very high resolution, great colors, great contrast.
I think it is pretty easy to root, not easy as a nexua but easy enough. You develop roms so it will be easy for you.
7. Not so much. The Qremote on the G Pad is pretty limited, and it doesnt work on AOSP.

thanks alot dude :laugh: but is there a way to lock to bootloader again , sorry for asking to many questions:silly:

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
You're not stupid, and we're here to help.
Loki is used in all the Root and custom recovery methods, it will tell you what to do, you dont have to download anything special.
The LG tool can be found in the return to stock in general

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
Rooting is very easy, about 5 minutes including finding the thread, reading the instructions, downloading the script and running it. Once you have done it, it's less than 30 seconds to do.

KDZ file is available. Check the "return to stock" thread.

It's a very nice device. The upcoming Samsung 8.4 will probably surpass it but it's excellent for the price. LG do things a little differently to Samsung but if you have experience with a LG device, you will be fine.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow! Los of questions.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Wow! Lots of questions.
    2. Performence are okay on stock rom, pretty good, spectacular on AOSP roms.
    3. The screen is great if you are not perfectionist, some of the slates have a light leak from the buttom at low brightness, and the whitew are kind of yellow but that's totally fixable with screen adjusting apps. Besides the problems , it is very high resolution, great colors, great contrast.
    4.I think it is pretty easy to root, not easy as a nexua but easy enough. You develop roms so it will be easy for you.
    5. Yes, it has a locked bootloader, and we use loki to bypass it.
    6. Lg has a restoration tool
    7. The speakers are pretty loud, kinda tinny, but okay.
    8. Not so much. The Qremote on the G Pad is pretty limited, and it doesnt work on AOSP.