[Q] Problems downgrading to HBOOT 0.98.00000

Search This thread

Pixilume

Apr 26, 2013
www.benjamindesign.nl
Hi! Making this thread is kind of my last resort as I'm stuck in a good ol' bootloop. I would like to downgrade from Android 4.2 to the official rom it shipped with. I'm not familliar enough with the technical side of things to know why the RUU's I'm trying to flash won't work but i believe it's because I still have HBOOT 2.00.002.

First I tried Android Flasher to flash engHBOOToverARX.img to it (which should set it to 0.98.0000) but when i flash the window just stays empty and it executes nothing.

Then I followed this guide multiple times but then this happens:

Code:
C:\NEW>adb push zergRush /data/local/tmp
adb server is out of date.  killing...
* daemon started successfully *
1098 KB/s (23060 bytes in 0.020s)

C:\NEW>adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp
1754 KB/s (589450 bytes in 0.328s)

C:\NEW>adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/zergRush
chmod: /data/local/tmp/zergRush: Not a directory

C:\NEW>adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version
chmod: /data/local/tmp/misc_version: Not a directory
I tried my best to search for solutions but no luck yet.

I'm trying to use this version (with the correct region and radio ofcourse) but during the installation it returns an error.
RUU_Saga_S_HTC_Europe_2.10.401.9_Radio_20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M_release_234765_signed.exe
I've tried other ones as well and also extracting the rom.zip/PH98IMG.zip and manually flashing it through recovery. This is what recovery returns:

Code:
Installing '/sdcard/PH98IMG.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
Verifying zip signature...
E:Zip signature verification failed: 1
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/PH98IMG.zip'
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/data'

Samething with SetMainVersionLOW.zip using this guide, with the correct mainver number in the android_info file.

Together with trying the goldcard method I believe those are most of the things I have tried so far. My current details are:
UNLOCKED
Saga PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
Radio-3822.10.08.04_M
eMMC-boot
TWRP Recovery

I hope someone will try to help me out so maybe others in my situation can learn from my mistakes ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: KiranGadge911

steve_htc_wizard

Jan 13, 2008
man i was tired when i misread your post, you have already said you tried everything i sugested so ive deleted what i wrote to save further embarasment lol

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hi! Making this thread is kind of my last resort as I'm stuck in a good ol' bootloop. I would like to downgrade from Android 4.2 to the official rom it shipped with. I'm not familliar enough with the technical side of things to know why the RUU's I'm trying to flash won't work but i believe it's because I still have HBOOT 2.00.002.

First I tried Android Flasher to flash engHBOOToverARX.img to it (which should set it to 0.98.0000) but when i flash the window just stays empty and it executes nothing.

Code:

I'm trying to use this version (with the correct region and radio ofcourse) but during the installation it returns an error.
RUU_Saga_S_HTC_Europe_2.10.401.9_Radio_20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M_release_234765_signed.exe
I've tried other ones as well and also extracting the rom.zip/PH98IMG.zip and manually flashing it through recovery. This is what recovery returns:

Code:
Checking for MD5 file...

Samething with SetMainVersionLOW.zip using this guide, with the correct mainver number in the android_info file.

Together with trying the goldcard method I believe those are most of the things I have tried so far. My current details are:
UNLOCKED
Saga PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
Radio-3822.10.08.04_M
eMMC-boot
TWRP Recovery

I hope someone will try to help me out so maybe others in my situation can learn from my mistakes ;)

First its PG88IMG not PH98IMG

Second, u need to relock ur bootloader for ruu to work. Boot into fastboot, open command window and type

fastboot oem lock

Reactions: Pixilume

Pixilume

Apr 26, 2013
www.benjamindesign.nl
Thank you both for replying! Steve_htc_wizard: I'll try your way if all else fails!

Second, u need to relock ur bootloader for ruu to work. Boot into fastboot, open command window and type

fastboot oem lock

The problem is that when i relock I can't access recovery anymore to execute any zips. Adb doesn't connect to my device either eventhough I updated/installed the google USB driver (Android ADB Interface) and added my model ID into the .inf file. The HTC drivers aren't any miracle workers either.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Thank you both for replying! Steve_htc_wizard: I'll try your way if all else fails!

The problem is that when i relock I can't access recovery anymore to execute any zips. Adb doesn't connect to my device either eventhough I updated/installed the google USB driver (Android ADB Interface) and added my model ID into the .inf file. The HTC drivers aren't any miracle workers either.

If ur running a ruu PG88IMG method then u do NOT flash it in recovery, put the PG88IMG.zip on the root of ur sdcard (not in a folder) then boot ur phone into bootloader (vol down + power) and bootloader will find PG88IMG and ask to update. Follow instructions on screen.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Yes I did (RELOCKED, SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL, hboot 2.00.002).

Strange that it dont work. Try redownload the exe file and extract rom.zip but dont edit anything this time, just rename it to PG88IMG.zip and try that or try getting ur phone to connect to pc. Or try different ruu. Thats the only options i can think of. Getting ur phone to connect to pc is prob ur best bet.

Pixilume

Apr 26, 2013
www.benjamindesign.nl
Strange that it dont work. Try redownload the exe file and extract rom.zip but dont edit anything this time, just rename it to PG88IMG.zip and try that or try getting ur phone to connect to pc. Or try different ruu. Thats the only options i can think of. Getting ur phone to connect to pc is prob ur best bet.

Then i get the "Main Version is older! Update Fail!" error. I did make my sd card a goldcard and never formatted it, if that's any help. By the way...thank you for your replies so far!

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Then i get the "Main Version is older! Update Fail!" error. I did make my sd card a goldcard and never formatted it, if that's any help. By the way...thank you for your replies so far!

A goldcard bypasses the cid check so thats good that u have it, use a ruu with a higher main version than the one ur trying to run. So ur trying 2.10.401.9 so download higher version.

To check what is on ur phone, boot into fastboot, plug into pc and open command window and type

fastboot getvar all

And ul see what version_main u have then just use ruu with the same or higher main version. Post the results here n we can see whats what

Pixilume

Apr 26, 2013
www.benjamindesign.nl
Hey, i've looked for a higher number download but cant seem to find one. What would be the next step? Should i edit the main version number with this misctool?

Code:
[B]C:\>fastboot getvar all[/B]
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.00.0002
INFOversion-baseband: 3822.10.08.04_M
INFOversion-main: 13.10.401.8
INFOproduct: saga

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hey, i've looked for a higher number download but cant seem to find one. What would be the next step? Should i edit the main version number with this misctool?

Code:

13.10.401.8? Never even seen that befor nor can i find ruu with that number.

If it were me id just run the ICS ruu and get it booting then if u want to use GB u can unlock ur bootloader, root then flash misc version and use older ruu. Probably quicker too

Last edited:

Pixilume

Apr 26, 2013
www.benjamindesign.nl

If it were me id just run the ICS ruu and get it booting then if u want to use GB u can unlock ur bootloader, root then flash misc version and use older ruu. Probably quicker too

That sure works! I think i'll settle for ICS just for a while atleast. Thank you and other contributors for your help. People helping people is a rare thing :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

A goldcard bypasses the cid check so thats good that u have it, use a ruu with a higher main version than the one ur trying to run. So ur trying 2.10.401.9 so download higher version.

To check what is on ur phone, boot into fastboot, plug into pc and open command window and type

fastboot getvar all

And ul see what version_main u have then just use ruu with the same or higher main version. Post the results here n we can see whats what

Code:

Code:
    Checking for MD5 file...

UNLOCKED
    Saga PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.00.0002
    Radio-3822.10.08.04_M
    eMMC-boot
    TWRP Recovery

man i was tired when i misread your post, you have already said you tried everything i sugested so ive deleted what i wrote to save further embarasment lol

Code:

Code:
    Checking for MD5 file...

UNLOCKED
    Saga PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.00.0002
    Radio-3822.10.08.04_M
    eMMC-boot
    TWRP Recovery

fastboot oem lock